Old 11/5/07, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hahahaha
Old 11/5/07, 12:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 775 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Has anyone had to have TSB 06-09-113 (Valve Lash Adjuster) performed on their Stang!.....I think my motor is " ra ta tat tatn' " to much, goes in Thursday to get checked out!
not I! Has it been running funny or is it just making to much noise?
Old 11/5/07, 02:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Glenn
no I! Has it been running funny or is it just making to much noise?
No it seems to running fine! I've know these 3's are known for noise! no real difference that I can tell since purchased it ! I just can't believe these motors should sound so junky........
Old 11/5/07, 03:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
No it seems to running fine! I've know these 3's are known for noise! no real difference that I can tell since purchased it ! I just can't believe these motors should sound so junky........

My engine ticks like a SOB which you can hear in combination of both valves/cams and fuel injectors. With my Cobra 39lb injectors, the noise is even louder.

Hey STD, try unplugging your injectors to see if the noise goes away........

LOL!
Old 11/5/07, 04:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OKAY my Midwest Buddies
I want to ask for your "honest" opinions about a possible mod. Thanks to a suggestion from Tom281's wife (Kim) at Stangstock 07 my wife (Karen) has had me checking into possibly adding stripes to my car. Both Kim and Karen thought my car would look good with stripes that matched to parchment (tan) color of the top. While I have to admit I would like stripes on my car I do not like the colors most people put on a white stang. That is red or blue. Yuk!!!!!! So I have contacted both Bob White decals and Baltimore Street Mods and have had 2 samples mailed to me. One is a tan that is supposed to match the top color. NOT!! The other is a gloss gold. My wife thinks she would like the gloss gold. I also think that out of the 2 choices the gold would look the best. All I am looking for is honest opinions. Yes...No...or Leave it alone!! Attached are a picture of my car and the samples sent. Please give an honest opinion. You will not hurt my feeling. I am truely on the fence about this mod.
Scott
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-stangs2.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-stripes-1.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-stripes-2.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-stripes-3.jpg  
Old 11/5/07, 05:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
My engine ticks like a SOB which you can hear in combination of both valves/cams and fuel injectors. With my Cobra 39lb injectors, the noise is even louder.

Hey STD, try unplugging your injectors to see if the noise goes away........

LOL!
Well Tom, not that I glad your motor sounds like poo too! I do feel a little better, in the fact that I know brenspeeds been all over your motor with your your charger install and all the dyno time you have in it!! I'm sure Brent and the guys would have brought any of these possible issues to your attention! I really just want to get this TSB checked out before I put the delete plates on! I really don't feel like watching the Ford service tech's laughing their posteriors off at me when I'm trying to get a warranty claim!!....Plus this isn't the dealership I purchased the car at! I'm not to well liked at the dealership where I purchased it! I had a flaw in the driver seat leather when I got it in! They put a new seat cover on it and it looked as bad as 70MACH1OWNER in the morning!! I kinda lost my cool and told the sales manager I would stomp his head flat if I didn't get a new seat! I got the new seat!! but no one seems to want to talk to me when I go there anymore....
Old 11/5/07, 05:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
OKAY my Midwest Buddies
I want to ask for your "honest" opinions about a possible mod. Thanks to a suggestion from Tom281's wife (Kim) at Stangstock 07 my wife (Karen) has had me checking into possibly added stripes to my car. Both Kim and Karen thought my car would look good with stripes that matched to parchment (tan) color of the top. While I have to admit I would like stripes on my car I do not like the colors most people put on a white stang. That is red or blue. Yuk!!!!!! So I have contacted both Bob White decals and Baltimore Street Mods and have had 2 samples mailed to me. One is a tan that is supposed to match the top color. NOT!! The other is a gloss gold. My wife thinks she would like the gloss gold. I also think that out of the 2 choices the gold would look the best. All I am looking for is honest opinions. Yes...No...or Leave it alone!! Attached are a picture of my car and the samples sent. Please give an honest opinion. You will not hurt my feeling. I am truely on the fence about this mod.
Scott
Gee! Scott, I think that Gold leaf look would look good on your Stang !!.......
Old 11/5/07, 05:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

it looked as bad as 70MACH1OWNER in the morning!!

I think I should be offended by this statment but...well...If you keep picking on me you are leaving some other poor smuck alone.
Old 11/5/07, 05:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

it looked as bad as 70MACH1OWNER in the morning!!

I think I should be offended by this statment but...well...If you keep picking on me you are leaving some other poor smuck alone.
Scott, I only tease people I like.... Please don't take any joking I do to heart! I know I give you and topgun a hard time but I really do have great admiration for both of you!! Plus we may meet someday and I don't want you to beat me up!......
Old 11/5/07, 05:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott, I only tease people I like.... Please don't take any joking I do to heart! I know I give you and topgun a hard time but I really do have great admiration for both of you!! Plus we may meet someday and I don't want you to beat me up!......
Don't worry Scottie. I am a thick skinned old coot that has been toughin up for 32 years by rednecks and briars in the shops I have worked in. I don't want to beat you up. But I would like to meet you some day...but you have to show up some time!!!
Old 11/5/07, 05:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Don't worry Scottie. I am a thick skinned old coot that has been toughin up for 32 years by rednecks and briars in the shops I have worked in. I don't want to beat you up. But I would like to meet you some day...but you have to show up some time!!!
Scott, I've been thinking about stripes too! but I'm waiting for my CDC chin spoiler it should be in this week painted and ready to go! I kinda like this lay out with the pin stripe accent....only in a metallic silver !
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-roush_6_inch-.jpg  
Old 11/5/07, 05:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Scott, I've been thinking about stripes too! but I'm waiting for my CDC chin spoiler it should be in this week painted and ready to go! I kinda like this lay out with the pin stripe accent....only in a metallic silver !

If I decide to do the stripes I would also do the 1/4 inch pin stripe along the side. My problem is I have looked high and low on the Inet for a white stang with stripes. I have found them with black,blue and red stripes. None of I like. I like the gold the best but I am just looking for opinions. Any of you guys good enough on the computer to crop gold stripes on my stang?
Old 11/5/07, 06:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OKAY my Midwest Buddies
I want to ask for your "honest" opinions about a possible mod. Thanks to a suggestion from Tom281's wife (Kim) at Stangstock 07 my wife (Karen) has had me checking into possibly adding stripes to my car. Both Kim and Karen thought my car would look good........
Scott
Better watch out when you get K&K together again..... jeez louize.....

Have you looked at pix here? http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=48348

The other poor schmuk is usually me.... Carry on!

.........but you have to show up some time!!!

If I decide to do the stripes I would also do the 1/4 inch pin stripe along the side. My problem is I have looked high and low on the Inet for a white stang with stripes. I have found them with black,blue and red stripes. None of I like. I like the gold the best but I am just looking for opinions. Any of you guys good enough on the computer to crop gold stripes on my stang?

IF you're gonna stripe it, pinstripes are mandatory IMO. I love my pinstripes and have contemplated striping the inside of the main stripes too (instead of just the outside) but I think it would look to GM-like compared to just having them on the outside.

There is a white stang with detailed pix of gold stripes in the Excel sheet that is in the link I mentioned above.
Old 11/5/07, 06:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well Tom, not that I glad your motor sounds like poo too! I do feel a little better, in the fact that I know brenspeeds been all over your motor with your your charger install and all the dyno time you have in it!! I'm sure Brent and the guys would have brought any of these possible issues to your attention!
Yep, I'm sure too...... My Mach 1 was noisy as hell too and I just think its a by-product of these modular engines.

Gee! Scott, I think that Gold leaf look would look good on your Stang !!.......
"Gold Leaf"........? Is that another old person's thing or a new color of crayon?

I know I give you and topgun a hard time.......
Nah, really?

CDC spoiler will totally change the look of your car....... good choice!!! Silver, gold, or red stripes look great on black IMO!
Old 11/5/07, 06:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Scott,
Was going to suggest ponybuilder.com
but see that they don't offer stripes on the site anymore, bummer.
The gold does look good, if you're going to stripe it, that would be the way to go. It would set it off differently.
Verts are more difficult to stripe than the coupes. It should tie in with your roof to some degree IMO.

Oh & welcome back. Glad to hear you & Karen had a nice mini-vacation!
Old 11/5/07, 06:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yep, I'm sure too...... My Mach 1 was noisy as hell too and I just think its a by-product of these modular engines.

"Gold Leaf"........? Is that another old person's thing or a new color of crayon?

Nah, really?

CDC spoiler will totally change the look of your car....... good choice!!! Silver, gold, or red stripes look great on black IMO!
Thanks Tom, I also have CDC silver billet grille on the way fog light delete ! no more fog lights. The SS center fog grille heads to my used parts pile!! Man I really need to start selling some of this stuff piling up!!...
Old 11/5/07, 07:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Tom, I also have CDC silver billet grille on the way fog light delete ! no more fog lights. The SS center fog grille heads to my used parts pile!! Man I really need to start selling some of this stuff piling up!!...

That's a great grille....... I've wanted to do the Cervini's with the center fogs but at ~$500, that's longtubes or alum driveshaft or drag slicks or new hood territory......

https://cervinis.com/large.aspx?img=1166,7019_820.jpg
Old 11/5/07, 07:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Better watch out when you get K&K together again..... jeez louize.....

Have you looked at pix here? http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=48348

The other poor schmuk is usually me.... Carry on!

IF you're gonna stripe it, pinstripes are mandatory IMO. I love my pinstripes and have contemplated striping the inside of the main stripes too (instead of just the outside) but I think it would look to GM-like compared to just having them on the outside.

There is a white stang with detailed pix of gold stripes in the Excel sheet that is in the link I mentioned above.

Hey Tom,
Yes.. I did acually looked at this spreadsheet last week. Where do you see a white stang with gold stripes? I just looked again and I don't see any. What number is it along the left side? Duh...
Hey Larry.
The girls (K&K) thought the stripes needed to match the top and interior to look okay. The color from Bob White that was supposed to match the top doesn't at all. In fact it kind of looks dirty in color when you hold it. I guess the good thing about vinyl is it comes off easy enough if you don't like it. After all I spent alot more on the search for the perfect muffler that I never really found.
Scott
Old 11/5/07, 07:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Scott ( 70MACH1OWNER ) Did you check Martha Stewart's web site, I think she my have some nice Fall floral arrangements for your back seat, that will match your Gold leaf stripes!!.... On a different subject I'm really diggin' this.....
Attached Images  
Old 11/5/07, 07:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Don't sell those parts Scottie. I just hope you change your underwear as often and you change springs and grills!! Geeez...

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread