2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

A thread that's sure to get locked.

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/09, 08:30 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Everyone is entitled to their opinion , but that's how it should be expressed as their opinion and not as an absolute truth. Just because someone does or doesn't like something doesn't make it right or wrong. If you wouldn't want to do something to your car say so , but don't say someone else shouldn't do it just because you don't like it. And that's just my opinion ...
Old 11/16/09, 09:27 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like a balanced looking car. As said, there's always a faster car out there, but if your car looks like it can rip the doors out of every car out there, and the car doesn't move as it looks, it's a little dissapointing to me. JMO
Old 11/16/09, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Well being civil/respectful is important to keep a dialogue going. But if everyone kept their opinion to themselves, or all think the same, we wouldn't have much of a forum would we...

I mean forums are about sharing your thoughts & opinions aren't they?

Metal sharpens metal. People can disagree without being disagreeable.
Cdynaco has a good point here.

I agree that we should build our cars according to our own taste, but isn't constructive criticism about something that just doesn't work a good thing?

I'd rather read it here, than hear it out on the street:-)
Old 11/16/09, 10:38 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like "show" mods and some performance mods. For me there is no place to use all that power anyway so installing expensive performance mods (ie: supercharger) would be rather pointless, at least for me it would be. 300+ hp is enough to get me speeding tickets as it is.
Old 11/16/09, 10:59 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

Perhaps the topic starters should provide a disclaimer with a caution:

WARNING:
ONLY POSITIVE AND CHEERLEADING COMMENTS ALLOWED; NEGATIVE OR DETRIMENTAL COMMENTS ARE PUNISHABLE BY UP TO LIFE IMPRISONMENT OR DEATH PENALTY.

Old 11/16/09, 11:11 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it's an individuals car and they can do what they want and the hell with what anyone thinks.
Old 11/16/09, 11:21 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
My personal feelings for my own car was that I didn't want the car to 'look' faster than it was. I chose a personal path of show and go mods. That was right for me. What everyone else does is right for them. Go or show, sleeper or not it's all good to me if its good with you.

At the same time we do ask for opinions around here and receive them regularly. I want an honest opinion personally. You're not gonna hurt my feelings. I know my car isn't what alot of people would personally do and that's great. The same goes for me and some of the cars around here. But I can appreciate the work and the time and the effort put into them.

So my opinion, for what its worth, which is what you pay for it, i.e. nothing, is that you do what you want to your car. If you put badges on it, I might say something about it. If you do alot of show mods and no go mods others might say something about it. It's not offensive though. No reason for anyone to get their feelings hurt, or call for the post to be removed ans someone in this thread mentioned. What's that about? If we remove all the posts someone finds the slightest offense to, then you might as well ban me now. This isn't Camaro 5. We are still independent free thinkers with opinions. But at the same time we still need to be civil to each other. And respectful.

Summary:

He or she can mod their car any way they want...he or she can also state opinions on the way others cars are modded.
Old 11/16/09, 11:38 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like we've gone from "Is balance a requirement" to "is it OK to criticize?".

Of course it's OK to criticize, but of course there's a time and place for everything, and a right and wrong way to do it.

Edit: BTW Gary, I'm also in agreement on not removing a comment of criticizm. That just seems unAmerican. Ask FOX news how it feels

Last edited by 05GT-O.C.D.; 11/16/09 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11/16/09, 01:38 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Looks like we've gone from "Is balance a requirement" to "is it OK to criticize?".
By the time I got to George's post I had completely forgot what the thread was about anyway.

What was the question?
Old 11/16/09, 02:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
I do think that if your hood scoop says 'Supercharged' on it then you need FI under the hood, otherwise it just wouldn't make sense to me.
you mean like this?

Old 11/16/09, 02:19 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by Rebel73
you mean like this?

Yeah, but I think that Mr Whipple is under your hood.
Old 11/16/09, 02:47 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
By the time I got to George's post I had completely forgot what the thread was about anyway.

What was the question?

me thinks it was about how to get a

without getting...

Old 11/16/09, 04:47 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

What was the question?
I am not 100% sure but it seems 1 out of 20 guys declined to french kiss Eleanor, kind of a tongue in cheek insult.

Old 11/16/09, 06:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
This thread sucks. It's not locked as promised yet. Disappointing.

Old 11/16/09, 09:10 PM
Post *****

***WARNING!!!***

This thread does not deliver....
Old 11/16/09, 09:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont think anything is "a requirement". Number of cars posted on here are bone stock. If thats what the owner wants thats fine. Its not my dime as others have stated. Ive asked for opinions before, and have taken the good with the bad. Im a big boy. But I do think there is a need for some respect and civility. If your not asked for comments and dont like something stay quiet. If someone asks for comments go ahead and give it, but use some tact. There is no need for "thats so stupid, ugly, what were you thinking, etc.." Simply say its not my taste, Sorry dont like it and move on. Remember what goes around comes around. Not everyone will be impressed by what you do to you car. Who cares its your car.
Old 11/17/09, 07:01 AM
GT Member

Lots of folk are quite critical of how I could take a perfectly nice mustang off the showroom floor and completely gut it, just for ET goals. I don't take offense. I listen and sometimes wonder why myself.

This is either an open forum, where folk can agree or disagree, present different views and debate etc....or it is a private member's club where you can join in and play, as long as you go with the flow and nobody has a dissenting vote. The Mods will have the final say on that.
Old 11/17/09, 07:15 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ETNOATS
I dont think anything is "a requirement". Number of cars posted on here are bone stock. If thats what the owner wants thats fine. Its not my dime as others have stated. Ive asked for opinions before, and have taken the good with the bad. Im a big boy. But I do think there is a need for some respect and civility. If your not asked for comments and dont like something stay quiet. If someone asks for comments go ahead and give it, but use some tact. There is no need for "thats so stupid, ugly, what were you thinking, etc.." Simply say its not my taste, Sorry dont like it and move on. Remember what goes around comes around. Not everyone will be impressed by what you do to you car. Who cares its your car.
Well said! Hopefully it's clear by now that no one is saying that members shouldn't express their opinions...we're just asking for a bit of civility when doing so
Old 11/17/09, 09:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts
First off, it's their car and if thats what they want to do with it, then it's their money. They should enjoy their car as they see fit. Yes, I extend that line of thought to ricers too, even though I shake my head in pity...because I've seen some pretty tasteless imports.

Although, I do agree with what the poster said to a point. I think a couple mods like stripes, a modest body kit, a new hood, wheels or something like that are perfectly fine with factory power. Throw in everything and beyond a certain point though, when the car looks heavily modified and badass, by my ideals you should be able to back it up, just my opinion. Even so, no matter how much power you make, your exterior mods should be in good taste, something that varies person to person.

As far as sleepers go, I'm a huge fan of the concept. The whole element of surprise thing.
Old 11/17/09, 10:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

If you post your car and ask for opinions, then be ready for some dissenting opinions because not everyone likes the same things. If you're car says supercharged and it's not supercharged, well, that's just silly. If, however, you like the look of the hot wheels body kit with no performance mods, hey, that's cool.

If someone mentions to you they don't like your hot wheels body kit with no performance mods and they're a horse's **** about it, then value their opinion accordingly.

Should we lock this thread?

Last edited by smitty; 11/17/09 at 10:18 AM. Reason: something funny to say?

Quick Reply: A thread that's sure to get locked.