2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy, Just ORDERED... The story of my Love for the Stang Vert.

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/06, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy, Just ORDERED... The story of my Love for the Stang Vert.

Hahaha, I know the Title is kinda cheesy but, anyways... here I go
I am 26 yrs. old(turn 27 July 10th) father of 1 girl(18 1/2 months )and about to be divorced in October(FINAL). I been coming to this message board for the past 2 months now.
This is my 1st actually post. I am so frickin excited!!! After debating back and forth weather to go order a Mustang now or wait and save a lil more. Im just sick of driving the Durango. Its just not me, ya know... Before the Durango I drove a 1999 RedFire Mustang(35th Annver. Edition) Convertible(black Top) for almost 4 years. I miss my Vert so much and driving that **** Durango just reminds me to much of the life that was once and is over with. I remember the day I traded my Mustang in for that Durango, I was almost in tears when I was taking my stuff out and then giving the keys to the dealer. I always said I would never sell it etc.. and I eventually did because my wife(at the time) was 9 months pregnant and I thought I was doing the "right" thing in trading in the car I loved for a more "family" oriented vehicle.
But anyways.... now that the Divorce is almost final I want my Stang Vert back and thats exactly what I did TODAY!!!!

Here are the details to the STANG Vert I ordered today!!!

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible Premium
Interior: Dark Charcoal

Exterior 1: Grabber Orange Metallic<<< I feel in love with this color from all the pics I seen on this message board, it was either orange or RedFire again. But I thought, I already drove a RedFire. ORANGE it is!!>>>
Exterior 2: Black Vinyl(TOP)
Also got the Black ACCENT Stripe.

Engine: 4.0L SOHC V6 Engine<<< I know, I know... some of you guys like why V6??? Personally, all I really care about is the looks. I don't need all the horse power. Never got into modding my Stang. I will be plenty happy with all my 210-Horse power, lol

Tranmission: 5-Speed Automatic Transmission

Tires: P215/65R16 All-Season Tires <<<I almost upgraded to the 17", but I thought. I plan on buying some nicer rim and tires next year. Chrome 18".... stock tires good for now.

Seat Type: Verona Grain Leather Front Bucket Seats<<< Gotta have the leather if Im ordering the f*cker, lol

Additional Options:

Exterior Sports Apperance PKG

Interior UpGrade PKG

Satin Aluminum Instrument Panel

Dealer Installed Options:

Single Chrome Exhaust Tip

The MSRP was $28,255. I got it down to $27,317. I put $1000 down for now to order. Plan on puttin another $2000 down once it is delivered. Can't wait!!! I feel like a kid!!!! Hahaha!!!!

Well, thanks for reading guys and look forward to get more involved in the message boards!!!
Old 7/5/06, 08:57 PM

Congratulations on your Mustang order! I can certainly empathize with a lot of what you wrote, as I first posted here two years ago when my marriage fell apart. When I had to leave I had a 95 GT and an 02 GT. I had to part with one, and thanks in part to some of the great advice and support I got here, I ended up with my 2004 Mach 1! Now I am waiting for my Alloy 07 GT to get here! I am sorry for the personal tribulations you are facing, but keep your head up, and enjoy life (and your new 'stang!)!
Old 7/6/06, 06:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Justin, welcome to the forums, and congrats on your new order. I was in the same thought process in regards to getting one. I'm 29, already have the house, and had some good money saved up, so I went for it. I am so happy I did, and trust me, you will say the same thing. These cars are so much fun and well worth it. I have meet so many cool people at shows, and my weekends are now filled with driving. Again, congrats and can't wait to see some pics when she arrives. BTW, here is a dancer for you, for the order. Once it arrives, many more to come.
Old 7/6/06, 11:45 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! I'm excitingly waiting for my '07 order as well as many of us. I can't wait! Enjoy that vert. If I could afford a vert, I would have gotten it. Then again, if I could afford the Shelby, I would have ordered it! lol
Old 7/6/06, 12:33 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats! I think you'll be impressed with the performance of the V6, they run pretty strong.

I don't want to take anything away from the excitement, but the going price for a special order Mustang (especially a V6) is around invoice. You should be able to get at least another grand off the price you were quoted.

Good luck, and let the waiting begin!
Old 7/6/06, 02:11 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats on the order. See, things are already looking up.
Old 7/6/06, 04:36 PM

Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words. I will defiently have pics up when she arrives.