2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

"Submitted to the Plant" Order status

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/06, 01:09 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Submitted to the Plant" Order status

I called to follow up on my order that I placed on 6/9, and my dealer says the my car has been "submitted to the plant". He couldn't give me an ETA or any other useful information (like a VIN# or DORA) So, to me this just means I'm getting closer...Can anyone else shed any light as to what this means and how many stages are left before I receive the car?

Thanks!!!
Old 7/6/06, 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VVVROOM
I called to follow up on my order that I placed on 6/9, and my dealer says the my car has been "submitted to the plant". He couldn't give me an ETA or any other useful information (like a VIN# or DORA) So, to me this just means I'm getting closer...Can anyone else shed any light as to what this means and how many stages are left before I receive the car?

Thanks!!!
Try and get a copy of the DORA as that it not only confirms the order is in the system it also confirms what was ordered. Once you get the DORA make sure everything is correct so that you don't get any suprises when your car arrives and it's not what you ordered...and if you find something wrong on the DORA tell the dealer to change the order.

In regard to what your dealer told you 'submitted to plant'...my dealer told me that my car was already being built when in reality it was in a temporary delay in production (I knew about all the delays in production from TMS) so I figured my dealer wasn't telling me the truth, and that was confirmed when I got home and called Ford.
Ford told me that the car was on hold, so I called the dealer and he said he was unaware of any holds and insisted the car was being built.

Maybe others here can list all the steps regarding build.
Good Luck
Old 7/6/06, 02:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Submitted to the plant is your 1st step in production. YOur dealer should have a VIN number and by tomorrow a tentative build week.