2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Quandry about the '05.

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/04, 05:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
About the Blazing Copper, just go to a bodyshop and have it painted on!
Old 8/5/04, 05:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLAZING COPPER? :scratch:

And people think I am crazy.

You need a racing strip on blazing copper though. B)

I have to get back to my black helicopters now.
Old 8/5/04, 06:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Well, thanks to all for not beatin' me up too much about my post. It is sincerely appreciated.

And of course, the Blazing Copper could just as well be Emberglo (anyone see that 'chop? That was awesome.) or Candy Apple Red. Or Autumn Orange. Or...

In any case, sure, I *could* go paint it. Anyone want to guesstimate how much extra that'd be (Think 4 digits, and the first one is somewhere north of 2. To do it right, of course...) whereas if Ford would just use one of their own current company colors, albiet not model specific (yet) for free (edit: whoops!) or maybe charge a small fee for it... Well you get the idea. Hey Calypso Coral. Nice. I'd take that too.

I'm supposing turning a tan/gray/"black" cloth interior to all red might also be rather 'spensive... me no made a moneh, ya kno. But I actually could probably do *that* myself. Just the seat covers would be a problem. Maybe I can learn to sew and stuff. :stubborn:

Anyway, yeah, I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Thanks again for not pummelling me 'bout it, and for "listening." I still think the '05 is a home run for Ford, and 180,000 won't be enough...

Oh, and Kev? That was teh funnie. But stick with your other career.
Old 8/5/04, 09:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Stadifer@August 5, 2004, 9:46 AM
You don't really notice the mirrors in person... But they would be better if keyed to the body color (something to be done aftermarket). One thing I'm going to do is buy the regular cloth seats, then down the road have them re-upholstered with that light blue leather from the photo-shopped picture (getting windveil blue).

Just get a black car
Old 8/5/04, 09:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

cripes houtex, JUST wait untill they are out and go to the dealer. You cant pre-shop women either(unless you want a Russian bride), you just get struck with the 'one'. As much as I deal with cars, I still have NO idea exactly what color to get either, I'll just keep taking them to lunch every day untill one strikes me

75+% of people I meet do NOT buy the color they said they came in to look at.
Old 8/6/04, 12:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by houtex@August 5, 2004, 6:39 PM
To do it right, of course...) whereas if Ford would just use one of their own current company colors, albiet not model specific (yet) for free (edit: whoops!) or maybe charge a small fee for it...
It amazes me that so few companies do this. You can get your new BMW or Mercedes in ANY color you want, even if it's Barbie Pink or whatever. They call it Sunderwunschlackierung, costs about $1000 extra and you have to wait about 2 months extra. I wish all car companies would do this.
Old 8/6/04, 12:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Eric B+August 6, 2004, 12:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Eric B @ August 6, 2004, 12:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-houtex@August 5, 2004, 6:39 PM
To do it right, of course...) whereas if Ford would just use one of their own current company colors, albiet not model specific (yet) for free (edit: whoops!) or maybe charge a small fee for it...
It amazes me that so few companies do this. You can get your new BMW or Mercedes in ANY color you want, even if it's Barbie Pink or whatever. They call it Sunderwunschlackierung, costs about $1000 extra and you have to wait about 2 months extra. I wish all car companies would do this. [/b][/quote]
Yeah that's actually a good deal considering the costs involved for the company.

As far as being happy you can't please everyone totally. I am happy with that car. I am problably going with torch red. If I can hold of til 06 I'll get titanium and 18's if it's available. To me there is nothing that compares to this car. Great looking, great quality, lots of HP's all for under 25k? You can't beat that.
Old 8/6/04, 08:48 AM
GT Member

May be wrong,,,,,,,but didnt GM have the custom paint option bout 10 years ago????

Also,,,,,Whatever happened to the faded two-tone colors,,,,,,,,they were everywhere on cars and trucks,,,,,,and then just disapeard,,,,,
Old 8/6/04, 08:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@August 5, 2004, 9:12 PM
cripes houtex, JUST wait untill they are out and go to the dealer. You cant pre-shop women either(unless you want a Russian bride), you just get struck with the 'one'. As much as I deal with cars, I still have NO idea exactly what color to get either, I'll just keep taking them to lunch every day untill one strikes me

Hey Kev. I gots a couple of questions.

