2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Quandry about the '05.

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/04, 08:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Unhappy

/slight whining ensues, but at least it's about the '05.

As I type this, I have issues. Doesn't everyone, sure, but still.

I LOVE the new shape of the '05 Mustang. Everything about it is wonderful. Sure there are a few nits I could pick, but they're easily fixed (grille w/o fogs, remove the emblems, change the GT "gascap", that sort of thing.) And the little things I'd have to do are not hard, relatively inexpensive, and when done would make me very very happy.

And the performance aspects, suspension, engine, tranny, etc, all that's good stuff for me as well. I'd take it stock, and be very very happy.

However, some of the choices I have for the '05 are not the ones I want. The outside colors are merely ok, but don't strike the "I gotta have that" in me. The interior colors are the same. The red is not terrible, but I really dislike the black (ok, dark charcoal) the rest of the interior has. Plus, it's leather only that route, which is really not acceptable to me. Leather makes me very very unhappy.

I know I sound like I'm complaining, and perhaps I am, but I really feel just a bit left out, I suppose. And that's kinda makin' me very very unhappy.

It's not like they couldn't paint a few the '05 Foci Blazing Copper color, right? That's all I'd ask. Then it's the tan cloth interior, and I'm all done, and very very happy.

OR, they could make an all red cloth interior (they used to, ya know) and that would cinch the Performance White outside. And I'd be very very happy.

But it's compromise city. That, or spend major $$ to get it right for me. Hence my quandry. Woe is me... Or, I'm very very unhappy about that.

Am I sick or something? I mean, what's the matter with me that I can't love the 'Stang as it is offered? Is it wrong of me to be challenged with my emotional baggage regarding this? Am I too self centered? Must I wait STILL until they get it "right" for me, in future years? And how long must I endure before they produce my perfect new Mustang? (It's not like it's impossible. It's just freakin' colors, yo.)

(Sigh.) Ok, thanks for reading. Back to brighter messages. I promise not to do another one like this.

Oh yeah, otherwise, I'm pretty much very very happy 'bout things, thanks.
Old 8/4/04, 09:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note-for-note
Don't worry, be happy
In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry, you make it double
Don't worry, be happy Don't worry, be happy now

Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo hoo-hoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-woo-oo-woo-oo-ooo Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo hoo-hoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Be happy
Woo-oo-woo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The landlord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, (ha-ha ha-ha ha-ha) be happy (look at me, I'm happy)

Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Be happy
Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo (Here, I'll give you my phone number. When you're
worried, call me. I'll make you happy.)
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo

Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got no gal to make you smile
But don't worry, be happy
'Cause when you're worried, your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy Don't worry, be happy now

Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry

Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo Be happy

Now there, is this song I wrote
I hope you learned it note-for-note, like good little children
Don't worry, be happy
A-listen to a-what I say
In your life, expect some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy, be happy now

Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Be happy

Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't do it, be happy
Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Put a smile on your face
Don't bring everybody down like
this
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo It will soon pass, whatever it
is
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

(fading...)
Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo I'm not worried
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo I'm happy
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-ooo
Old 8/4/04, 09:13 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's gonna be OK...
Old 8/4/04, 09:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Tan interior? You really are sick.
Old 8/4/04, 09:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

ok........kevin is officially banned from lyrics.com! LOL
and if they gave us every option we wanted then the price would be astronomical. and they would have 150,000 different vehicle combinations. i like the car as is. and the few things i want to change will help me make the car "mine" and then everyone cant have the same car b/c they checked the options i got.
Old 8/4/04, 09:45 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Easy 'Ma Brutha', just take a:

Seriously, we all have things we'd like to have/have differently with the 05. Maybe wait to check out these colours in person to see if any of them jump out at you. 2006MY will surely have a new colour or two as well. I'm glad you like the rest of the car though. Don't give up just yet, sometimes things grow on you.
Old 8/4/04, 09:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad the only things I have to complain about on the finished model is the unpainted, oversized mirrors and the goofy looking E-brake. If thats all I don't like about it then Ford did a really good job.

