2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So I go to the dealer...(quite a read)

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/07, 08:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If the pregnant woman story is correct won't a Carfax report show that there is a previous owner instead of the dealer/Ford?
Old 7/24/07, 08:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
If the pregnant woman story is correct won't a Carfax report show that there is a previous owner instead of the dealer/Ford?
It should, if there has been time enough for all the paperwork to go through the system.
Old 7/24/07, 09:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I gotta talk to the guy this week. I want to go over exactly what that car has in it, if I can add what I want and see how much they'll give me for my trade in. As per kbb for a good condition private sale I can get $7800 for it on the street, but I doubt the dealer will come close to that.
Old 7/24/07, 09:25 PM
Cobra Member

Good luck getting the dealer to give you the low end of trade-in value. I still don't think there's enough of a discount to go with this car over a new one. As mentioned you'll pay much more for financing on used vs. new. I'm also super suspicious of the back story about the car.
Old 7/24/07, 09:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah that story is shady, as I mentioned before hopefully my gf's uncle can help me out with the truth to that.

If I did get a new 2007, couldn't I use my Xplan, AND the cash incentive deals? If so that would get it **** near close to the price of this used one.
Old 7/24/07, 09:38 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by viiStang
Yeah that story is shady, as I mentioned before hopefully my gf's uncle can help me out with the truth to that.

If I did get a new 2007, couldn't I use my Xplan, AND the cash incentive deals? If so that would get it **** near close to the price of this used one.
Yep, you are entitled to all consumer incentives when you use X-plan. When I bought my wife's Expedition a couple weeks ago there was even a $500 X-plan rebate on top of the $2,007 rebate. I'll bet it's been renewed and is still being offered.
Old 7/25/07, 07:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RobK
Yep, you are entitled to all consumer incentives when you use X-plan. When I bought my wife's Expedition a couple weeks ago there was even a $500 X-plan rebate on top of the $2,007 rebate. I'll bet it's been renewed and is still being offered.
Currently in my region, there is either a 3.9% APR for 60 month OR a $1,500 rebate. The rebate Rob mentioned above was for the Expy.
Old 7/25/07, 03:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Gentlemen, so the story continues.

Ok I get the skinny on the REAL story on the car today from my gf's uncle. As you all have guess, the preggo lady was BS!

Apparently the car was bought by a young kid who couldn't afford the insurrance on it. So he traded it in for something cheaper. Then the car was going to be sold a second time to someone else and same thing, insurrance was alot on it and they decided to retract their deposit.

So that being said, I'm calling my insurrance just to see how much this car will be on it, hopefully it won't be dramtically more than what I'm paying now. Tomorrow I have an appointment to meet with the sales rep and offcially go over the car, inspect, they'll inspect my car and so forth, then we'll see what happens.
Old 7/25/07, 05:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
good luck and remember some one lied to you ..... that should be worth at least 500 bucks off
Old 7/25/07, 05:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
good luck and remember some one lied to you ..... that should be worth at least 500 bucks off
*I* would say "remember that someone lied to you... NOW RUN AWAY!!!"
Old 7/25/07, 06:49 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
*I* would say "remember that someone lied to you... NOW RUN AWAY!!!"
+1 At the very least DON'T deal with the guy that lied to you. Go to the GM and ask to work with someone else.
Old 7/25/07, 07:01 PM

low ball em @ 22K
Old 7/25/07, 10:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by michaelkulov
low ball em @ 22K
Yeah that'd be nice.

Well since the car has the stock GT wheels and I want the fanblades I'm going to go for something like, you guys swap the fanblades on, put on the hoodscoop and I'll give you $23K for that lie and we'll call it a day. It's a long stretch but it's worth a shot. I at least hope they can give me the fanblades.

Hood scoop, I just hope that's not hard to get aftermarket on there if worse comes to worse nor expensive....
Old 7/25/07, 11:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Don't get your gf's uncle in trouble though... The dealership might not look to kindly on this.
Old 7/26/07, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

So I'm back from the dealer and I must say it sorta panned out how I expected, with some action...

In an attempt to make a long story short, we begin by the salesman asking me what I want for my car. I say I want $6000. He comes back and says we can give you $5000, and the car for $24500, final offer. So then I ask for a car fax and said yeah no problem, how are we gonna finance this. That part was irrlevant, fast forward to the fun part.

Over an hour goes by and still no car fax, so I'm like what's goin on? He's like we're working on it, then I try to tell him, I want wither $5500 for my car or $24000 for the stang. He leaves the desk (meanwhile he's taking his sweet *** time) then comes back and is that price is firm, they won't move. So I'm like I'm going to have to think about it, because it's still a good price with the fanblades and the scoop. Well well, he even says again out side as we're looking at the car, yeah hood scoop, fan blades and this car for $24500 is a great deal.

So I ask for the Carfax and he says why you want to see it, still almost 2 hours no carfax I said either I see it or I'm not buying anything. So finally they bring me into the office to see it online, they said it won't print for some reason which was shady to me. And I saw that there was nothing shady from what it seemed. No accidents, it just said it had a previous owner and it was traded into the dealer, no name nothing of the previous buyer. I just find it strange why he was pushing off the carfax. I'm almost tempted to run it myself now, but after all this nonsense not worth it....

So we get inside I'm wrapping up and he wants me to sign a contract for the deposit, but it's not the ACTUAL sales contract, it just has what the price will be after taxes and what not, the deposit amount etc. I asked him this doesn't mean I'm REQUIRED or in any way BINDED to buy this car. He said no this isn't the final paperwork, and even another customer service rep confirmed this, that I wasn't binded to the car by signing this document. So I said ok let me sign this, and see what my bank says about a loan. He said you have 48 hrs to cancel the whole thing , deposit refuneded end of story.

Now he gets the accessories guy to come with the brochure and I ask, where's the fanblades? He says that is from the factory I can order it but it'd be more money, I then said WHAAAAAAAT? The salesman said the fanblades were going to be swapped for 24.5. Saleman then said I never said that I said that's an accessory, well BS. I had my friend there and we heard him say that it was all going to be done for that price before. I said this is rediculous, I want to cancel this deal right now, let's void this contract and give me my deposit back. After I sign this FIXED price on paper thinking I'm getting those accesories, NOW he says it's extra? So then the salesrep got all ****y and came back with that contract wrote cancelled on the front and I signed that line and I signed my deposit refund. He also brought the manager to see why I didn't want to buy it, I said I was under the impression that the wheels and scoop where included in the final cost, he said no because it was preowned. So my friend who was there said we understand that but that's not what we were told, then the manager goes, "excuse me are you buying the car?" my friend goes "no hes is", "then can you let me talk to him please?" That was out of line in my book. So that's that got my voided deposit receipt and left.

Lo and behold, the salesman was an jerk and lied. The manager was out of line and also a jerk. So now I don't think I can go back to that dealer, although my gf's uncle recomneded a different salesman for me, but who knows. They honestly think I would pay $25200 after taxes and stuff, THEN buy the wheels and scoop. We're talking BRAND NEW 08 GT category here. It was a waste of time and leaves me to believe that there are no dealers out there that won't have d-bag salesman to try to stick it to you...

All in all, this was my first time doing a potential car buy on my own with out my old man there. I think I learned a good lesson and got some experience on when I move to the next dealer, whether it be Ford, GMC, whatever is still up in the air.

THE END
Old 7/26/07, 08:13 PM
V6 Member

if i had the $, i'd pay you $24,500 to stay away from that dealer. please do not go back unless you want to waste more of your time.
Old 7/26/07, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by spooky
if i had the $, i'd pay you $24,500 to stay away from that dealer. please do not go back unless you want to waste more of your time.

I agree. But I just want to see what he's going to do, I don't want to disrespect the guy. He put in a word, unfortunately I got the wrong d-bag salesman, but we'll see.
Old 7/26/07, 08:40 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by viiStang
So I'm back from the dealer and I must say it sorta panned out how I expected, with some action...
It was a waste of time and leaves me to believe that there are no dealers out there that won't have d-bag salesman to try to stick it to you...
There are no managers out there that won't have a dirbag salesman try to stick it to you. Some owners try not to let it happen (one or two).
They still want to sell you a car. If you come back next week (July 30 or 31) they may start singing your song at the end of the month.
Managers live month to month.
It all depends on how much "fun" you want to have with them.
Old 7/26/07, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That's too bad, there are too many shady salespeople out there. In another life I sold cars for a couple years and most of the sales people I worked with were fair and honest.

On the other end however was this one guy that greeted my wife as she was coming to see me for lunch. He thought she was a customer and when she asked for me by name he said "no he's not here today", she said "really, I'm meeting him for lunch, isn't that him over there?"

So you see some salespeople are will screw customers and co-workers alike.
Old 7/26/07, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

That's insane. I mean I don't want to sound like a sour guy. "Poor me I hate salesman".

I mean this guy was legitametly a *****. He didn't even know who made Jetta's when I told him I owned a Jetta. Then when we went outside he didn't even know what it looked like. Also I knew that it was going to be bad when I saw his name on his business card was written over whiteout....

Quick Reply: So I go to the dealer...(quite a read)