2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Why Order a StangGT(Got to be Nuts}

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/05, 12:57 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you are getting a GT soon and i am sure you will be happy with it.Winters suck around Pa NJ NYC and Glad you will have it by the spring......Where in Pa are your from?
Most Dealers don't have any Gts on their lots at all,just came back from Northern Jersey and did not even see a GT on any of the fords lot....'
Saw a 2006 Black Manual Deluxe at one dealer but they wanted $3000 over sticker..
Its been on their lot since I got mine in early sept...JohnnyT
Old 11/8/05, 05:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by johnnytuinals@November 8, 2005, 2:00 PM
Glad you are getting a GT soon and i am sure you will be happy with it.Winters suck around Pa NJ NYC and Glad you will have it by the spring......Where in Pa are your from?
Most Dealers don't have any Gts on their lots at all,just came back from Northern Jersey and did not even see a GT on any of the fords lot....'
Saw a 2006 Black Manual Deluxe at one dealer but they wanted $3000 over sticker..
Its been on their lot since I got mine in early sept...JohnnyT
Hey Johnny, I'm from Chalfont, PA. It's in Bucks County, about 24 miles north of Philadelphia. There are only a few dealers around here that have GT's and they are all automatics. That is why they have them. Trust me, I know how you are feeling. I too want my car sooner, if I could. I'm in line with everyone else who ordered their cars. Just think, that once you get the car, it will be WELL worth the wait, I can promise you that.
Old 11/8/05, 07:45 PM
GT Member

Gwinnett Place Ford in the south has about 20 GTs and a few Manuals that you might can get at Invoice i would think...I know they are taking X-Plan for the Gts in stock.....Talk to the salesmanager before yea gooooo lol..
I only really know of one dealer in your area that i was looking last year at Gts,,,,Hopkins ford in jenkinstown....they have a 2006 GT Deluxe Manual in stockBut they want sticker......JohnnyT
Old 11/8/05, 07:52 PM
GT Member

Try to call my dealer up in Quakertown at faulkner ford on rt309....This is the second Gt that they got for the 2006s....I bought mine at Invoice,,,Call John the salesmanager and see if he will sell yea the car at invoice,tell he the guy that bought his other GT on laborday told yea to call..JohnnyT
http://www.faulknerfordmercury.com/pages/p...style=&count=20
Old 11/9/05, 07:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by johnnytuinals@November 8, 2005, 9:55 PM
Try to call my dealer up in Quakertown at faulkner ford on rt309....This is the second Gt that they got for the 2006s....I bought mine at Invoice,,,Call John the salesmanager and see if he will sell yea the car at invoice,tell he the guy that bought his other GT on laborday told yea to call..JohnnyT
http://www.faulknerfordmercury.com/pages/p...style=&count=20
Since he is a salesman for the dealer whom which he ordered his car, I would think that buying one from another dealer would be somewhat taboo.....
Old 11/9/05, 12:04 PM
GT Member

Whos a salesman?
I enjoy watching and checking out what Gts are near me and very surpised that the dealer I got my car from just got his 2nd Gt in all these few months lol......Its a manual 18inch wheels and ITS LOADED lolllllll.
Just thinking if he called the Salesmanager that he might be able to get the car at INVOICE.....
But look on their website and see if its the car you want first.....Just trying to help out a few locals that they can get their cars now instead of waiting....JohnnyT
Old 11/9/05, 12:09 PM
GT Member

Since he is a salesman for the dealer whom which he ordered his car, I would think that buying one from another dealer would be somewhat taboo.....

I am not a salesman,,,What I said is my dealer(meaning thats where I bought my car from}I would never want to work at a car dealership......Most of them come and go and it cannot be that great of a job hoping that you will get a sale that day....And the sleepless nights lolllllll...JohnnyT
Old 11/9/05, 12:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by johnnytuinals+November 9, 2005, 2:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(johnnytuinals @ November 9, 2005, 2:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Whos a salesman?
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-johnnytuinals
@November 9, 2005, 2:12 PM
I am not a salesman,,,What I said is my dealer(meaning thats where I bought my car from}I would never want to work at a car dealership......Most of them come and go and it cannot be that great of a job hoping that you will get a sale that day....And the sleepless nights lolllllll...JohnnyT
[/quote]

Not you! I am talking about 05fordgt. That is why I quoted you in a reply you had for him about him going to another dealership to try and get a car for himself. Since HE is a salesman, I would think that it would be taboo for HIM to buy a car from a different dealer. Sheesh... :bang:
Old 11/9/05, 01:52 PM
GT Member

Thumbs down

Originally posted by stang9325@November 9, 2005, 10:37 AM

Just keep this in mind....

Advertized 'invoice' is NOT dealer cost. On a loaded GT w/ 18" wheels, the advertized 'invoice' contains probably about $1600 dealer profit. Ideally, you should be buying a car like that for approx $800 -$1k under advertized invoice -- ask the dealer if they can put a rebate towards your downpayment if you negotiate a deal to buy the car 'at invoice'. When you then go from sales to sit w/ the F&I folks, keep in mind they are going to tack on $300 -- $500 'dealer administration' when they go to sign your paperwork, along with attempts to sell you warranties, etc.

Just be sure that to get to this point with the dealer, you've given some thought to how you are going to cover the purchase so they are willing to work with you on this. Let them run a credit app on you so they see you have workable credit. if you don't have workable credit and they ask to run a credit app, advise them how you plan to pay for the purchase so they will be willing to negotiate w/ you.

Just my 2 cents.....
Old 11/9/05, 02:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by johnnytuinals@November 9, 2005, 1:12 PM

JohnnyT, I am a salesperson. I work at Yocum Ford, in Lansdale, PA. I ordered the car for myself. What I was saying, is that I too have to wait, even though I work here at the dealer. I have to wait my turn like everyone else (I'm in no real hurry, since winter is coming). Plus, since I work at the dealership, I get the car for Employee Price. Why would I, as a salesperson, at one dealer, want to buy a car from another dealer? Escpecially when I can sell it to myself? To answer Stang9325's question, it pretty much IS taboo for a salesperson from 1 place to go buy a car from another store, when the salesperson sells the same brand.

BTW, working at a dealership isn't that bad. See, I'm a car nut, so it fits for me. I do it for the cars, and to help people. I have placed alot of info on this site since I signed up. There are a few salespeople that want to help (ISELLFORD, BEK355, KARPRO, Myself, if I missed any, I apologize). When you stated that most people come and go. That is true to an extent. I have been working at the same dealer for over 8 years now (I started in the business when I was 20), and plan on staying here for a LONG TIME. To me I love my job. You get to meet and help alot of people, and the perks are good (like driving a Ford GT!!). Don't get me wrong, there are slow days, but since I have been here so long, I get alot of repeat business, which helps alot.
Old 11/9/05, 03:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by esorense@November 9, 2005, 2:55 PM
Just keep this in mind....
Advertized 'invoice' is NOT dealer cost. On a loaded GT w/ 18" wheels, the advertized 'invoice' contains probably about $1600 dealer profit. Ideally, you should be buying a car like that for approx $800 -$1k under advertized invoice -- ask the dealer if they can put a rebate towards your downpayment if you negotiate a deal to buy the car 'at invoice'. When you then go from sales to sit w/ the F&I folks, keep in mind they are going to tack on $300 -- $500 'dealer administration' when they go to sign your paperwork, along with attempts to sell you warranties, etc.

Just be sure that to get to this point with the dealer, you've given some thought to how you are going to cover the purchase so they are willing to work with you on this. Let them run a credit app on you so they see you have workable credit. if you don't have workable credit and they ask to run a credit app, advise them how you plan to pay for the purchase so they will be willing to negotiate w/ you.

Just my 2 cents.....
Hey Eric, I just wanted to add my 2 cents (with no ill will intended at all ) in regards to your comment about invoice and dealer cost. I'll let you know about my car I ordered. I am a salesperson at a Ford dealer, who ordered a GT. Mine is a Premium, with IUP, AAT, Side Airbags, and 18" wheels. The MSRP is $28,980 (Pretty loaded). Invoice is $26,914.20. There is just about $2,000 in markup from invoice to MSRP. The A/Z Plan price (if you work for Ford), is $25,828.20. My price (D-Plan) is $100 more. The A-Plan price is the "True Dealer Cost". On my Mustang there is only $1,086 under the invoice.

To be totally honest, and I have been doing this for over 8 years, you don't really sell cars under invoice. Even the sites, KBB, Edmunds, etc, tell you that an invoice deal, or a few hundred over is a "good deal". I'll sell pretty much all new vehicles at invoice, with the exception of a few hot items (Mustang GT's, Fusions, certain trucks). If dealers all sold cars for what they got them for (True Net Cost), the sales department wouldn't really make anything, then what do you pay the salespeople who do the work? No dealer pays their salespeople on the "Holdback", the money under invoice. That is for the dealership.
On a new GT Mustang, for anyone to get invoice is a great deal. Plus, I have never seen a $300-$500 "administration fee" at my store. Were you talking about the dealer "Doc Fee"? I'm not sure what state your in, but in PA, the most allowed is $55, which is where were at. I know of some places that are WAY over that. If they get caught, they will get a HEAVY fine. This is wrong to do, believe me. These places give a bad name to this business.
For Extended Service Plans, they are worth it, if you plan on keeping the car for the length of the loan. I will add one to my car once it arrives, since I will be keeping it as my "baby". I think by the end of the decade, it wouldn't suprise me that you will eventually be able to order your car on-line, and just go to the dealer to test drive, and pick up. You never know. Hope your not mad at me for my post.
Old 11/9/05, 03:26 PM
GT Member

Ahhhhh then you will get that great dealllll from your dealership.
People really think you should be able to get a Stang Gt Under Invoice (unless its X-Plan or another Plan.)
But Saving $2300-$2500 off of MSRP is a great deal on Invoice...And I have never paid $300-$500 for dealer administration and it was never snucked into the price anywhere...
I am not saying allll salesmen hates there Jobs ,but many do bacause you need to sell.
And everytime I buy a New car the old salesmen have gone...
Glad you are happy with your job and hope you will enjoy your car but please don't try to make me race yea on I95 or the PA Turnpike......Johnnyt
Old 11/9/05, 04:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by johnnytuinals@November 9, 2005, 4:29 PM
Ahhhhh then you will get that great dealllll from your dealership.
People really think you should be able to get a Stang Gt Under Invoice (unless its X-Plan or another Plan.)
But Saving $2300-$2500 off of MSRP is a great deal on Invoice...And I have never paid $300-$500 for dealer administration and it was never snucked into the price anywhere...
I am not saying allll salesmen hates there Jobs ,but many do bacause you need to sell.
And everytime I buy a New car the old salesmen have gone...
Glad you are happy with your job and hope you will enjoy your car but please don't try to make me race yea on I95 or the PA Turnpike......Johnnyt
I'm not much into street racing. You know how the PA State troopers are, lol I'll be happy to meet up with you to go to some car shows, and display our cars, once the weather breaks.
Old 11/9/05, 05:24 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 05fordgt@November 9, 2005, 6:27 PM
Hey Eric, I just wanted to add my 2 cents (with no ill will intended at all )... ....{words 'n stuff}You never know. Hope your not mad at me for my post.
Naw, i'm not mad @ you at all. I live in Georgia, which is a very 'pro business' state. A consumer buying a car in this state has to be ready to do battle to get a deal on a car here. But, as you inferred, a dealer still makes a profit selling a car 'at invoice' I have no qualms & no issues w/ a dealer making an honest profit, but consumers need to know what they are paying. I'm not trying to upset you, but I still honestly feel that paying advertized 'invoice' on a car that costs nearly $30K is paying too much.

I'll share w/ you my experience. I got the X-plan on my new vehicle. I work for a company that is a legit X-plan Ford partner so I was able to get my own PIN as a benefit through our HR department.. $25,025 MSRP on a car I had to special order and wait 6-weeks for and X-plan priced at $23,101. "Invoice" on this car was approx $23,300. AFAIKT Dealer was making a $1K profit and I had no qualms w/ it. Since I was being quoted X-plan price that was below invoice I simply accepted the deal with a smile and felt it was fair. I did not, in any way shape or form, attempt to get an additional discount.

Then the funny business started w/ the F&I team & sales team when my car was ready for delivery 6-weeks later. $499 doc fee/overpriced non-ford ESP warranties(despite being a ford 'blue oval' dealer they "did not offer Ford ESP"), etc...etc../expensive Tire & Wheel packages, etc.etc., I was then told the X-plan price was $23,284 on the same car I ordered 6-weeks ago on the day I went to pick it up, when I was quoted $23,101 6-weeks back, etc. $600 'GAP' coverage that likely would not have paid my car lienholder if my car was stolen, etc.

So after running all this nonsense by the sales manager, I got $600 'partner cash' downpayment, paid the $499 DOC fee, did not buy any nonsense 'GAP' coverage from the dealer, and this Ford dealer did end up selling my my Ford ESP warranty. I also agree with you on purchasing Ford ESP warranty as well. I ended up getting the Ford ESP warranty from the dealer for $330 less than what I would have paid had I ordered the same warranty online from ford Direct. I also was able to negotiate fair prices on tire/wheel package which are a MUST here in Atlanta.

So yes, it washed and I still got a net price around the $23,101 I was quoted. BUT it took a lot of back-and-forth and 3 visits to the F&I team to get it done. Given what I paid ($330 discount on warranty as compared to Ford Direct pricing, Another $55 tire/wheel discount based on what I would have paid had I bought direct/$499 DOC fee, $600 rebate on downpayment, being quoted $184 more on a car than what it was when special ordered, etc.) I still got my deal. But it was a bloody battle.

BTW: When the F&I team saw the sales team had put the $600 rebate on my deal, they tried twice to take it off stating sales had "made a mistake....."

At the end of the day, I love my car, I'm glad I got the Ford extended warranty because I plan on driving it for a LONG time before I have to go through the nonsense of buying a new car again!!

Interesting epilogue: Neither the women who sold me my car, nor the F&I manager who wrote my deal, nor one of the F&I managers cronies who tried to 'take off the mistake'.. works @ that dealership any longer...

Whats ALSO interesting to note is that dealers who take the X-plan are NOT supposed to charge DOC fees to legit X-plan buyers. This is something to do with Ford. I signed X-plan paperwork for my dealer so they got X-plan funds. I still got my bottomline deal @ about what I was first quoted so I don't care, however my experience in getting this car was not the easiest.

I'm not unhappy w/ my dealer now. I don't want this thread to fully paint my dealer in a little too harsh of a light. I found out that I was not the only one who had to jump through hoops just to buy a car there. Those F&I folks I dealt with were actually relieved of their posts because of bad practice & loosing too many deals. On return trips the atmosphere at the dealer is much better. They cut the few bad apples off the tree and now things are fine.
Old 11/9/05, 05:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Eric, I can't believe you had to go through all that to get your car. Most of my Mustang GT sales take about 20 minutes to start the ordering process, and when the car comes in, about 15-30 minutes to do the delivery paperwork, and show the features of the car. The way that dealer does business is not good. That would wear me out if I was buying a car. Thanks for not getting upset at my post. At least in the end, you have your beautiful GT.

BTW, GAP insurance isn't all bad. If someone buys their car, and financed the WHOLE amount, and a year later, the car is totaled, After you get your check from the insurance company for the amount they deem the car worth, the balance that is owned on the loan (which is most always higher than what the car is worth) is paid off. It's only worth it when you finance most or all the car. If you only finance $10k or so, it's not worth it. Just a tip.
Old 11/9/05, 06:29 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 05fordgt@November 9, 2005, 9:00 PM
Hey Eric, I can't believe you had to go through all that to get your car. {words 'n words}.

thanks.. 2 things -- 1. My vehicle is a loaded V6 premium 5 sp/man w/ all the factory toys. $25,025 MSRP won't touch a GT even if it had milk-crates for seats w/ Fred Flinstone-powered brakes.....

2. I believe in GAP coverage as well. I added onto my current insurance policy as as extra coverage w/ my existing insurance provider. That covers me for both a total loss by theft as well as by accident. Its also much cheaper to buy GAP coverage from your existing insurer than to buy a $600 policy at the dealer. Plus the insurance company already knows who the lienholder is as its already on the policy. Its better than having to go through a 3rd party GAP provider, esp if you having to deal w/ the stress of a loss of a nice car. The GAP coverage the dealer tried to sell me was coyly worded to be only for 'total loss'. That could be construed as only by an accident. If my car was stolen, the 3rd party GAP insurance may not pay due to wording. As such, I got GAP on my current auto policy and have no headaches.