Do they come in for a color and not get it because you don't have it, or because they genuinely all of a sudden liked whatever color it was?

And secondly, are you offering me free rides in new cars at lunch until I like one? 'Cause that's a pretty good deal, expecially since you're in VA, and I'm in TX. 'Course that may be a LOT of rides, seeing as how picky I apparently are...

I doubt anyone around here would do that for me. Thanks, Kev! You da man. So how do we work that out exactly?

Old 8/6/04, 01:56 PM
CWP
V6 Member

Hey houtex, DOn't worry, hang with things it's all alright.

Hangin' out, Down the street, the same old thing, we did last week, Not a thing to doo, but TALK to youu, we're all alright, we're allright,
HELLO WISCONSIN!!! :rock:
Old 8/6/04, 08:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by houtex+August 6, 2004, 9:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (houtex @ August 6, 2004, 9:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kevinb120@August 5, 2004, 9:12 PM

Hey Kev. I gots a couple of questions.

Do they come in for a color and not get it because you don't have it, or because they genuinely all of a sudden liked whatever color it was?

And secondly, are you offering me free rides in new cars at lunch until I like one? 'Cause that's a pretty good deal, expecially since you're in VA, and I'm in TX. 'Course that may be a LOT of rides, seeing as how picky I apparently are...

I doubt anyone around here would do that for me. Thanks, Kev! You da man. So how do we work that out exactly?

[/b][/quote]
People think they want this or that, then they come in and TOUCH something right in front of them they can take home. I've 180'd on colors quite a few times over the years myself. Any vehicle that is in full production swing we will have everything in stock 95% of the time(usually up to 200 in-stock mustangs each spring).

Ya man, cars are ment to be driven, no harsh stuff though. If I buy one right away feel free to beat up on mine though

I kinda-sorta may wait to see what the word is on SE's though. :scratch:
Old 8/6/04, 10:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, I don't think I know... uh, that is... I don't think, I know...

Yeah, that's it. Anyway, my color combo choices and desire for fabric are not "du jour" things for me. I know wherefore I speak on my desires, and will not be swayed by inferior (to me) choices. Or something. Here's why:

The white with ALL red desire is because of my 1966 Mustang 6 cylinder, which I rebuilt, painted '88 Oxford White with '66 T-code Red engine compartment, interior, and trunk, and put '88 GT Hatchback cloth seats, complete with fold downs in the back. (I sure miss that car. I hear it was wrecked in a field in Indiana some whiles after I sold it. ) So getting an '05 to look similar with it's lines to my old '66 is why that would be great. That, and I wouldn't be as paranoid to drive the thing.

The Emberglo/Bronze/Copper/Autumn Orange/??? color with the tan interior is because we (well, my dad, anyway) was gonna rebuild his '65 Pre GT-GT Mustang convertible with that color combo. And having seen other cars that look like that, well, that has always been my favorite combo. My old T-Bird was bronze too, so there's that, but it had bronze interior as well.

The cloth? I'm in Houston. I already have a leather filled car. No thanks, never again, I'll always have cloth seats in the future in my cars, thankyaverramuch.

So ya see, I'm not in that "flipflop" crowd. Siphons with great vaccum for me, as I'm unwilling to go all "supercustommod" on a new car. Oh well. That's why I'm still drivin' my hoopty Lincoln, I guess...

/wishes he weren't so picky, but then wouldn't be himself, would he?
Old 8/7/04, 09:45 AM
FR500 Member

............no complaints for the car here.........even if i sae something i didnt like id convince myself to like it cuz from the moment i saw this car i fell in love......u know kinda like if ur in love wit an ugly chick u find everything good about them and love them for that not cuz how they look...........hey they probably 'perform' well LOL
Old 8/25/04, 07:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I understand houtex. I was 21. Free, having fun, out of college, and broke. I had a '66 convertible, Emberglo with a copper/cream interior and chocolate ponies on the deluxe seats. The previous owner wouldn't tell me what he'd done to that 289, but it ran like a cobra jet, and handled great. I would cruise through town and girls would run up and ask for a ride. I had to sell it to keep up with rent. :bang: It was that or move back home with my parents. I only got $3400 out of it (this was '84). If the '05 came in Emberglo, (with little ponies on the seats?) no price could keep me from getting one. I saw a photoshopped red convertible on another thread and I could've just cried. My God that was beautiful! There's nothing like a 'stang!!! :worship: