Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/08, 07:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
I tried....but it was a "company policy violation" to go there....hope I dont get busted...

Just tell them you were thirsty Cady...I mean Cody!
Old 2/21/08, 08:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep!..Thats two Puppies playing under a wet blanket...........
Old 2/21/08, 09:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

op Fuel's most successful drivers, Joe Amato wasn't the flashiest driver in the pits and he was seldom outspoken or controversial, but he did have an uoops!nopoocanny knack for finding the winner's circle. From his early days in the Pro Comp class through his record five NHRA Winston Top Fuel championships, the affable and popular Pennsylvania businessman seemingly won at will. In addition to his five Winston titles, Amato's résumé includes 52 victories in Top Fuel and another five behind the wheel of an alcohol-fueled dragster. A longtime fan favorite due to his easygoing nature and willingness to interact with the public, Amato competed in 99 final rounds in Top Fuel and won the Budweiser Shootout at Pomona a record six times. He finished in the to

Top 50 NHRA Drivers: No. 9 Jo

Top 50 NHRA Drivers: No. 9 Joe Amato :
During his two decades as one of Top Fuel's most successful drivers, Joe Amato wasn't the flashiest driver in the pits and he was seldom outspoken or controversial, but he did have an uncanny knack for finding the winner's circle. From his early days in the Pro Comp class through his record five NHRA Winston Top Fuel championships, the affable and popular Pennsylvania businessman seemingly won at will. In addition to his five Winston titles, Amato's résumé includes 52 victories in Top Fuel and another five behind the wheel of an alcohol-fueled dragster. A longtime fan favorite due to his easygoing nature and willingness to interact with the public, Amato competed in 99 final rounds in Top Fuel and won the Budweiser Shootout at Pomona a record six times. He finished in the top 10 an incredible 19 straight years, from 1982 through his sudden retirement at the end of the 2000 campaign.
Amato's success on the dragstrip was paralleled by his achievements in the boardroom. As president of Keystone Automotive Warehouse, he became one of the world's largest distributors of high-performance automotive parts and accessories and was able to parlay that status into a number of successful long-term sponsorships. As a result, his racing efforts were never underfinanced.
As were many of the sport's stars, Amato was introduced to drag racing at an early age. He recalled the events that led him to his first event: "When I was 11, my father sold his deli and opened an auto parts store. Some of the guys who worked for my father would race on weekends, and they would take me with them to the track. I've been hooked on racing ever since. "My first car was a '53 Ford. I fiddled with the distributor and worked on the carburetor until the tach would go to 5,000 rpm, a thousand more than when I started."
Five years after his father opened the auto parts store, Amato was faced with a monumental decision, one that would shape both his life and his career. His father was forced to quit working after undergoing open-heart surgery, and several of his employees left the company. At just 16, Amato chose to quit school to run the family business. His father never fully recovered and died four years later, leaving Amato to manage an expanding business that had grown to five stores specializing in speed accessories.
Despite the heavy workload, Amato found time to race, and he soon realized that the more successful he was in racing, the more prosperous his business became. He campaigned a series of moderately successful Alcohol Funny Cars before switching to an Alcohol Dragster in 1979 and scoring his first NHRA national event victory, in Pro Comp at the Gatornationals in Florida. He scored again at the 1980 Le Grandnational-Molson in Canada, and in 1981, Amato enjoyed a breakthrough season, winning three national events.
Buoyed by his success, Amato made the leap to Top Fuel in 1982. He did not reach a final round in his rookie season, but he did manage a respectable sixth-place finish in the points standings. A year later, he won three times and challenged Gary Beck for the Winston title.
At the 1984 Gatornationals, Amato and longtime crew chief Tim Richards debuted a new chassis design that featured a number of major changes, the most obvious of which was a rear wing that was mounted higher and farther back from previous designs. With that car, Amato became the first Top Fuel driver to eclipse the 260-mph mark. He also won three races during the season and captured his first Winston title.
Click Here for the rest of the story

e Amato :

During his two decades as one of Top Fuel's most successful drivers, Joe Amato wasn't the flashiest driver in the pits and he was seldom outspoken or controversial, but he did have an uncanny knack for finding the winner's circle. From his early days in the Pro Comp class through his record five NHRA Winston Top Fuel championships, the affable and popular Pennsylvania businessman seemingly won at will. In addition to his five Winston titles, Amato's résumé includes 52 victories in Top Fuel and another five behind the wheel of an alcohol-fueled dragster. A longtime fan favorite due to his easygoing nature and willingness to interact with the public, Amato competed in 99 final rounds in Top Fuel and won the Budweiser Shootout at Pomona a record six times. He finished in the top 10 an incredible 19 straight years, from 1982 through his sudden retirement at the end of the 2000 campaign.
Amato's success on the dragstrip was paralleled by his achievements in the boardroom. As president of Keystone Automotive Warehouse, he became one of the world's largest distributors of high-performance automotive parts and accessories and was able to parlay that status into a number of successful long-term sponsorships. As a result, his racing efforts were never underfinanced.
As were many of the sport's stars, Amato was introduced to drag racing at an early age. He recalled the events that led him to his first event: "When I was 11, my father sold his deli and opened an auto parts store. Some of the guys who worked for my father would race on weekends, and they would take me with them to the track. I've been hooked on racing ever since. "My first car was a '53 Ford. I fiddled with the distributor and worked on the carburetor until the tach would go to 5,000 rpm, a thousand more than when I started."
Five years after his father opened the auto parts store, Amato was faced with a monumental decision, one that would shape both his life and his career. His father was forced to quit working after undergoing open-heart surgery, and several of his employees left the company. At just 16, Amato chose to quit school to run the family business. His father never fully recovered and died four years later, leaving Amato to manage an expanding business that had grown to five stores specializing in speed accessories.
Despite the heavy workload, Amato found time to race, and he soon realized that the more successful he was in racing, the more prosperous his business became. He campaigned a series of moderately successful Alcohol Funny Cars before switching to an Alcohol Dragster in 1979 and scoring his first NHRA national event victory, in Pro Comp at the Gatornationals in Florida. He scored again at the 1980 Le Grandnational-Molson in Canada, and in 1981, Amato enjoyed a breakthrough season, winning three national events.
Buoyed by his success, Amato made the leap to Top Fuel in 1982. He did not reach a final round in his rookie season, but he did manage a respectable sixth-place finish in the points standings. A year later, he won three times and challenged Gary Beck for the Winston title.
At the 1984 Gatornationals, Amato and longtime crew chief Tim Richards debuted a new chassis design that featured a number of major changes, the most obvious of which was a rear wing that was mounted higher and farther back from previous designs. With that car, Amato became the first Top Fuel driver to eclipse the 260-mph mark. He also won three races during the season and captured his first Winston title.

p 10 an incredible 19 straight years, from 1982 through his sudden retirement at the end of the 2000 campaign.

Old 2/21/08, 10:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

After my rear LCA's and shaft these baby's
GENUINE STEEDA
PART NUMBER 555-4006

Ford uses a hydraulic rubber bushing on the rear attachment point of the front control arm in the 2005 Mustang. This "hydra" bushing is a fluid-filled bushing that is designed for smoothing out bumps and providing a smooth feel to the road. But performance oriented drivers need more accurate road feel during cornering and that is what the Steeda Control Arm Bushing Insert provides. Included are two different durometer inserts to suit all drivers needs.

The "Red Standard Durometer" bushings will provide slightly better feel over stock while keeping a factory quiet ride. Use the "Black Harder Durometer" for even more suspension compliance and even more precise handling, however there will be a slight increase in noise and harshness from this bushing. Simple installation takes less than an hour to complete.

Old 2/22/08, 04:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

This weather sucks!! Where did global warming go this year??
Old 2/22/08, 04:53 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER

Man it's 80 here on the beach by the Ocean. It's all in the mind and the drugs you take!!!!!
Old 2/22/08, 06:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
Man it's 80 here on the beach by the Ocean. It's all in the mind and the drugs you take!!!!!
I definitely am not taking the proper drugs than. We had 3 more inches of snow last night and now freezinf rain. Than we are suppose to get 2 more inches of snow tonight. Blaaaaa!
Old 2/22/08, 06:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
op Fuel's most successful drivers, Joe Amato wasn't the flashiest driver in the pits and he was seldom outspoken or controversial, but he did have an uoops!nopoocanny knack for finding the winner's circle. From his early days in the Pro Comp class through his record five NHRA Winston Top Fuel championships, the affable and popular Pennsylvania businessman seemingly won at will. In addition to his five Winston titles, Amato's résumé includes 52 victories in Top Fuel and another five behind the wheel of an alcohol-fueled dragster. A longtime fan favorite due to his easygoing nature and willingness to interact with the public, Amato competed in 99 final rounds in Top Fuel and won the Budweiser Shootout at Pomona a record six times. He finished in the to

Top 50 NHRA Drivers: No. 9 Jo

Top 50 NHRA Drivers: No. 9 Joe Amato :
Click Here for the rest of the story

e Amato :

p 10 an incredible 19 straight years, from 1982 through his sudden retirement at the end of the 2000 campaign.

good postin
Old 2/22/08, 06:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I thought it was pretty cool how the blob of water stayed in one mass in mid air after the balloon broke.
Old 2/22/08, 06:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

morning Yo's finaly friday
Old 2/22/08, 07:03 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

I definitely am not taking the proper drugs than. We had 3 more inches of snow last night and now freezinf rain. Than we are suppose to get 2 more inches of snow tonight. Blaaaaa!

We have to watch that Lake effect snow. It snowed at work Wednesday all day and everybody coming in from the West say they got up to 14" of snow. When I got home I had nothing on the driveway. that's judt the way the lake effect snow hits.
Old 2/22/08, 07:07 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

MMMM I got 15' of black welt and 15' of light Grey welt yesterday. Monday my new grill should be here and some things from Moss Mustangs that I ordered. Need to start working on my projects to get ready for the car show at the end of next month.
Old 2/22/08, 08:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dly
MMMM I got 15' of black welt and 15' of light Grey welt yesterday. Monday my new grill should be here and some things from Moss Mustangs that I ordered. Need to start working on my projects to get ready for the car show at the end of next month.
Where did you get the welt stuff from? I'd like to do silver tinsel on my doors to match the aluminum trim on the dash.

Tuesday might be a mod install day for me, I should be able to warm up the garage with my portable heater and do a few things. If only my paint guy would hurry up and be ready to paint my CS bumpers, that's the one I really want to get done soon.
Old 2/22/08, 09:08 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
good morning...I'm cold.
Old 2/22/08, 09:31 AM
Cobra Member

It's a balmy 25 degrees here right now, getting a little better. Supposedly it'll be mid-thirties by next week. Come on spring, we need some nicer weather!
Old 2/22/08, 09:33 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
good postin
Special glasses required to read...
Old 2/22/08, 09:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

We've had more snow here! than in the last five years..more tonight!....Wheres Al Gore when you need him!..
Old 2/22/08, 10:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
This snow is all George Bush's fault.
Old 2/22/08, 10:52 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
This snow is all George Bush's fault.
.. Yep! Alfed E Numan strikes again....
Old 2/22/08, 11:29 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by frdtch05gt
Where did you get the welt stuff from? I'd like to do silver tinsel on my doors to match the aluminum trim on the dash.

Tuesday might be a mod install day for me, I should be able to warm up the garage with my portable heater and do a few things. If only my paint guy would hurry up and be ready to paint my CS bumpers, that's the one I really want to get done soon.

Get it here
https://secure.bcentralhost.com/mrmi...trimbright.htm

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread