Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/07, 05:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
My hearing is about the only thing that still works..... well almost! I tell you one thing I hear and thats cricket's on delete plate install, in South West Ohio... Whats the matter you going to get Topgun to come down and install them for you!.... What! you need a cheater bar for that mod too!!....

Maybe I was wrong about the hearing aid thingy. You must need glasses. As I said a few posts back "I DON"T HAVE A TUNE YET" Can you see that? What would you like me to do. Put them on and sit in the garage and make vroom...vroom noises?
Old 10/31/07, 05:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

S-a-l-e-e-n

Hey Ben,
If old Scottie here is right then you will be needing to sell that 75 horse shot of NO2 won't ya. If he is correct.......CONGRATS!
Old 10/31/07, 06:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Maybe I was wrong about the hearing aid thingy. You must need glasses. As I said a few posts back "I DON"T HAVE A TUNE YET" Can you see that? What would you like me to do. Put them on and sit in the garage and make vroom...vroom noises?
Turn the radio on till your tuner gets in !!... Here Grump I did the leg work for you!!.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MUSTANG-ROUS...QQcmdZViewItem These are supposed to work with the factory dampers
Old 10/31/07, 07:26 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Ah, offroad H with Stingers. You shoulda took my car for a drive, I've got the same but with the resonators. Congrats.

Tom do the resonators help?
Old 10/31/07, 07:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by sjenkins49

Well, I added the resonators because the Stingers with the offroad H would "trumpet" or resonate at around 2500 rpm. I don't mean drone, but a definite resonation that sounded kinda funky and I didn't like it. It was enough to drive me to put in resonators; I drove for a long time without the 'nators and I know people that have too, but eventually it got to me so I had them installed.

They took away that trumpeting, and really knocked down the drone. The system sounds deeper with them, however not quite as loud and aggressive. It's still pretty loud, but not quite as much.

Maybe get 70MACH1OWNER's take on them, he's heard my car quite a few times now.
Old 10/31/07, 07:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well $1000 later and I finally have the exhaust sound I was looking for. Some of you heard my car with the O/R h pipe and the GTA's. I thought it sounded kind of raspy. I replaced the GTA's with Borla Stingers and now love the sound. And yes the Stingers drone. If it drives me crazy I may try the resonators. I will probably be selling the GTA's.
Steve,
I thought your sound clips with the O/R H & GTA's sounded good, although in person I'll agree with you, thought it had a raspy tone. O/R H will probably be my next mod. I'll see how it sounds with the Pypes mid-muffler setup first, but I'm thinking it'll be a little loud for my age
Can you get the Pt#'s for those 3rd brakelight sockets for me? 've hit up all my local parts stores & no luck. I don't want to pay Ford's prices for 2 light sockets.
Thanks,
Larry
Old 10/31/07, 08:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Steve,
I thought your sound clips with the O/R H & GTA's sounded good, although in person I'll agree with you, thought it had a raspy tone. O/R H will probably be my next mod. I'll see how it sounds with the Pypes mid-muffler setup first, but I'm thinking it'll be a little loud for my age
Can you get the Pt#'s for those 3rd brakelight sockets for me? 've hit up all my local parts stores & no luck. I don't want to pay Ford's prices for 2 light sockets.
Thanks,
Larry
Larry how do like the pypes mid's, it looks like a nice setup to me!
Old 11/1/07, 02:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Steve,
Tom is right I have heard his car with the resonators several times now from the rear. It has a very good overall sound to it. I can tell you that the resonators seem to really knock down the trumpets as Tom calls it. But it also seems to have a muffling effect also. They definitely do not seem as loud with the resonators. Not that is a bad thing just an observation. I ran Borla's for a year with cats. Loved the sound, hated the drone. Went with an offroad pipe with them for 2 days. I couldn't take it. That's how I ended up with the GTA's. I also agree with Larry and you that they are raspy sounding at times and they also have a cackling sound that I guess is trumpting. But I also love them at WOT. I have toyed with the idea of the resonators but simply got tired of exhaust changes. But I can tell you that the resonators really do change the tone of the exhaust. They seem to take the rough edges off of the exhaust sound is how I would best describe it.

See you all in 4 days...Headed to North Carolina in 5 minutes. Biltmore Estate bound. Later
Scott
Old 11/1/07, 04:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Hey Steve,
Tom is right I have heard his car with the resonators several times now from the rear.......
Scott

From the rear, hahahahaha

Old 11/1/07, 05:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
yo!!
Old 11/1/07, 05:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Bed sheets

An extremely modest man was in the hospital for a series of tests, the last of which had left his bodily systems extremely upset.

Upon making several false alarm trips to the bathroom, he decided the latest episode was another and stayed put. He suddenly filled his bed with diarrhea and was embarrassed beyond his ability to remain rational.

In a complete loss of composure he jumped out of bed, gathered up the bed sheets, and threw them out the hospital window.

A drunk was walking by the hospital when the sheets landed on him. He started yelling, cursing, and swinging his arms violently trying to get the unknown things off, and ended up with the soiled sheets in a tangled pile at his feet.

As the drunk stood there, unsteady on his feet, staring down at the sheets, a hospital security guard, (barely containing his (laughter), and who had watched the whole incident, walked up and asked, "What the heck is going on here?"

The drunk, still staring down replied: "I think I just beat the s**t out of a ghost."

Happy Halloween
Old 11/1/07, 06:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Ha! Good one -

Another chuckle...

A guy walks into a bar with his pet monkey.
He orders a drink and while he's drinking, the monkey
jumps all around the place.

The monkey grabs s ome olives off the bar and eats them.
Then he grabs some sliced limes and eats them. He then jumps
onto the pool table and grabs one of the billiard *****.

To everyone's amazement, he sticks it in his mouth, and
somehow swallows it whole.

The bartender screams at the guy, 'Did you see what your
monkey just did?'

'No, what?'

'He just ate the cue ball off my pool table... whole!'

'Yeah, that doesn't surprise me,' replied the guy,
'he eats everything in sight. Sorry! I'll pay for the
cue ball and stuff.'

The guy finishes his drink, pays his bill, pays for the
stuff the monkey ate and leaves.

Two weeks later the guy is in the bar again, and has his
monkey with him. He orders a drink and the monkey starts
running around the bar again. While the man is finishing
his drink, the monkey finds a maraschino cherry on the bar.
He grabs it, sticks it up his butt, pulls it out, and eats it.
T h en the monkey finds a peanut, and again sticks it up his butt,
Pulls it out, and eats it.

The bartender is disgusted. 'Did you see what your
monkey did now?'

'No, what?' replied the man.

'Well, he stuck a maraschino cherry and a peanut up his butt,
pulled them out, and ate them!' said the bartender.

'Yeah, that doesn't surprise me,' replied the guy. 'He sti ll
eats everything in sight, but ever since he had to poop that cue ball,
he measures everything first.'
Old 11/1/07, 09:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Old 11/1/07, 02:55 PM
V6 Member

Steve,
Thanks,
Larry
Sorry Larry I forgot.
http://www.pepboys.com/
Part# 85885

I could not find these in the store but was able to order online. $5.61 each
Old 11/1/07, 05:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

this is to much like a tech thread
http://flightsimx.archive.amnesia.com.au/
board?
Old 11/1/07, 06:19 PM
Cobra Member

Steve,
Thanks for the pt. # I'll check around for those. No Pepboys around here.
Old 11/1/07, 06:29 PM
Cobra Member

Larry how do like the pypes mid's, it looks like a nice setup to me!
Overall, I like the setup. No drone,loud enough even when cruising. Not as deep of a tone as I had with the GTA's but a noticable increase in loudness.Great if you like the 'burbling' old school sound.I'm planning on going to a O/R H,probably have to go back with the GTA's then, as I'm sure it would be too loud with the mid-mufflers for my tastes.
I had some minor fit issues with it,darn lot of pieces.
Old 11/1/07, 06:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Overall, I like the setup. No drone,loud enough even when cruising. Not as deep of a tone as I had with the GTA's but a noticable increase in loudness.Great if you like the 'burbling' old school sound.I'm planning on going to a O/R H,probably have to go back with the GTA's then, as I'm sure it would be too loud with the mid-mufflers for my tastes.
I had some minor fit issues with it,darn lot of pieces.
Thanks for the feedback Larry! After I get my delete plates on in a couple weeks, I plan installing a O/R H pipe going to see how I like it with my GTA's before I make any other exhaust changes!.........Thanks again!
Old 11/1/07, 07:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
this is to much like a tech thread
http://flightsimx.archive.amnesia.com.au/
board?
Glenn, I hate to change the subject! but do you have any pics of your Stang with your Roush front fascia on , that got to look slick in Legend Lime!!
Old 11/1/07, 07:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hey tom281, no posts in here since 5:21 am . What happen the boss woman ground you from the computer this evening ?.... you been a bad boy!..... Oh' and while I'm bustin' your jewels a little....wheres the track footage YOU!!!! promised...

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread