Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/08, 07:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
only you would find and post that here..... btw you got the 2000th post in this thread!
Old 2/11/08, 07:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
only you would find and post that here..... btw you got the 2000th post in this thread!
I knew that baby would get your attention! Its going to be brenspeeds biggest seller!!...
Old 2/12/08, 02:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Fake Turbo Sound Simulator Brand: Details: It's finally here...The non-turbo blowoff valve!!! This kit includes everything you need to get that popular blowoff sound that turbo cars give off on every shift. Save yourself $4000 from turbocharging your car just for the sound. All the hardware in the picture is included with the kit. For the price you pay, you really can't go wrong.

The SUNAMI will simulate the “psssst” noise generated from the blow off valve of a turbo-equipped vehicle. The SUNAMI comes complete with all hardware, which includes a manual push button trigger mechanism as well as a vacuum switch trigger mechanism. After setting a trigger boost level through an adjustable setscrew on the vacuum pressure switch, every time you reach the set boost level, the SUNAMI will simulate the "psssst” noise generated from the blow off valve of a turbo vehicle. An additional override button also allows you to trigger the SUNAMI anytime.
Click below to hear the sound!

1. How loud is the SUNAMI?
The SUNAMI is as loud as it should be to simulate the closest sound of a blow off valve. The SUNAMI comes with a volume control ****, which may be used to set the volume to your desired level. The factory setting is at the highest volume and is ideal for all applications. Remember, you don’t want the volume level to be too high. If we recorder the sound onto the memory chip at a higher volume, you will experience a bit of distortion as well as an unrealistic image. After installation, ask a friend to drive the SUNAMI equipped vehicle, while you are standing on the side of the road. By doing so, you will know exactly what your vehicle sounds like to the outside world.
2. How long does it take to install the SUNAMI?
It will take an average of 45 minutes to install the SUNAMI. The wiring is very simple because there are only two wires which need to be connected to the vehicle – the red, positive, wire and the black, negative, wire. The rest of the time is spent on running two pairs of wires through the firewall and into the engine compartment. One pair will be connected to the sirens and the other pair will be connected to the vacuum pressure switch.
3. How does the SUNAMI trigger the blow off valve sound?
The SUNAMI may be triggered either manually or automatically. The override push button, which is installed inside the vehicle, will the trigger the blow off valve sound every time it is pressed. You may trigger the sound once every five seconds, however. In another words, you cannot trigger the blow off valve sound twice within five seconds with the manual override pushbutton. The SUNAMI may also be triggered automatically with the supplied vacuum pressure switch. This switch is highly sophisticated and made with precision. Once the vacuum switch is tuned exactly to your liking, the SUNAMI will trigger the blow off valve sound every time you reach the set boost level and slightly lift your foot off the gas pedal; just like a real turbo equipped vehicle. After installing the vacuum pressure switch, you must “learn” the characteristics of your individual vehicle, and “feel” the moment you would like to trigger the SUNAMI.
4. Will the SUNAMI work on any vehicle?
Yes, the SUNAMI will fit any vehicle equipped with vacuum hoses. Almost every single vehicle has multiple vacuum lines.
Installation: Push/Pull On/Off switch
Override push button to trigger SUNAMI anytime
Vacuum pressure switch to trigger
SUNAMI at a set boost level.
5” x 2 1/5” x 1 ½” ABS plastic brain housing
2 durable 12-volt high output speakers for maximum volume and clarity
EZ six wire installation guide Part #: YHC-18358-192Shipping Cost: $29.99Shipping Info: Ships by UPS 6-9 days for delivery.Listing Price: $599.99Selling Price: $499.99 Hey! 70MACH1OWNER Heres you next mod!...

Oh Boy...I have seen it all now. One day I could sound like I had a turbo and the next day a top fuel dragster!
Old 2/12/08, 07:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Oh Boy...I have seen it all now. One day I could sound like I had a turbo and the next day a top fuel dragster!
I know I couldn't believe it when I first seen, I cant believe anybody would pay 500.00 bucks for it!.......Just think of all the money tommygun281 could have saved with this!
Old 2/12/08, 08:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I thought I'd just give a quick update since it's been over a week since I dropped the car off.....

The Saleen blower is installed.....it currently has a 3.2 pulley (~11 psi). The upgraded heat exchanger is installed, as well as the Saleen Extreme inlet pipe and Steeda cai. The GT500 fuel system is going in tomorrow; with the added fuel pressure Dave was concerned about the tap that I made into the fuel rail crossover hose for my fuel pressure sender unit, so he installed a new set of factory fuel rails and crossover tube. Onto the new rails he is going to install a Steeda fuel pressure gauge adaptor, so it should be a clean look.

The install should be complete tomorrow, and then tuning begins on the dyno. We are swapping my hood and modified shaker setup for a '07 factory hood, since the blower and CDC shaker won't work- Dave confirmed this today. So I'll have my choice of add-on scoop or maybe a replacement hood this spring.

We want a daily report on your progress. What kind of snow did you guys get up your way in the past 24 hrs? We only got about 1 inch over night instead of the 3-5 predicted. Looks like most of the really nasty stuff moved south of us down here. I know this weather pattern is making me nervous about the 3 1/2 hr. drive on Thursday night.
Old 2/12/08, 08:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

We got probably around 3". Supposed to get 3" to 5" more here today but I don't think it's happening.

I would hope the car will be done today, but I can't get up there this week until Friday morning at the earliest. Way it's looking right now, is Kim & I will drop the kids off at school on Friday and then she'll drive me to Brenspeed. I should get there around 9:30. Then she'll probably leave and I'll hang out for a while, then drive the car home.

The first drive home with the new blower and snow on the ground should be interesting with stock Pirellis on there and 4.10 gears.
Old 2/12/08, 09:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

We got probably around 3". Supposed to get 3" to 5" more here today but I don't think it's happening.

I would hope the car will be done today, but I can't get up there this week until Friday morning at the earliest. Way it's looking right now, is Kim & I will drop the kids off at school on Friday and then she'll drive me to Brenspeed. I should get there around 9:30. Then she'll probably leave and I'll hang out for a while, then drive the car home.

The first drive home with the new blower and snow on the ground should be interesting with stock Pirellis on there and 4.10 gears.

Heck by 9:30 Ben, Larry and myself should have her well broken in for you. Oh...stop all that snow talk please. No bad karma.
Old 2/12/08, 09:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the possibility of a little snow I would rather have my stock pirelli's than the Nitto's on my car. My stockers are on my son's car.
Old 2/12/08, 11:14 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
May I suggest this:
http://www.uhaul.com/guide/index.asp...-autotransport

Attachment 39282

50 bucks per day
Attached Images  
Old 2/12/08, 11:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Here quite your whining! problem solved

click picture for detail
CABLE TIRE CHAIN
Select Your Tire Size Below

Cable tire chains are an economical traction aide. All steel construction with tough carbon steel spring rollers. Low profile ensures a smooth, quiet ride. SAE CLASS "S"for vehicles with restricted wheel clearance. Weighs up to 50% less than diamond chains. For easier installation of cable chains see our cable chain installation helper .
Click here for installation instructions.
Old 2/12/08, 12:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

snowing like a SOB here right now......
Old 2/12/08, 12:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

snowing like a SOB here right now......

I think I'd rather have the snow..maybe..been freezing rain down here for 3-4 hours.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local...from=whatwhere
Old 2/12/08, 01:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I think I'd rather have the snow..maybe..been freezing rain down here for 3-4 hours.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/45344?lswe=45344&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&from= whatwhere

Still Animate Small Small Loop Advanced Radars For Your Phone For Your Site
So Scott, whats your contingency plan? ...What kind of time delay on a install reschedule?.......
Old 2/12/08, 01:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Shoot at this rate, he'll be rescheduling because my car isn't finished yet.... Let alone weather reasons.......

Old 2/12/08, 01:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Shoot at this rate, he'll be rescheduling because my car isn't finished yet.... Let alone weather reasons.......

Speaking of your car bro!... have you seen it since the install started?... because I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME PICS...and since Brent and yourself are so tight! see if he would sell some of his promo decals separately I would dig the brenspeed.com rear window decal, the windshield decal is to much for old men we need all the visibility we can get!....
Old 2/12/08, 02:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Larry,
Here is what Ryan's (Cali HP Addict's) car sounded like with the Magnaflows installed after his GTA's I know it is just sitting at his garage but what do you think of the difference?
Scott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFxl7...eature=related
Scott,
Definatly a deeper sound IMO, seems like the raspy tone is gone. Hard to tell until you hear in person.
How about you buy the Magnaflows & put them on yours & let me hear how they sound in person
Then I'll decide

Seriously,does sound good in the clip.

Messy here today,gonna be bad as soon as it freezes again.Hows it down your way?

Also, I'll just be leaving here very early Fri morning to head to Brenspeed's. Will catch up with you there Friday.
Old 2/12/08, 02:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Still Animate Small Small Loop Advanced Radars For Your Phone For Your Site
So Scott, whats your contingency plan? ...What kind of time delay on a install reschedule?.......

Okay Guys (both of you) I will make you a bet...I bet I see Brent White before either one of you do. One of you won't drive his car if it is below 32 degrees because he has some kind of Fuc!ed up tire on it and the other one has to have his wife drive him up on Friday morning. And has already made it sound like he won't be able to handle his new found power with 4:10 gears on the way home. I won't mention any names here. I will be there. I may not get home on Friday but I will get my cams installed on Friday. Any takers???
Old 2/12/08, 03:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Scott,
Definatly a deeper sound IMO, seems like the raspy tone is gone. Hard to tell until you hear in person.
How about you buy the Magnaflows & put them on yours & let me hear how they sound in person
Then I'll decide

Seriously,does sound good in the clip.

Messy here today,gonna be bad as soon as it freezes again.Hows it down your way?

Also, I'll just be leaving here very early Fri morning to head to Brenspeed's. Will catch up with you there Friday.

Hi Larry,
At this minute I think it just raining. Temps are up to 35 now. But like you said it will get nasty again tonight when it freezes again. I am going to talk mufflers with Brent on Friday since he has heard them all. Unless he tells me something bad about the Mags I am going to pick up a set while I am there. I really believe it will take a fully chambered muffler to get rid of the raw and raspy sound we now have. We can meet up some where down here so you can hear them in person. Tom did it with his Borla's but just used resonators to accomplish the same thing IMO. I still have your cell # from the last trip we made together. You need me you give you a wake up call about 2 am so you can get there on time?
Scott
Old 2/12/08, 03:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Scott,
Won't need a wake-up call. Been working odd hours most if not all my career.

Did remember one thing though, you may want to check around & see if others mention any drone with the magnaflows. Seems to me they had some as well.

Looking forward to taking Tom's ride out with that new Saleen installed
Old 2/12/08, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have some of the worst roads I've seen in years over here. Little to snow last, freezing rain just about all day here

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread