2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

A thread that's sure to get locked.

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/09, 10:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkCandy08GT
99% of the people can care less about hp but are attracted to the looks.
I could really care less what the car looks like at this point. I'd drive a smart car if it put 1000 to the ground.
Old 11/20/09, 11:34 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bullitt995
Did you even read what he posted?
You're right. My bad.

I mis-interpretted 'our' car and skipped ahead. Who can argue with a 10 second car in is sig?

I still love my slow *** performance machine on higher altitude 2 lane mountain twisties.

Last edited by cdynaco; 11/20/09 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11/21/09, 01:45 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Did you even read what he posted idiot?
Apparently he did and you didn't, which was nothing more than a self glorification post. The guy just wanted everyone to know he can drive on a straight line otherwise he would have bragged about his ability to use the turn signal as well.

As for the idiot reference, you hang around with wannabe impersonators wearing turtlenecks and hush puppies in the middle of the summer and you call someone else an idiot?

Life is full of ironies, isn't it?

Old 11/21/09, 03:40 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Did you even read what he posted idiot?
No need for name calling and please refrain from doing so in the future.
Old 11/21/09, 05:57 AM
I lust for a M24

Actually, with all the"...'s" it's hard to figure out if he's stating all Mustang's, or just his because of the spool. Either way, just like the Mustang can be modded into a drag car, it can be modded into a nice little corner carver too. Which is kind of the point of this thread - that people can mod their car how they choose, and people are free to mod theirs differently, but a little bit of courtesy and respect go a long way when discussing someone else's mods.
Old 11/21/09, 07:25 AM
GT Member

besides which our car is only good for 1/4 mile runs in a straight line...because of the spool
Our car as in this one car. I have driven the car on the street with the spool....you can do it...but the rear tires scrub at every tight turn and parallel parking is out. We put in the spool because repeated transbrake launches trashed the truetrac.

For corner carving and road racing, don't you need an entirely different suspension? For us, the first 60 feet is real important. I wouldn't think that anything we've done to the car, would apply to road racing a mustang. For us it's all about weight transfer at launch...don't you need to pay attention to all four corners of a corner carver?

but a little bit of courtesy and respect go a long way...
Funny stuff when you start the post with a derogatory remark.
Actually, with all the"...'s"
We can go on like this forever. While I keep posting on this forum, I'll give an opinion (if asked) regardless of whether I think it conforms or not. This is your world, I am just visiting. I kinda like what 05GT-OCD did with his car and stated so and this is the guy who seems to like me the least. My opinion was about his car, not the owner. He posted pics and asked for opinions. I gave mine. He can trash me all he likes but I find his exterior mods subtle and yet bold. It's hard to find that sort of combo.

Last edited by forensicsteve; 11/21/09 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11/21/09, 09:24 AM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by forensicsteve
Our car as in this one car. I have driven the car on the street with the spool....you can do it...but the rear tires scrub at every tight turn and parallel parking is out. We put in the spool because repeated transbrake launches trashed the truetrac.

For corner carving and road racing, don't you need an entirely different suspension? For us, the first 60 feet is real important. I wouldn't think that anything we've done to the car, would apply to road racing a mustang. For us it's all about weight transfer at launch...don't you need to pay attention to all four corners of a corner carver?

Funny stuff when you start the post with a derogatory remark.

We can go on like this forever. While I keep posting on this forum, I'll give an opinion (if asked) regardless of whether I think it conforms or not. This is your world, I am just visiting. I kinda like what 05GT-OCD did with his car and stated so and this is the guy who seems to like me the least. My opinion was about his car, not the owner. He posted pics and asked for opinions. I gave mine. He can trash me all he likes but I find his exterior mods subtle and yet bold. It's hard to find that sort of combo.
Are you a little sensitive or something? I didn't start the post w/ a derogatory remark. I was sticking up for you by trying to say that you might not have ment that all Mustangs are built for a straight line, but that people were probably just confused because of the sentence structure. Now, before you get bent out of shape about that, I know this is the internet and I'm not a spelling/grammar **** - Heck, this post alone I'm sure I've made several errors. I'm not trying to bash or correct you, just letting other's see that they may have taken your sentence the wrong way.
I really don't give 2 craps about anyone else's opinion of my car. I love my car and have never been offended by anyone else's opinion. The car that started this whole debacle was "trucmec's", and not my torch red car anyways. I've got nothing against your car. I wish my car had more performance, but speed costs money and I'm lucky if I make it to a strip twice a year. This isn't my world, trucmec's, or any other specific member's (other than Brad's ), it's the freakin' internet and no need to get so defensive. Chill out and stay a while, the forum could definately use some more people to give good performance advice.
Old 11/21/09, 05:51 PM
GT Member

Chill out and stay a while, the forum could definately use some more people to give good performance advice.
OK.... This site is very different from others I frequent, that are much more performance hardcore. The trouble with some of those, is that there's lots of chest pounding and vulgarity. This site is actually a pleasant breath of fresh air.

As far as the performance advice.....all I can do is just share what we have been through, what we are doing, what we are planning with this car. I am the least mechanically inclined in our little group, and just share our experiences....some good...some not so good.

Don't know much about show mods (wow...what a surprise). So there's certainly a whole world of mustang-modding that I could better appreciate, if I pay attention.

Last edited by forensicsteve; 11/21/09 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11/21/09, 07:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

OK.... This site is very different from others I frequent, that are much more performance hardcore. The trouble with some of those, is that there's lots of chest pounding and vulgarity. This site is actually a pleasant breath of fresh air.

As far as the performance advice.....all I can do is just share what we have been through, what we are doing, what we are planning with this car. I am the least mechanically inclined in our little group, and just share our experiences....some good...some not so good.

Don't know much about show mods (wow...what a surprise). So there's certainly a whole world of mustang-modding that I could better appreciate, if I pay attention.
I appreciate your posts Steve. For future reference, we practice passive aggressive chest pounding without the vugarity here.
Old 11/22/09, 09:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by smitty
I appreciate your posts Steve. For future reference, we practice passive aggressive chest pounding without the vugarity here.

LOL! And +1 to that post.
Old 11/22/09, 09:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by smitty
+1, Frakkin' a, man.
*pounds chest into fist, passive agressive style*
Old 11/22/09, 07:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I come here to relax and even post every once in a while.
Old 11/27/09, 12:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
I come here to relax and even post every once in a while.
Amen..

The Titanic sinks at the end of the movie!
Old 11/28/09, 01:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mas35NYR
Amen..

The Titanic sinks at the end of the movie!
WHAT???? It all makes senses now.... Hahaha jk
Old 12/8/09, 03:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by The Beast
person should be allowed to do what they want.... adopt roush's philosophy of 'never met a Mustang I didn't like.'
well said

I try to keep it about 50/50 (exterior/performance):

Old 12/17/09, 11:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is one SEXY car!!!!!