2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Stillen Sportsparts wants to hear from you

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/06, 03:32 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
See that's the beauty of the "blank" grille. I could use it with nothing on it at all and you could buy the exact same grille and put foglights in it. AND you could put them anywhere you want: factory location, center, or somewhere in between.
Old 9/8/06, 03:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StillenMustang07
What do you think of the SSE Grille? It has the same honeycomb pattern of the factory grille, but does away with the pony. It also moves the fogs closer toward the center.
I like it, no one has developed a plain honeycomb grille without anything, or just one with the fogs in the stock position, I think both would be a smart design choice.

I have always liked the grilles you have made for the G35/350z, but I think you need to stick with the honeycomb plastic and then move towards billet and mesh grilles, that dont really resemble what else is on the market. In my opinion there are way to many billet grilles, and not enough high quality mesh grilles...
Old 9/8/06, 03:38 PM

The SSE grille is the best center fog grille on the market right now. (I assume you're talking about the OE style that just came out as opposed to the first one they had made from a mesh screen)

IMO, they could have sold many, many more grilles, if they would have made the "blank" grille because they would have sold grilles to most or all of the people that are buying their new grille,
PLUS anyone who wants a grille with nothing on it,
PLUS people who want the foglights in the factory location, but don't want the pony in there,
PLUS the ones that don't want the foglights at all, but want to keep the pony. (V6 style, since the GT and V6 grilles are different shapes & sizes)

I don't know much about business or manufacturing, but it seems to me making one product that sells to 100 people is better than making one that sells to 20.
Old 9/8/06, 05:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm on board with the others with a new 281 badge, modeled exactly like the ones on the Gen I Mustangs. That woud be great to add to our cars.
Old 9/8/06, 05:21 PM
Bullitt Member

blank honeycomb grill would be a terrific idea for the GT AND v6 mustangs!
Old 9/8/06, 05:24 PM

Ah. A performance part. (well the Hurst handle idea was sort-of a performance part)
How about a CAI that actually takes in cold air? (also needs to look OEM)
Old 9/8/06, 05:34 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Why does it need to have an OEM appearance? We have a couple of ideas for a CAI that is a huge departure from what everyone else is doing, but it hardly looks like an OE piece. Would this present a problem?
Old 9/8/06, 05:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a chance to drop by Stillen last October right before SEMA while Mike from SSE had his cars over there. Cool place and cool company. I'm eager to see what they come out with for our cars! Welcome to TMS!

Kris
Old 9/8/06, 05:46 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Thanks Kris

I think the Mustang community will be pleasantly surprised with our soon to be released products. However, that doesn’t mean that we have our minds set on a few specific parts. So any ideas that you have… please keep them coming.
Old 9/8/06, 05:53 PM
GT Member

Hey Brian, I was checking out the products you already have listed on your website for Mustangs. Are the side mirrors you have listed there full replacement mirrors or do they use the factory housing? If they are full replacements, are any of them break-away design mirrors?

The fixed mirrors have always bugged me about Mustangs ('03 and '04 Cobras excepted). Don't know why, they just have. They look cheap, I guess.
Old 9/8/06, 06:02 PM
Authorized Advertiser

They are complete replacement mirrors, but they are not the “break away†type. That is an interesting concept though. The mirrors on our website are actually made by Street Scene. I’ll shoot the “break away†concept by them.
Old 9/8/06, 10:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
These cars are in serious need of storage. how about an overhead console wiht an OEM look, nothing cheesy. I also need a place to store my cell phone (Palm Treo...so it's not small) other than the cup holders.

And I am also looking for a taller shift ****, something that isn't just a tall shaft. Something with a rounded **** at the top would be great.
Old 9/9/06, 07:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Brian,

Be sure to post up a video or sound clip of what the exhaust sounds like.

You guys did a good job on the exhaust for 350Zs, it was one of the few for that car that had a deep sound to it.

I just hope it doesn't cost near as much. (I don't imagine it will, 350Z/G35 market is much smaller)

I'm trying to think of some items that you made for the 350Z that interested me, and especially those that there are room for in the Mustang market. If I think of any, i'll post them up.
Old 9/9/06, 08:45 AM
Authorized Advertiser

The Nissan exhaust was fairly involved. The Mustang exhaust routing is really straightforward. We don’t have pricing or a sound clip yet, but when I do I’ll definitely post them for everybody.

What about shifters? It sounds like the tri ax has lost ground to the hurst piece. Why is that? What is everyone looking for in a replacement shifter?

Remember we can manufacture just about everything.
Old 9/9/06, 11:39 AM
Number Cruncher

Originally Posted by StillenMustang07
Why does it need to have an OEM appearance? We have a couple of ideas for a CAI that is a huge departure from what everyone else is doing, but it hardly looks like an OE piece. Would this present a problem?
A CAI that sucks air from someplace besides a hot engine compartment?
I'd buy that.
(Doesn't have to look OE as long as it's a clean and free-flowing install.)
Old 9/9/06, 01:25 PM

Brian, if you could talk to AP Brakes, I wish they made a less expensive kit. Nearly 3k is tough for me.

I think the Hurst shifter is so appealing due to it's old school looks and the Hurst name being so synonymous with Muscle Cars.
Old 9/9/06, 02:37 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ghettobooty
blank honeycomb grill would be a terrific idea for the GT AND v6 mustangs!
Let me elaborate on that. A blank honeycomb grill with the honeycombs 1/2 the size and completly arrid , as well as the places to re-install the fog lamps in their origonal spots.
Old 9/9/06, 03:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
No, thats an extremely 'cheap' looking badge.
Old 9/9/06, 04:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

I second the idea of an overhead console.
Old 9/9/06, 04:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Overhead console idea would be great- as long as it's factory looking. Needs to have either a lip on the opening or a door of some type, so when you launch the car hard your stuff doesn't come flying out and nail you in the face. Would have to integrate the factory lighting, and maybe have an accessory outlet.

Also, I would kill for a ducktail spoiler similar to the current StreetScenes piece, BUT that would cover the factory spoiler holes. There is not much out there spoiler wise, that covers the factory holes except for the Cervini's (too big IMO) and the GT500 (not really my idea of a ducktail).

And while I'm at it, a replacement dash pad that had a gauge pod molded into it- something to almost mirror the stand-alone CDC piece, but would look much more like a factory option rather than just a tape-on piece. Maybe workout a credit if you send in your stock dashpad when purchasing the new piece, you get a discount.....

Thanks,

Tom

Quick Reply: Stillen Sportsparts wants to hear from you