Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/08, 09:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I knew that was an Isetta. But I didn't know it was Dick Grahams. I don't know Dick.
But I do know Steve Urkell. He drives an Isetta.
Old 10/20/08, 05:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh! Oh! Story time!

My father-in-law (who is from Germany) said he had to drive one of those in about 1959. His boss told him to take some packages into town. He threw them behind the seat and drove off. Then it quit on him and wouldn't start. Had to walk back into town. Turns out that when he threw the packages behind the seat he hit the fuel shut off.
Old 10/20/08, 05:28 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Weird weekend around here. Somebody got killed at OC drags racing a Motocycle and in Grand Haven, Mi. a couple in a cruise, crash their 34 2 door Ford coupe killing her and he is in seroius condition. Time to put the Summer toys away.
Old 10/20/08, 06:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Well it was a beautiful day for a cruise in. Lots of nice cars. Here is the Terminator I didn't win. Get this a local attorney's 19 yr old son won it.
Thats what every 19 year old needs to win.... good thing his dad is a attorney ...
Old 10/20/08, 08:06 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

...Tom, where you in Michigan this weekend ?....... Saturday, October 18, 2008
THOMAS TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Police say a Michigan man has been arrested after "receiving sexual favors from a vacuum" at a car wash.
The Saginaw News reports the 29-year-old Swan Creek Township man was arrested Thursday in Saginaw County's Thomas Township, about 90 miles northwest of Detroit.
Police Sgt. Gary Breidinger says a resident called to report suspicious activity at the car wash about 6:45 a.m. An officer approached on foot and caught the man in the act.
The suspect, whose name wasn't immediately released, is being held in the Saginaw County Jail.
Old 10/20/08, 10:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dly
a couple in a cruise, crash their 34 2 door Ford coupe killing her and he is in seroius condition. Time to put the Summer toys away.
Oh wow.. Was it someone participating in the car show in Roseland?
Old 10/20/08, 10:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
...Tom, where you in Michigan this weekend ?....... Saturday, October 18, 2008
THOMAS TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Police say a Michigan man has been arrested after "receiving sexual favors from a vacuum" at a car wash.
The Saginaw News reports the 29-year-old Swan Creek Township man was arrested Thursday in Saginaw County's Thomas Township, about 90 miles northwest of Detroit.
Police Sgt. Gary Breidinger says a resident called to report suspicious activity at the car wash about 6:45 a.m. An officer approached on foot and caught the man in the act.
The suspect, whose name wasn't immediately released, is being held in the Saginaw County Jail.

Nope wasn't me, their vacuum hoses aren't long enough.
Old 10/20/08, 11:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
afternoon Folks
Old 10/20/08, 11:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Nope wasn't me, their vacuum hoses aren't long enough.
Oh ! Ok...
Old 10/20/08, 11:56 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ov3n
Oh wow.. Was it someone participating in the car show in Roseland?

Nope, I drove by the Roseland Show around noon in my Pickup. A total of 5 cars were there.
Old 10/20/08, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dly
Nope, I drove by the Roseland Show around noon in my Pickup. A total of 5 cars were there.
Roseland = Teh Lose.

The only good thing about Roseland is Bruno's
Old 10/20/08, 01:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Wasn't me either. The diameter of those hoses is WAY too small. From what I hear.

I wonder if the vacuum will be pressing charges...
Old 10/21/08, 07:05 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ohio gets tough on crime!............Monday, October 20, 2008
BLUE ASH, Ohio - Police in Ohio say an 89-year-old woman was facing a charge of petty theft because neighborhood children accused her of refusing to give back their football. Edna Jester was arrested last week in the Cincinnati suburb of Blue Ash.
Police said one child's father complained that Jester kept the youngsters' ball after it landed in her yard. Police Capt. James Schaffer said there has been an ongoing dispute in the neighborhood over kids' ***** landing in the woman's yard.
Jester said Monday she has received many calls and didn't have time to discuss the matter any more.
Jester is to appear in court next month. The maximum penalty for a petty theft conviction in Ohio is six months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
Old 10/21/08, 07:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Ohio gets tough on crime!............Monday, October 20, 2008
BLUE ASH, Ohio - Police in Ohio say an 89-year-old woman was facing a charge of petty theft because neighborhood children accused her of refusing to give back their football. Edna Jester was arrested last week in the Cincinnati suburb of Blue Ash.
Police said one child's father complained that Jester kept the youngsters' ball after it landed in her yard. Police Capt. James Schaffer said there has been an ongoing dispute in the neighborhood over kids' ***** landing in the woman's yard.
Jester said Monday she has received many calls and didn't have time to discuss the matter any more.
Jester is to appear in court next month. The maximum penalty for a petty theft conviction in Ohio is six months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

Yeah they are really talking up this story today. But what they are not telling you is that these kids had been throwing their football in her yard for quite some time and pestering her on purpose. And she had warned them that she was going to keep the football. Now you know the rest of the story.

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 10/21/08 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10/21/08, 07:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yeah they are really talking up this story today. But what they are not telling you is that these kids had been throwing their football in her yard for quite some time and pestering him on purpose. And see had warned them that she was going to keep the football. Now you know the rest of the story.
Thank you Paul Harvey.... good day ! Is it true that rioting has broke out all over Ohio, by the Grey Panthers and blue hair ****'ins scheduled in Columbus ?

Last edited by blkstang06; 10/21/08 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10/21/08, 09:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah they are really talking up this story today. But what they are not telling you is that these kids had been throwing their football in her yard for quite some time and pestering her on purpose. And she had warned them that she was going to keep the football. Now you know the rest of the story.
she should have stabbed it like 75 times then gave it back lol
Old 10/21/08, 12:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 CHICAGO - The only "agent of change" Princess ever supported was the person who freshened the water in her fishbowl.
So election officials in Chicago's northern suburbs want to know why voter registration material was sent to the dead goldfish.
"I am just stunned at the level of people compromising the integrity of the voting process," said Lake County Clerk Willard Helander, a Republican, who said she has spotted problems with nearly 1,000 voter registrations this year.
Beth Nudelman, who owned the fish, said Princess may have landed on a mailing list because the family once filled in the pet's name when they got a second phone line for a computer.
"There was no fraud involved," said Nudelman, a Democrat who supports Barack Obama. "This person is a dead fish."
The paperwork sent to a "Princess Nudelman" likely came from the "Women's Voices, Women Vote" project, which sent nearly 1 million mailings to Illinois households in August using a list that mistakenly included some pets, said Sarah Johnson, a spokeswoman for the not-for-profit group that encourages single women to vote.
The mailing list, purchased from a vendor, included names from warranties, magazine subscriptions and other sources, Johnson said. The group attempted to screen out obvious pet names.
"Fido's not going to be left on there, but if a cat is named is Polly, she may be," Johnson said. Princess could be a person's name, she insisted. "I went to high school with two Princesses."
Nudelman said the only address on the registration card was the Lake County clerk's office. She said she wrote election officials a humorous note explaining why the fish was ineligible to vote.
The Illinois mailing generated 63,500 returned voter applications, Johnson said. Applicants were instructed to fill in a driver's license number or the last four digits of their Social Security number so election officials would be able to validate their identity.
"We obviously don't want to add more work for any election official," Johnson said. "At the end of the day, our goal is same as theirs: To give as many people as possible the chance to make voices heard in our democracy."
Steve Sturm, legal counsel for the Illinois State Board of Elections, said the mailing generated numerous complaints from residents throughout the state.
Lake County election officials contacted Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan's office Monday afternoon, said spokeswoman Robyn Ziegler. The sheriff's office and state's attorney's office were "already working on it," she said.
The McCain-Palin campaign has lately raised questions about the voter registration practices of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. ACORN is accused of submitting false registration forms for some of the voters it has registered. The FBI has joined nearly a dozen states in investigating.
Women's Voices has worked with ACORN in the past, but the August mailing "has nothing to do with" ACORN, Johnson said.

Old 10/21/08, 02:47 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Cool, Where do I registor my cats at????? They need to vote too!!!!
Old 10/21/08, 07:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=34660
quick draw
Old 10/21/08, 07:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Thats a fast gun.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread