2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So I go to the dealer...(quite a read)

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/07, 10:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, never go back there again. I can't beleive he asked your friend to quite down. I would have swiftly kicked him in the nuts. This is total bull****. As a service to other people in the Jersey area I think you should post the dealership's name and location so everyone steers clear of it.
Old 7/27/07, 08:31 AM
Bullitt Member

My suggestions:

1. Read "Don't Get Taken Every Time" by Remar Sutton for future reference.

2. Seriously consider using your X-Plan to buy your brand new Mustang with exactly the options you want. We did and we're very happy with our Mustang and the deal we got.

3. If you belong to a credit union, consider getting your new car loan through them. Shop and compare for the best financing deal. We got a new car loan through our credit union because the interest rate was so low even though we could have paid cash.

Good luck!
Old 7/27/07, 09:55 AM
Cobra Member

We warned you! You have to remove all emotion from the deal. Even if it's the car you HAVE TO HAVE, don't let emotion get in the way. And don't tolerate them tying you up for hours either. Just get up and walk.
Old 7/27/07, 10:13 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What Jerks!

Glad you left that place. good luck finding the perfect one.
(I despise salespersons, at least, most of the ones I've encountered.)
Old 7/27/07, 12:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by zaghloul
Dude, never go back there again. I can't beleive he asked your friend to quite down. I would have swiftly kicked him in the nuts. This is total bull****. As a service to other people in the Jersey area I think you should post the dealership's name and location so everyone steers clear of it.
+1 to never going back there again. The MANAGER is equally as scummy as the sales person, they will NOT cut you a deal. If you go back you will show weakness for that particular car, and they'll hang you with some crap like a free T-shirt or an oil change if you bow down to their ripoff terms.

If they REALLY want to sell you the car they'll call you up with a deal FIRST prior to going down there. (and beg a little in the bargain)

You should just go new. Better financing, possible rebates, X plan, no lies about the car's history, AND you get the car you want, complete with YOUR options and that new car smell!
Old 7/27/07, 12:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey dude, if you want me to either try to find you a GT on a dealer's lot, or order you a 2008, please feel free to PM me or give me a call. I'll take X-Plan, and your in Jersey, and we aren't far away from you. I'll be glad to help.
Old 7/27/07, 04:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I appreciate everyones feedback.

I would blast the dealer on this forum by shouting their name and location, but my gf uncle works there and I don't think that's fair to him. Plus it was just one bad apple and a subpar manager. But I don't think I will be going back there again.

I think I'm going to order an 08. For one it's going to be difficult to find the GT how I want it, and I only am buying this car once so I might as well get it HOW I want it right?

OH you guys will love this though. The ******* called me today, I sent him to voicemail. He goes, "I'm just calling to see if you may have changed your mind about the car or if you just want to order a new one, I'll sit with you and we'll order it. If I don't hear from you I'll assume you don't want the car." This guy has GOT to be out of his friggin mind!!! Yeah I didn't call back obviously.
Old 7/27/07, 06:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by viiStang

I would blast the dealer on this forum by shouting their name and location, but my gf uncle works there and I don't think that's fair to him. Plus it was just one bad apple and a subpar manager. But I don't think I will be going back there again.

I think I'm going to order an 08. For one it's going to be difficult to find the GT how I want it, and I only am buying this car once so I might as well get it HOW I want it right?

OH you guys will love this though. The ******* called me today, I sent him to voicemail. He goes, "I'm just calling to see if you may have changed your mind about the car or if you just want to order a new one, I'll sit with you and we'll order it. If I don't hear from you I'll assume you don't want the car." This guy has GOT to be out of his friggin mind!!! Yeah I didn't call back obviously.
That dealer give my profession a bad name. PM me your specs, and I'll send you a price under X-Plan on an order. Believe me, I won't BS ya. Ask AFBlue, Vistablue Mustang, and many other members.
Old 7/27/07, 09:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by viiStang

Call him back and tell him you definitely want it. Then set a day that you'll be in. Of course you won't actually be going. Then wait for him to call and let him leave a couple of voicemails (trust me, he will). Call him back a couple days later and tell him something came up, but you'll definitely be there tomorrow. You might want to throw in that you talked to your bank and you got approved for a loan. Repeat the cycle a couple times until he leaves you an irrate message. Then you can consider yourself even.
Old 7/28/07, 08:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow they are some stupid SOB's dont they want customers? guess not. that ****es me off. are they a large valume dealer? if so i can kinda see why, but still. dont go back there
Old 7/30/07, 05:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Alllllrighty then, so I go to a different dealer....

Guy I grew up with is a salesman at this dealer so at least I know this guy ain't going to stick it to me. I went over an 08 GT Manual order with him with the following options.

INT Upgrade PKG
Active Anti-Theft
3.55 LTD Slip
HID Lights
Comfort Group
GT APP Package
18" Fanblades

With xplan this comes out to about $28950. Not bad but I can drop $575 but scrapping the comfort group, and another $525 for the HID lights. Don't care about the comfort group but the HID's.... I want em but, I know I can do without em...
Old 7/30/07, 05:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
I tell ya I really think zero for 60 months is right around the corner on an 07. You can get the car you want for lots less. Don't know about the hid lights tho
Old 7/30/07, 06:09 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Yeah, wait another month or so and I think you can get a really good deal on a 07!

Originally Posted by Glenn
I tell ya I really think zero for 60 months is right around the corner on an 07. You can get the car you want for lots less. Don't know about the hid lights tho
Old 7/30/07, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Sounds like a steal, get it if it is the car you want!
Old 7/31/07, 07:30 AM
Cobra Member

or you could wait 5 years and get it for $18k
Old 7/31/07, 10:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

lol I responded to page 1, EDIT: what ********

And those extra options cost about $20 a month all said and done, or $.80 a day. Comfort group is the mirror($450) dual power seats( passenger power seat $800+??) and heated seats($500) to add later, HID's will cost at least $1100 to add the factory ones later. Get what you want when its new, you have 8 weeks to save up for the extra bling anyway.
Old 7/31/07, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
lol I responded to page 1, EDIT: what ********

And those extra options cost about $20 a month all said and done, or $.80 a day. Comfort group is the mirror($450) dual power seats( passenger power seat $800+??) and heated seats($500) to add later, HID's will cost at least $1100 to add the factory ones later. Get what you want when its new, you have 8 weeks to save up for the extra bling anyway.
Good edit, I was re-read your original post 3 times and was like WTF is he talking about??

On a side note, does anyone know if Ford Credit is offering 5.9% APR on 2008 Mustangs for 60 month? The sales guy said it did but if I was too order one buy the time it got here the interest rate would be different. He said he didn't know if it would stay the same but it "shouldn't" get higher. I have NO clue how he would guess this....
Old 7/31/07, 05:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

If you order a car you can probably join a credit union and get it in the 5's anytime, and keep any rebate they offer.
Old 8/2/07, 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

The day my lil pony was conceived...

Well folks, after a horrible experience at one dealer I thought it was a bad omen that I would never get this car. I've been chasing this running horse for 4 years now, ever since I saw the concept pictures of the 2005 redesign. I've been creaming over the dual exaust that my friend had on his mustangs from 90-93. The monster I was never going to capture myself. I never thought that I was destined to have this car, and was going to drive 4 bangers for the rest of my life. Only settling for par, for what was on my plate.

After waiting anxiously to see if certain things fell into place properly. After deciding NOT to settle and to grasp what's rightfully mine... I have finally, after all this time, placed an order for a 2008 Stang GT. We only live once, and I sure as hell am not going to die without riding this horse!

The waiting begins...
Old 8/2/07, 06:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts

Congrats

Quick Reply: So I go to the dealer...(quite a read)