Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/08, 07:12 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The garage door is already done, it only took them a few hours to tear down the old one, tracks and all, and put up all new. The car is now back inside and covered again, just waiting for its chance to go to the body shop, and also to Ford for a new fuel pump (hesitation after long cruise).
Old 2/27/08, 07:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by frdtch05gt
I'm thinking American Muscle GT4's with BFG G-force Super Sport in 255/45/18 all around. I don't want to go staggered sizes because I would like to be able to rotate my tires.

Hey Justin,
Just so you know you can do 275/40/18's on 18 X 9.5 rims all the way around with no issues at all. And you still can rotate your tires, That is what both Tom and I are running.
Scott
Old 2/27/08, 07:36 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I see Boyd Coddington passed away. He was the owned of the shop on american Hot Rod. Big time Hot Rod builder.
Old 2/27/08, 07:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by frdtch05gt
I'm thinking American Muscle GT4's with BFG G-force Super Sport in 255/45/18 all around. I don't want to go staggered sizes because I would like to be able to rotate my tires.
255/45/18's thats the size I'm running! ....Great size! don't forget to post some pics when you Get-R-Done.......
Old 2/27/08, 07:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hey! 70MOJOMACH1OWNER,....Whats the weather like down there in SW Ohigho .... Hows your one touch turny signals working' do they have the Alzheimer mode...you know turn themselves off so you don't drive 20 or 30 miles with them on.....
Old 2/27/08, 08:00 PM
Cobra Member

I'll stick with the 255/45's, tires aren't as expensive, more choices available.
Old 2/27/08, 08:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Note: Tacobill knows what oil filter to run on his Stang!...

As a side note, I did 2 things different this time around.

1. I used a gallon zip-lock bag to catch the oil as I unscrewed the oil filter, which by the way worked great!

2. I pre-filled the new oil filter around 1/2 way prior to installing it.
Old 2/27/08, 10:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
I HATE them....reminds me too much of the old MI plates...which I hated.....I thought I hated the old green ones....until this pile of crap came out...I'll stick to my special intrest plates.
IN plates suck compared to other state's plates. They feel like flimsy pieces of crap. My old WI plates were much thicker and the numbers/letters were embossed, which made reading them much much easier.
Old 2/27/08, 11:19 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Tom and Scott and anybody else

How well did your Fog lights fit into your Street Scene grill?? I got about 1 hour with 2 dremal tools (now dead and recharging) trying to get the fog lights to fit flush in their cups. I got 1 ok but I need to work some more on the other one in the morning. Also the screw in holes for the fogs were no wheres close but I finally got all 4 screws in both lights. I don't think I would recommend these to anybody.

And don't ask for pictures it's almost 1:20 am after a 13 hour shift at work.
Old 2/28/08, 04:16 AM
Cobra Member

Wow, that's pretty bad fitting if it takes all that work.
Old 2/28/08, 04:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Hey! 70MOJOMACH1OWNER,....Whats the weather like down there in SW Ohigho .... Hows your one touch turny signals working' do they have the Alzheimer mode...you know turn themselves off so you don't drive 20 or 30 miles with them on.....

Haven't got them installed yet. My Dad is moving this week and have been moving boxes and stuff in the evening for him. Besides there is a 2 foot snow drift behind the Stang and we have been 4X4ing this past week. Temps this morning was 7 deg with light winds. But something new is supposed to move in tonight and tomorrow with more snow. Uckkk!!!
Old 2/28/08, 04:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly

How well did your Fog lights fit into your Street Scene grill?? I got about 1 hour with 2 dremal tools (now dead and recharging) trying to get the fog lights to fit flush in their cups. I got 1 ok but I need to work some more on the other one in the morning. Also the screw in holes for the fogs were no wheres close but I finally got all 4 screws in both lights. I don't think I would recommend these to anybody.

I bought mine direct from Street Scenes and it fit perfect. No problems. I understand the part from the original mold made fit bad. Then the tooling was re-worked. Wonder if you got one of those first off parts??
Old 2/28/08, 05:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by dly

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
I bought mine direct from Street Scenes and it fit perfect. No problems. I understand the part from the original mold made fit bad. Then the tooling was re-worked. Wonder if you got one of those first off parts??

The grille we have is different than the one dly has. There have been several members over the years complain about the fit/quality of the grille that dly chose. My grille (like Scott's) fit perfectly, no problems at all.
Old 2/28/08, 06:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Mustang recall -

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=78181
Old 2/28/08, 06:21 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by dly

The SS grille I had fit like a glove but it was like Scott and Tom's......
Old 2/28/08, 06:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hey! Car show guy's, this is the best price I've seen on new Billet LCA's

by Category 1979-2004 MUSTANG 1982-1992 Camaro / Firebird 1993-2002 Camaro / Firebird 2005-2008 MUSTANG by Manufacturer F-BODY (camaro - firebird) Mustang

2005-Pres. Mustang Street Aluminum Billet Lower Control ArmsMustang - 2005-2008 MUSTANG#23862
Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

S197 Mustang Billet Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms
The control arm bushings found in the Mustang automobiles can have a significant impact on the vehicle’s ride, comfort, handling, acceleration, noise and vibration. When the car leans (i.e., rolls) in a turn, one side of the chassis moves upward relative to the rear axle, the other side moves downward, and the control arms must twist to allow for the axle to articulate. This causes the control arm bushings to bind. If this bind becomes excessive, it will raise the rear wheel rate and produce sudden, uncontrolled, undesirable changes in handling (e.g., snap oversteer).
Ford minimizes this suspension bind by using compliant rubber bushings in both lower control arms. These relatively "soft" bushings help accommodate the necessary motion of the control arms during body roll. However, the rubber bushings do not provide much in the way of forward and aft support, which can cause wheel hop during hard acceleration and braking.
It has become common practice to replace the stock rubber control arm bushings with solid or two piece polyurethane bushings to resolve the shortcomings of the soft rubber bushings. Hard polyurethane bushings eliminate wheel hop, reduce axle deflection, and improve rear straight line grip. However, the downside of common aftermarket bushings such as delrin, steel, stiffer rubber, solid or two piece polyurethane bushings is they prevent the necessary movement of the control arms during body roll, which in turn produces significant binding in the suspension when the vehicle is cornering. The polyurethane bushings also place unnecessary high stresses on the torque boxes, which are the attachment points for the control arms to the chassis. Standard aftermarket control arms do not allow for rotation of the control arm during cornering because of the stiffness of the bushings.
The Solution:
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']J&M Products designed and built a Billet Aluminum lower control arm which will eliminate the unwanted uncontrolled control arm flex. Machined using 6061-T6511 grade aluminum which is heat treated and stress relieved for superior strength. We also designed the control arm to have generous radiuses on all the critical edges to eliminate unwanted stress risers along with no machined windows which will make the arm weaker.
[/FONT]J&M Products then designed the first offset lower control arm and solved the shortcomings of the factory rubber and other aftermarket polyurethane and stiffer rubber bushings. J&M Products accomplished this with their Patent Pending 3 piece Poly-Ball bushing combination. By spending countless hours looking and dissecting the geometry and the need of the rear suspension they have come out with bind-free bushings set up. J&M Products incorporates a very hard inner polyurethane ball which is surrounded by soft socket outer cups. This combination allows the bushing to articulate like a spherical bearing during cornering but the hard inner ball does not allow the bushing to deflect during acceleration giving you great traction during acceleration like solid bushings but remains completely bind free during cornering for great predictable traction in the corners.
Only $218.52!!
Qty: Home | About Us | Products | Specials | Links
Old 2/28/08, 06:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
The grille we have is different than the one dly has. There have been several members over the years complain about the fit/quality of the grille that dly chose. My grille (like Scott's) fit perfectly, no problems at all.

What brand did Darrell get? I didn't realize there was another one out there.
Old 2/28/08, 06:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
What brand did Darrell get? I didn't realize there was another one out there.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...postcount=2495
Old 2/28/08, 06:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Scott, post 2495# has a pic of it!
Old 2/28/08, 06:51 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Scott, post 2495# has a pic of it!

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread