Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/12, 06:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
You just made me miss my 1970 Ranchero. I lost it due to impound for being stupid when I was young.

Hey Dirk........Give me the latest on your situation half way around the world. And if you want to tell the story about the Ranchero????? BTW....we had pork chops on the grill last night.
Old 6/22/12, 10:54 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Dirk........Give me the latest on your situation half way around the world. And if you want to tell the story about the Ranchero????? BTW....we had pork chops on the grill last night.
Sitrep out here is still the same. Working nights now and it still sucks.

Well what happened is I was at the not so legal drags one night and seen some friends from high school. Had half a beer (only 20 at the time) and got busted with a DUI

The following week I was cruising around and my so called friend called the cops saying that I was pointing a gun at people and so I got pulled over by 5 city cops 2 unmarked cars and 2 K-9 units all with their weapons drawn. They didnt find a gun ( cuz I didnt have one) but did find out I had a suspended license and so they impounded the Ranchero. Didnt have the money to get it out so I lost it. Swore to this day that I will find it and get it back.

I can still taste those Pork chops from a long time ago.

Last edited by BoogieNights; 6/22/12 at 10:55 PM.
Old 6/23/12, 03:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well what happened is I was at the not so legal drags one night and seen some friends from high school. Had half a beer (only 20 at the time) and got busted with a DUI

The following week I was cruising around and my so called friend called the cops saying that I was pointing a gun at people and so I got pulled over by 5 city cops 2 unmarked cars and 2 K-9 units all with their weapons drawn. They didnt find a gun ( cuz I didnt have one) but did find out I had a suspended license and so they impounded the Ranchero. Didnt have the money to get it out so I lost it. Swore to this day that I will find it and get it back.

Yeah I am sure we all have stories like that of our younger days. Glad all you lost was the car. Wonder whatever happened to it? Auctioned off I guess.

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 6/23/12 at 05:39 PM.
Old 6/23/12, 05:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts

how old were you and how long ago was that?? Did you friend/azzhole ever get any type of payback/bad karma that you know of?
Old 6/23/12, 05:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Glenn...he said he was 20 my old friend!!
Old 6/23/12, 06:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Glenn...he said he was 20 my old friend!!
hi sea how long ago was zat?
Old 6/23/12, 09:50 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Yeah I am sure we all have stories like that of our younger days. Glad all you lost was the car. Wonder whatever happened to it? Auctioned off I guess.
The funny thing about that is the owners son of the towing company got the car. From what I was hearing from other people he tore it up. Like ruining a set of wheels that took me 2 years to find and blowing the motor that I dropped in less than a year before that happened.

The last I heard was a long time ago and that was someone else had it and was fixing it up as a DD and not going totally wild on it.

Originally Posted by Glenn
how old were you and how long ago was that?? Did you friend/azzhole ever get any type of payback/bad karma that you know of?
After that he disappeared cuz he was afriad of me. If I saw him I would have prolly beat the crap out of him. Oh and I also got the girl that he wanted Which turned into my first ex-wife lol

hi sea how long ago was zat?
Well that was back in 1998. Like 15 years ago. Sorry I was 19 at the time not 20.
Old 6/24/12, 10:29 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Hey Dirk........Give me the latest on your situation half way around the world.
Ok onto some news that I recieved this morning.........

I am being forced out of Afghanistan due to the first part of my security clearance being declined. So with that said I am currently looking for another job. Also I have to be out of country within a week. So currently I am packing my stuff and getting it ready to mail home.
Old 6/25/12, 03:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I am being forced out of Afghanistan due to the first part of my security clearance being declined. So with that said I am currently looking for another job. Also I have to be out of country within a week. So currently I am packing my stuff and getting it ready to mail home.
Wow that was sudden. I am not sure how to feel about it. Happy you get to come home get out of the place but sad that we will be needing a job. Does the company you work for have a need for people back here or other places?
Old 6/25/12, 05:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car for you, Scott...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_1006wt_1165
Old 6/25/12, 10:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

best of luck finding a new job. You have some good talent I am sure you will do well.
Old 6/25/12, 12:47 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Wow that was sudden. I am not sure how to feel about it. Happy you get to come home get out of the place but sad that we will be needing a job. Does the company you work for have a need for people back here or other places?
Honestly I could care less if they did. This is a terrible company to work for. All they are concerned with is how much money they can put into their own pockets and screw the employees out of. Hopefully I can find a decent job in the states till everything blows over.

best of luck finding a new job. You have some good talent I am sure you will do well.
Thanks man. I appreciate the support.
Old 6/25/12, 05:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by red454

Who dreams this crap up............I would rather own this one. More my style.

Old 6/25/12, 06:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Honestly I could care less if they did. This is a terrible company to work for. All they are concerned with is how much money they can put into their own pockets and screw the employees out of. Hopefully I can find a decent job in the states till everything blows over.

Thanks man. I appreciate the support.

Karen and I hope for the best for you in what ever you decide to do. You know there is always a "pork chop" waiting here for you when you stop by!!!!
Old 6/25/12, 06:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

every company os like that no one could give two ****s about the little guy.
Old 6/25/12, 06:20 PM
Cobra Member

Who dreams this crap up............I would rather own this one. More my style.

LOL, we just saw a weiner-mobile a few weeks ago, in OH cruising on 70E.

Dirk,
You have your A & P? If so, I can suggest a few places to contact.
Old 6/25/12, 09:30 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Karen and I hope for the best for you in what ever you decide to do. You know there is always a "pork chop" waiting here for you when you stop by!!!!
Hmmm i dont know if I would trust your "pork chop" let along see it

But seriously tho if I make it up that way I will bring the steaks

Originally Posted by aircare84
LOL, we just saw a weiner-mobile a few weeks ago, in OH cruising on 70E.

Dirk,
You have your A & P? If so, I can suggest a few places to contact.
Sadly no I dont have my A&P. Was thinking baout getting it but dont know if I can afford the cost of it. Its real sad to since I am only about an hour from Nashville.
Old 6/25/12, 11:17 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
It's been 90-94 degrees here all week..........I found your address back in a very early post when you wanted to buy some parts from me. Samples will be there on Tuesday of next week!
I've got to tell you Scott the thought of your old man holey smelly skivvies showing up at my mailbox had me thinking of moving.
Old 6/26/12, 04:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I've got to tell you Scott the thought of your old man holey smelly skivvies showing up at my mailbox had me thinking of moving.

Did they get there yet???
Old 6/26/12, 05:40 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Howdy Gents

hope all is well with everybody. I just went back to work after a weeks vacation. The video is last Sundays scca autocross. Only 1 other car in my class a 1986 Olds Cutlass. I'm thinking I might not come in last place. MMMM It is a custom built race car that has have a small article in Hot Rod Magazine. With my new tires he only beat me by 1 sec.

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=GOPR0056.mp4

Camera was on my Drivers side door for a new look.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread