2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Tips for getting Stang up on all 4's?

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/10, 11:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NastyStang113
I found the problem. LOL
Yep, that was the problem I had too. Replaced the $40 Torin Special with an Arcan xl35 and it's not an issue any more.

As for the both LCAs at a time part, I followed CHE's instructions on it when I did the install two years ago and they explicitly said the suspension couldn't be loaded. Who was I to argue at the time?
Old 6/7/10, 03:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Dixie_Flatline
Yep, that was the problem I had too. Replaced the $40 Torin Special with an Arcan xl35 and it's not an issue any more.

As for the both LCAs at a time part, I followed CHE's instructions on it when I did the install two years ago and they explicitly said the suspension couldn't be loaded. Who was I to argue at the time?
Sure your new jack is nice and all but did it come with two jackstands like my MVP Pro-lift?! TWO?!!

I think the key takeaway is, whatever your stance is on how safe it is, you should definitely NOT lift your car by the diff if you have a ****-ant little jack.
----
That's interesting about the LCA's. My instructions (BMRs) didn't say you had to load the suspension when you were putting them in, only when it comes to tightening them down:
Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication
Once both new control arms are installed and bolts are finger tight, load the rear suspension by placing the jack stands under the axle. NOTE: This step is required to properly load the bushings before tightening the mounting bolts. NOTE: tightening the control arm bolts with the rear end hanging results in bushing preload and can cause irregular ride height and premature bushing wear
They did specify it had to be loaded for the entire installation of the LCA relocation brackets
Old 6/7/10, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cavero
That's interesting about the LCA's. My instructions (BMRs) didn't say you had to load the suspension when you were putting them in, only when it comes to tightening them down:
I didn't say they needed to be loaded to install though. I said they could be loaded for the install. Steeda's instructions even tell you to do it loaded, not just tightening the fasteners.

http://www.steeda.com/directions/555...l_arm_s197.pdf

Last edited by NastyStang113; 6/7/10 at 04:39 PM.