I guess I would pick the red interior because I am sick of having dark charcoal already. Not that big of a deal though. If I could ask them one question it would be, "why can't we have a true ebony interior again?"
Old 8/4/04, 09:54 PM
FR500 Member

Sounds to me like you are way too picky. I mean, come on... There are plenty of colors to choose from. And as far as interiors, most cars come with two. A least the Mustang has three, plus the red accent option. I got a song myself:

You can't always have what you want...
No, ya can't always have what ya want...
You can't always have what ya want...
But, if you try sometimes...
Ya might just find...
You get what ya need.
Old 8/4/04, 10:24 PM
GT Member

funny every time i see that song posted,,,,,,,

Its like the stones just wrote it for impatient stang buyers,,,,
Old 8/4/04, 10:52 PM

Seriously, it sounds like you should wait at least for 2006 changes. I am hanging in for the 2007 edition. My only beef is the huge truck sized exterior mirrors which is way out of proportion with rest of the car.
Old 8/4/04, 11:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

B) Kevin; has anyone ever told you that you are obviously tone deaf? Not once were you on key.
Old 8/4/04, 11:23 PM
Bullitt Member

stones are gonna sound good in my shaker 1000 concert hall!
Old 8/5/04, 03:12 AM
GT Member

Houtex,

So it isn't perfect for you. That's ok because it's not suppossed to be. It is a mass-production car aimed at a lot of people. I agree with you about the "lack" of color choices. (DHG would have awesome!) But, we take what we can get.

Fortunately, there is a huge after-market for Stangs and you can change anything from colors to performance. So, if you really want Blazing Copper, then go get it done and be happy with the only 05 Blazing Copper Stang! If you want a red cloth interior, then go get it done and be happy with the only 05 P. White Stang with red cloth interior! (Too bad you don't like leather because I think the P. White Stang with White leather interior would look awesome! Maybe even red piping...)

Count your blessings because your desires are much more readily attainable than those other fellas wanting IRS. Anyway, make it the way you want and be happy!!!
Old 8/5/04, 06:36 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by appaloosa@August 4, 2004, 11:55 PM
My only beef is the huge truck sized exterior mirrors which is way out of proportion with rest of the car.

The mirrors don't look bad at all in person

Houtex, if you are worried about colors, I am sure there will be a few more interesting ones in '06, you also get the bonus of 18" wheels being available.

I agree that they could have put a few more exciting colors in the pallete. But this is a new run, there will be new colors every year.
Old 8/5/04, 08:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

You don't really notice the mirrors in person... But they would be better if keyed to the body color (something to be done aftermarket). One thing I'm going to do is buy the regular cloth seats, then down the road have them re-upholstered with that light blue leather from the photo-shopped picture (getting windveil blue).

Old 8/5/04, 08:51 AM

Well OK, thanks for the feedback on the exterior mirrors. Guess I am just going to have to wait and see when they hit the local dealer lots
Old 8/5/04, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

I know the feeling. Back in 96 when I was getting ready to buy a new one they ditched yellow. Then when I had settled for something else they brought it back again :S

Custom paint however only makes sense when you plan on keeping the car for a long long time. Despite the $$$ you throw into it after the paintjob the worth of the car has actually dropped because it's not original anymore. So it will cost you double.

On the other hand if money's no object just go out and do it. There's nothing like a car that is just your taste and unique as well.
Old 8/5/04, 09:45 AM
GT Member

Buy the '05 and customize it to your tastes! I can't remember where I heard it, but someone said, "The Mustang is the best 7/8ths finished car on the market". I think that's true. Ford gives you the 7/8ths of the car and you supply the 1/8th needed to make it "yours"....
Old 8/5/04, 10:37 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Vermillion98@August 5, 2004, 11:48 AM
Buy the '05 and customize it to your tastes! I can't remember where I heard it, but someone said, "The Mustang is the best 7/8ths finished car on the market". I think that's true. Ford gives you the 7/8ths of the car and you supply the 1/8th needed to make it "yours"....
Cool way of looking at it. Mmmm..... You think Borla stingers will constitute more than 1/8th though? Could probably fool me.
Old 8/5/04, 04:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by woody1@August 4, 2004, 11:13 PM
B) Kevin; has anyone ever told you that you are obviously tone deaf? Not once were you on key.

Just be glad Henry ain't around cause then you would just get black.

Quick Reply: Quandry about the '05.