2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Pics of the '07 Vert

Search this Thread

Old 6/21/06, 09:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by steevr
Flash, many times it's the norm that cars that have auto headlights also have the autodim mirror, although the mirror does not control the headlights. The headlights have their own light sensor on top of the dash. That's why they warn you not to cover the dash with paper, etc. or your lights will be on all the time.
Uh, I guess it is possible that I am wrong about this, but the light sensors in the mirror of my '97 Mountaineer control my lights. There are no other sensors...
Old 6/22/06, 04:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

different headlights???????

Someone please explain the difference between the 05/06 when compared to the 07 headlights.

Question for 07 vert owner. Can you control your Ipod with the head unit?
Also if anyone has anymore general info on being able to use the ipods in the 07. i.e. Can it be charged, Is it something you can buy from ford and put in your 05/06.
Old 6/22/06, 06:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Someone please explain the difference between the 05/06 when compared to the 07 headlights.

Also if anyone has anymore general info on being able to use the ipods in the 07. i.e. Can it be charged, Is it something you can buy from ford and put in your 05/06.
Uh, the headlight topic was covered earlier in this thread I thought.

The Ipod jack is just a glorified headphone jack (you supply the male to male extension). Go to the Ford Fleet web site and look at the manual. You'll need a remote control for your unit or you will need to change tunes manually. It beats the situation that I have now with an FM broadcast unit attachment in that there should be no FM static.
Old 6/22/06, 06:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

This thread has some headlight pics I posted.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=48880
Old 6/22/06, 11:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

hmmm.....

Tks for the pics although I can't tell the difference. Oh well whatever it's not like the lights add any hp.
Old 6/23/06, 07:08 PM
Cobra Member

The new headlight has a faceted perimeter (inside the reflector), the older headlights don't. Steve said it gives it a slight halo effect when its on. Since those headlights are all the rage now, they may have changed it for that reason.
Old 6/23/06, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

While the faceted edge on the new reflectors looks nice, I was bummed that they got rid of the metal bulb shield. Reason being that Xenondepot.com is supposed to have their H13 HID retrofit kit available for the Mustang in two months. Without the shield (since the HID bulbs are not shielded themselves), blinding light is proably going to be thrown all over the place thus blinding oncoming drivers. Thanks, but no thanks.

Hey, any owners have the TMS car cover?? I'm trying to decide between that one and a California Car Cover. It would be used inside the garage only. Thanks.
Old 6/27/06, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

I have a California Car Cover, but mostly use it when my car is parked outside. I love it. Really good quality! Fits the car like a glove and mine is a vert also.
Old 6/27/06, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Newbreed,

Which model (name) of the CA. Car Cover do you have? I see there's a "Dustop" and a "Plushweave" now. Thanks.
Old 6/29/06, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by steevr
Hope the two don't fight in the garage tonight.
Nice Car.

I have a 07 GT Vert Redfire on order (ETA 1st week in August 06) and pretty much the same as you except with the Red Seats, GT App Pkg.

While I am waiting for it, I decided to convert the garage into a Corral Pony Room. People smiled at me and said, it is like you are setting up a nursey for a newborn. Funny, I guess it is. It just gives me so much pleasure to hang out in the Corral now, and lots of room for waxing and working. I bit the bullet and discarded all those un-necessary things out that were just hanging around for years taking up space.
Here is a pic of what it looks like now with my better halfs 05 Redfire Stang 5 sp manual, just relaxing out of the hot florida sun. So the room is ready, now for the car.
I like this color so much (redfire) that when I went to order mine, I order it in Black, and when I told the wife, she said, why did you order black when you like the red so much, so I said, I thought you would be upset if I got the same color as you, and she said, no, get the RedFire, soooooooooooooo I change the color to Redfire. This color is just so awesome and actually varies in various light conditions, from Red to Almost Maron in dusk and evening. On cloudy overcast days it has this fantastic mean looking colors that just deepen the driving mood.

My order:
2007 - GT Convertible Premium, Redfire, Leather Trim Buckets Crimson Red, Anti-Lock, Traction Control, 5 Speed Manual Tranny, 235/50/ZR18, 64W – 18” Bullit Polished alum Wheels, Cloth Vert Roof,
Interior Upgrade Package, Premium Trim Package (Black Floor mats, Pony Center Cap), Satin Panel, Active Anti Theft, Wheel Locking Kit, Front Seat Air Bags. GT Appearance Package (Hood Scope, GT Eng Cover, Chrome Rolled Exhaust Tips), Convertible Boot. 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio – Limited Slip on GT Man Tranny only.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of the '07 Vert-imgp1185a.jpg   Pics of the '07 Vert-imgp1187a.jpg  
Old 6/29/06, 01:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Very cool idea and looks great. Did you use floor tiles or ??

Bob
Old 6/29/06, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by BeBeep
Very cool idea and looks great. Did you use floor tiles or ??

Bob
The commerical (like you see in the Walmarts, Big Dept Stores, Commericial Facilities, Schools) 12x12 color thru floor tiles like they sell in Home Depot or Lowes like for .68 each. They are NOT the laminates that will be picked up by hot tires, these I believe are called Armstrong Asphallt Tiles. You will also need the glue to down on the floor first.
We have these in a Vol FD I belong to and they are 50yo with lots of traffic, and they still look new with no wear.
I just got tired of the painting and hot tire marks, etc.

easy to clean, sweep, mop, wax, etc. Can even use a power wash on them with no problems and will not lift with water.

This is like another room for me. another big plus, if you have a BBQ party and it is a bad day out, set up some tables in there and enjoy the party, kick back, spill your beer and enjoy.

D
Old 6/29/06, 03:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Very cool, thanks for the info.

Bob
Old 6/30/06, 05:17 AM

Smile Great Pics!

I ordered mine and should take delivery in late July. Almost a duplicate of yours except no spoiler.