2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Stillen Sportsparts wants to hear from you

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/06, 08:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I know everyone is making a strut tower brace. I would like some nice billet strut tower braces for front and rear. a front one that clears all factory engine covers from 05-07 with out any modifications. Most do not and if they do, it seems people are modifying the bolt locations etc for them to come really close. We need one that wont rub the hood liner or the engine cover and just bolt right in. Also a window scoop that looks like the older ones, more rounded with a nice insert for air flow, use bolt on parts for the scoop like roush does, no 3m tape, and would also have a hole in the back side so that air transfers through the scoop properly. An exhaust that sounds awesome but has no drone to cause vibration to interior parts. I have tried bassani, and borla, both drone. Color to match stuff, already painted etc. Just a few ideas.
Old 10/1/06, 10:20 PM
V6 Member

1 - A Duck spolier that covers or uses the factory spolier holes with a nice curve BUT not as tall as Cervinis and offer it already PAINTED.
Old 10/1/06, 10:22 PM
V6 Member

1 - A Duck spolier that covers or uses the factory spolier holes with a nice curve BUT not as tall as Cervinis and offer it already PAINTED.
2 - A Stainless basket weave grill to replace stock grill and NOT go over it.
3 - A rear difusser that covers the hanging mufflers and underbody that goes between the tail pipes.
Old 10/5/06, 11:41 AM
Authorized Advertiser

What about a duck bill spoiler similar to the SSE piece, but one that uses the factory holes? I personally like the duck bill look, but to me the Cervini is toooooooo tall. Also, we have received a lot of interest on the "blank grille". I need to know who would be willing to pay $170-180 for one?

Thanks

Brian
Old 10/5/06, 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, I have a new one. Haven't seen anyone ask for this yet...

How about a center console arm rest extension. Huh! you ask... imagine the center arm rest extending over the cup holders all the way up to the shift boot. With my seating position I constantly feel like I'm going to ram my elbow into the arm rest. I haven't done it yet but's still annoying. So, what I propose is a piece to fit right on top of the cup holders that is a 180deg copy of the arm rest with a cut-out for the parking brake and an indention toward the rear so you can still open the console.
Old 10/5/06, 01:37 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I won't answer the price question since, for me, that grille falls into the "Gotta Have It!" category. My answer would scew the results greatly. (in other words, I'd pay a LOT more than that, but I know no one else would)

My opinion on the spoiler would be keep the height between the CDC and the SSE spoliers. Keep it as flush as possible anywhere it meets the body. The CDC version looks good except for how thick it is on the back where it meets the rear bumper. Also, and most importantly, it shouldn't be as curved as the current ducktail spoilers on the market. It should mimick the '68 Shelby (GT/CS) spoiler.
Also, it should have the option to cover the brake light or leave it exposed.
Covering the factory spoiler holes doesn't matter to me; ordered spolier delete.
Old 10/5/06, 03:26 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Little Black Pony
Ok, I have a new one. Haven't seen anyone ask for this yet...

How about a center console arm rest extension. Huh! you ask... imagine the center arm rest extending over the cup holders all the way up to the shift boot. With my seating position I constantly feel like I'm going to ram my elbow into the arm rest. I haven't done it yet but's still annoying. So, what I propose is a piece to fit right on top of the cup holders that is a 180deg copy of the arm rest with a cut-out for the parking brake and an indention toward the rear so you can still open the console.

Nice idea. Probably would require a whole new (padded) lid. Shouldn't be hard though, although demand might be an issue.
Old 10/5/06, 05:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Nice idea. Probably would require a whole new (padded) lid. Shouldn't be hard though, although demand might be an issue.
Thanks.

The extension is a separate piece. The stock lid is still used. I was thinking that this piece would just fit the area right in front of the stock arm rest. It would use the cup holders to just pop into place, so no doublesided tape or anything. That way if you wanted to use the cup holders you can just pop the extension off. Maybe make it out of the same foamy plastic stuff that drink kozies are injection molded from, but with the same dull texture that the current arm rest has. Or just cover it with leather like the leather arm rests.

I guess demand will be the big issue... I really really want it!
Old 10/5/06, 07:40 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not sure if this has been mentioned yet..Billet engine package consisting of all fluid caps ,radiator cover ,strut caps,a/c caps,dipstick,and anything else I may have forgotten.
while were at it, A braided hose kit pre cut to fit all hoses that need to be covered...Now that would be the shiznit
Old 10/6/06, 07:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by StillenMustang07
If we could do a 4-piston caliper with a 13†cross-drilled rotor (1 piece rotor) front brake system for $1400 - $1600 would that be appealing?
I'm in on this one. I was getting ready to drop the $770 for the Stoptech kit, but it's more for appearances. I'll spend an additional $700-$800 for a 4-piston/13" cross-drilled rotor kit. Appearance and performance at the same time without selling the bank. I'd love one of the other kits, but starting at about $2500 is a bit much.

Also, how about a LT headers with highflow cats and an H-pipe. I'm not seeing a big enough difference in performance numbers between the H and X pipe to sacrifice the sound of the H pipe. Most companies are offering the X.

Thanks for allowing us to flow our ideas...Great way to capture interest in the company!!!
Old 10/6/06, 10:29 AM
V6 Member

What about a duck bill spoiler similar to the SSE piece, but one that uses the factory holes? I personally like the duck bill look, but to me the Cervini is toooooooo tall. Also, we have received a lot of interest on the "blank grille". I need to know who would be willing to pay $170-180 for one?

Thanks

Brian
I would be very interested in the idea of the spoiler and I agree with StangNut pretty much verbaitam. It needs to be flush anywhere it meets the body, including the deck lid.

Originally Posted by Boltzman
not sure if this has been mentioned yet..Billet engine package consisting of all fluid caps ,radiator cover ,strut caps,a/c caps,dipstick,and anything else I may have forgotten.
while were at it, A braided hose kit pre cut to fit all hoses that need to be covered...Now that would be the shiznit
I think this is a great idea too. I would prefer aluminum to actual chrome though. Perhaps offer two versions (brushed and polished aluminum).

I would be all over the braided hose kit provided the price is right.
(I.e. I will buy it if you offer it.)
Old 10/6/06, 01:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

A 4 piston 13 piece rear Big Brake Kit for under $2k would be amazing!!
Old 10/6/06, 01:26 PM
FR500 Member

Cams Cams Cams
Old 10/6/06, 07:51 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Brian ,how long before we see any of these siggestions..My car is getting older by the minute
Old 10/6/06, 08:12 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah. And so are you.
(hey wait a minute, so am I... and my car. )
Old 10/9/06, 08:36 AM
Authorized Advertiser

Well, the products that we have discussed might take a little time, but we are very close to releasing our fully adjustable swaybar kit. When I say fully adjustable, I mean both the front and rear are adjustable. These bars will have an adjustment range far greater than anything currently available. I’ll probably start another thread with the specifics.
Old 1/1/07, 09:42 PM
V6 Member

Thanks

Brian
1 - Blank honeycomb grille for the GT
2 - Hood with the heat extractors like the 68 GT/CS or 3D Carbon Boy Racer
3 - Overhead console integrated with existing piece. Factory matched color necessary. I really liked the one in my 2000 F-150 because it had a compass & temp display, plus a places for sunglasses and a garage door opener compartment.