Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11/5/07, 07:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Don't sell those parts Scottie. I just hope you change your underwear as often and you change springs and grills!! Geeez...
What underwear?.........
Old 11/6/07, 05:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Hey Tom,
Yes.. I did acually looked at this spreadsheet last week. Where do you see a white stang with gold stripes? I just looked again and I don't see any. What number is it along the left side? Duh...
Hey Larry.
The girls (K&K) thought the stripes needed to match the top and interior to look okay. The color from Bob White that was supposed to match the top doesn't at all. In fact it kind of looks dirty in color when you hold it. I guess the good thing about vinyl is it comes off easy enough if you don't like it. After all I spent alot more on the search for the perfect muffler that I never really found.
Scott

#339... not gold really, but Manhatten Beige (sounds like some BS that STD would call it)......

Pix:

Scott, if I were you, I'd think long and hard about doing the stripes. I think a side stripe would look good but I'm not sure about how overhead stripes would look on a 'vert. If your top was black, it would be a different story. Just my opinion.....
Old 11/6/07, 05:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
morning everyone
Old 11/6/07, 05:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

OKAY my Midwest Buddies
I want to ask for your "honest" opinions about a possible mod. Thanks to a suggestion from Tom281's wife (Kim) at Stangstock 07 my wife (Karen) has had me checking into possibly adding stripes to my car. Both Kim and Karen thought my car would look good with stripes that matched to parchment (tan) color of the top. While I have to admit I would like stripes on my car I do not like the colors most people put on a white stang. That is red or blue. Yuk!!!!!! So I have contacted both Bob White decals and Baltimore Street Mods and have had 2 samples mailed to me. One is a tan that is supposed to match the top color. NOT!! The other is a gloss gold. My wife thinks she would like the gloss gold. I also think that out of the 2 choices the gold would look the best. All I am looking for is honest opinions. Yes...No...or Leave it alone!! Attached are a picture of my car and the samples sent. Please give an honest opinion. You will not hurt my feeling. I am truely on the fence about this mod.
Scott
tough call I say no stripes. Does your car have a hood scoop? Any pics of Kim and Karen with the car with the samples. That may help me with my choice on the stripes
Old 11/6/07, 05:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time.../05/colors.htm
have you checked this out mach1
Old 11/6/07, 06:48 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
It's snowing here and it's going to be snowing all day ( Lake Effect Snow). Hopefully it won't stick.

Scott I say no stripes or paint Karen and Kim Gold and have them laid on your car so we can see how the stripes would look

Almost done mocking up the Mirrors under the Hood, at least i didn't see any Ricer comments about it.
Old 11/6/07, 07:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Girl Born With 4 Legs, 4 Arms Undergoes Surgery
created: 11/6/2007 7:11:01 AM
updated: 11/6/2007 7:11:24 AM

By KASHIF MASOOD
Associated Press Writer

BANGALORE, India (AP) -- Doctors began operating Tuesday on a 2-year-old girl born with four arms and four legs in an extensive surgery that they hope will leave the girl with a normal body, a hospital official said.

The girl is joined to a "parasitic twin" that stopped developing in the mother's womb. The surviving fetus absorbed the limbs, kidneys and other body parts of the undeveloped fetus.

The girl, Lakshmi, is named after the four-armed Hindu goddess of wealth, and some in her village in the northern state of Bihar revere her.

"Everybody considers her a goddess at our village," said her father, Shambhu, who goes by one name. "All this expenditure has happened to make her normal. So far, everything is fine."

Others sought to make money from Lakshmi. Her parents kept her in hiding after a circus apparently tried to buy the girl, they said.

The complications for Lakshmi's surgery are myriad: The two spines are merged, she has four kidneys, entangled nerves, two stomach cavities and two chest cavities. She cannot stand up or walk.

"It's a big team effort of a lot of skilled surgeons who will be putting their heart and soul into solving the problem of Laxmi," said Dr. Sharan Patil, the lead surgeon in the operation. "It's going to take many, many hours on a continuous basis to operate on the baby. So, these issues definitely make it complex."

Patil put the risk of losing Lakshmi between 20 and 25 percent.

Doctors at Sparsh Hospital in Bangalore, where Lakshmi is undergoing surgery, said she is popular among the medical staff and other patients.

"She's a very cute girl," Dr. Patil Mamatha said. "She's very playful and gets along well with others."

The hospital's foundation is paying for the operation because the girl's family could not afford the medical bills, Mamatha said. A team of 30 doctors was participating in the surgery.

WHOA
Old 11/6/07, 07:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Did you see the pics of the little girl? There is a video out there too...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../wlimbs105.xml

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308439,00.html
Old 11/6/07, 08:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
Almost done mocking up the Mirrors under the Hood, at least i didn't see any Ricer comments about it.

Dang, I was waiting for the opportune time...... common sense got the better of me, I knew I shoulda spoke up.
Old 11/6/07, 10:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott, I would say maybe a little pin striping (maybe some nice gold barbed wire down the air line haha) or a gold rocker panel stripe. But, that would be it for me.

dly, were did you find the plastic mirrors?
Old 11/6/07, 11:00 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good afternoon, just recovering from Garth Brooks last night. For anyone going, it was awesome!
Old 11/6/07, 11:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
good afternoon, just recovering from Garth Brooks last night. For anyone going, it was awesome!

Who's that??

Old 11/6/07, 11:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ShowGT
just passed Elvis in total record sales
Old 11/6/07, 02:36 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Dang, I was waiting for the opportune time...... common sense got the better of me, I knew I shoulda spoke up.
Well that seals the deal.. they are a go as everybody knows Tom has no taste.
Old 11/6/07, 02:40 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

dly, were did you fined the plastic mirrors?

Looked it up on eBay and found a place several miles from me that sells cut offs from the RV industies.

Attachment 35188Attachment 35189
Attachment 35190
Attached Thumbnails Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-mirrors-002.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-mirrors-005.jpg   Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread-mirrors-004.jpg  
Old 11/6/07, 03:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
Well that seals the deal.. they are a go as everybody knows Tom has no taste.

I'm just kidding, you know I like your car. It's the best looking Black GT/CS that I saw at Brenspeed during dyno day!
Old 11/6/07, 03:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

sounds like some BS that STD would call it)......
Oh' is that so! Mr.70MACH1OWNER......Manhatten Beige!.... Looks more like, Key West Cream! to me, then just add one of those Rainbow stickers on your bumper :gay: ..............
Old 11/6/07, 03:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by dly
dly, were did you fined the plastic mirrors?

Looked it up on eBay and found a place several miles from me that sells cut offs from the RV industies.

Attachment 35188Attachment 35189
Attachment 35190
Wow! Darrell, that reminds me of a ceiling I had in hotel room in Las Vegas once! where are you going to mount the Disco Ball....
Old 11/6/07, 03:41 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Wow! Darrell, that reminds me of a ceiling I had in hotel room in Las Vegas once! where are you going to mount the Disco Ball....
I guess I'll take the one down over my bed in the house and hang it on the Hood hatch... I would hate to have to order another one I could also play my 8 track tape of the Disco Hustle.
Old 11/6/07, 03:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by dly
I guess I'll take the one down over my bed in the house and hang it on the Hood hatch... I would hate to have to order another one I could also play my 8 track tape of the Disco Hustle.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread