2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Went over to the dark side..............

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/07, 05:35 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pretty soon you realize it not just about the car, its about the experience, and the friends you make with others, then the friends become more important, thats what is about, people

Originally Posted by StiRob
Congrats on the Vette, there great cars. I grew up around them and they are one of my favorite.

Its great to see all of the positive comments for another brand posted on this forum. It realy says alot for the people on this forum and shows they are true car enthusiasts. On another forum I belong to any mention of another brand or competitor and you are instantly flamed.

Rob
Old 12/26/07, 08:43 AM
GT Member

Why has this thread not been moved already?

Maybe a Chevy forum would be a more appropriate place?
Old 12/26/07, 09:19 AM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
I really see nothing wrong with this discussion....I too am a Ford fanatic but I also own a Dodge Magnum and a Corvette. now compare that to the 15 Mustangs I have and you can see where the preference lies. I am in love with the new Challenger and if it lives up to the hype I'll eventually have one but I won't pay an ADM or even MSRP...I'm not one of those "I gotta have it first" types and those are the people that cause dealers to put ADM's on cars...I don't agree with it but the only way to stop it is to make it non-profitable by not buying them.

As far as the C6 vette....it's a very nice car, a good friend of mine has one and we added AFR heads and a Procharger and the car is a monster.....but not as much of a monster as an '05 with a single turbocharger!....but the Mustang was never designed to compete with the vette in any way shape or form so it's not a fair comparison except on price. I personally think that dealers should take a close look at this example because they are pushing their customers into the competitions showroom by way of the ADM.

I think the Corvette is a classic american sports car just like the Mustang is a classic American Muscle car but up until the newer vettes they rode like a covered wagon IMO...they have come a LONG way in that dept and I can't blame him for buying one given the alternatives when he was ready to buy.

I've driven the GT500 on track and I've driven the Vette.....IMO you can't even compare them as they are completely different cars and do completely different things for the driver.

A car guy is a car guy....nothing in that definition marries you to one particular brand or model and it keeps us all different....otherwise this would be a boring world .
Old 12/26/07, 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

I went through the same caper a few months back... I love Mustangs and wanted a Shelby, but the dealer's greed wore me down. See Link:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=73560

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g.../DSC_0150a.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g.../DSC_0153b.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g.../DSC_0145b.jpg

Old 12/27/07, 11:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by StangFreak
The GT500 is not a limited car, they are making too many for it to be considered "limited". My Vette was special ordered and not sitting on some one's lot, even so I still got supplier pricing on it. You can also find killer deals on regular GT's and even some of the special editions like the Cali Special and Shelby GT's. Why, because the American auto maker is hurting for sales. Like I said in the beginning, the GT500 is an awesome car. The point of my thread was not to degrade it in any way shape or form. Just to point out the the ADM's made me take a second look at what else was available for similar money. I bought the Vette because with the discounts it's a much better performance value.

As far as which one is faster, who cares!!! I'm too old to play the "may car is faster than yours" game. Either car is going to give you more performance than you can use on the street without being locked up and thrown in the slammer.
Agree. in Feb '07, I paid $27.8k for my CS/GT, which stickered for $31k....and I could have paid less if I'd bought one on the lot, but I had to have the charcoal aluminum dash.

Originally Posted by svopaul
I really see nothing wrong with this discussion....I too am a Ford fanatic but I also own a Dodge Magnum and a Corvette. now compare that to the 15 Mustangs I have and you can see where the preference lies. I am in love with the new Challenger and if it lives up to the hype I'll eventually have one but I won't pay an ADM or even MSRP...I'm not one of those "I gotta have it first" types and those are the people that cause dealers to put ADM's on cars...I don't agree with it but the only way to stop it is to make it non-profitable by not buying them.

As far as the C6 vette....it's a very nice car, a good friend of mine has one and we added AFR heads and a Procharger and the car is a monster.....but not as much of a monster as an '05 with a single turbocharger!....but the Mustang was never designed to compete with the vette in any way shape or form so it's not a fair comparison except on price. I personally think that dealers should take a close look at this example because they are pushing their customers into the competitions showroom by way of the ADM.

I think the Corvette is a classic american sports car just like the Mustang is a classic American Muscle car but up until the newer vettes they rode like a covered wagon IMO...they have come a LONG way in that dept and I can't blame him for buying one given the alternatives when he was ready to buy.

I've driven the GT500 on track and I've driven the Vette.....IMO you can't even compare them as they are completely different cars and do completely different things for the driver.

A car guy is a car guy....nothing in that definition marries you to one particular brand or model and it keeps us all different....otherwise this would be a boring world .
AMEN! +1,000,000

A turbo setup is in my car's future....not sure if I want to do the single or twins for faster spool-up...
Old 12/27/07, 12:49 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by boss429man
... Has anyone that ownes a gt500 had any runs with a c/6 Vette please chime in!

Maybe. I think my vanity tag had a lot to do with it. I guess it must be eye catching.

Old 12/27/07, 05:02 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Remember guys, I am the messenger not the king.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=E5FG9XeMtTM&NR=1

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_ds6xK...eature=related
Old 12/27/07, 05:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the other side! I did the same thing you did. I wanted a Gt 500 but got the Vette instead. Ive had mine since Halloween and havent looked back. I wish that mine had the Z51 package but I will just put the Z51 sways and shocks on so I will be close.
Attached Thumbnails Went over to the dark side..............-vette1-007.jpg  
Old 12/27/07, 05:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks 1 Bullitt !!!
Old 12/27/07, 06:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Silver99v6
Welcome to the other side! I did the same thing you did. I wanted a Gt 500 but got the Vette instead. Ive had mine since Halloween and havent looked back. I wish that mine had the Z51 package but I will just put the Z51 sways and shocks on so I will be close.

Sweet!!! Love that blue color!!!
Old 12/27/07, 11:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Old 12/28/07, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Yeah, I copied the links and fwded them to some folks I know...
Old 12/28/07, 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

I forward it to alot of bowtie friend
Old 12/28/07, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

She is a beauty...but I do hope that you get smoked by a blown GT...hehe
Old 12/28/07, 05:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HAMRS_gt
pretty soon you realize it not just about the car, its about the experience, and the friends you make with others, then the friends become more important, thats what is about, people
+10000000.....

I am the opposite, I came from a c6 and back to the mustang. The above statement in my case is so true! The c6 was a nice car but the mustang moves my soul.

So to the original poster, congrats on the vette! I am sure you will enjoy it as it it a fantastic car!

Here is what I sold to get my stang....
Old 12/28/07, 08:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

You didn'tjsut get a stang, you got a PJ Saleen. A very special Mustang IMO. Congrats.

We wantpics of the PJ, not the Vette.
Old 12/28/07, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bored out
She is a beauty...but I do hope that you get smoked by a blown GT...hehe

Not likely. I have on order a Haltech Killer Bee intake, LG Motorsports long tube headers, and will be getting it all tuned on a dyno. Hoping for 440 rwhp.

Like I stated so many times in this thread, I don't hate Mustangs. I own a 07 GT in addition to the Vette.

Old 12/29/07, 08:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by StangFreak
Not likely. I have on order a Haltech Killer Bee intake, LG Motorsports long tube headers, and will be getting it all tuned on a dyno. Hoping for 440 rwhp.

Like I stated so many times in this thread, I don't hate Mustangs. I own a 07 GT in addition to the Vette.

+1 on the car guys comment. If we weren't car guys first, we wouldn't be here. Congrats on the C6. I love the look of the car. And to USMC0341, you PJ is a very special car, much more exclisive than any Shelby IMO....what only 500 made? Congrats! And yes, we wanna see pics of that, pls!
EDIT: Went to the link and saw the pics. SWEET! How do you clean under the rear window louvers? Do they come off for cleaning?
Old 12/29/07, 09:08 AM
GT Member

looked at the pics of your pj, looks great

Originally Posted by USMC0341
+10000000.....

I am the opposite, I came from a c6 and back to the mustang. The above statement in my case is so true! The c6 was a nice car but the mustang moves my soul.

So to the original poster, congrats on the vette! I am sure you will enjoy it as it it a fantastic car!

Here is what I sold to get my stang....
Old 12/29/07, 10:40 PM
FR500 Member

ur a lucky man..enjoy