2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Pics of the '07 Vert

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/06, 03:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pitpup
The ... bikes ... make ... me ... nervous!
And where there are bikes, there are backpacks! My kids constantly rub theirs against the side of my wife's car when they come in from school. But, hey, I wouldn't trade them for the world....at least as long as they don't go near my Mustang!
Old 6/17/06, 07:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Here's the scoop on the bikes. My wife's and mine are at the back end of the garage (not over the cars). Her's hasn't been down in a couple of years. There's a couple of little ones that my youngest will grow into (hand-me-downs) from my teenagers. Nice thing is that no one ever gets bikes down except for me. The hooks are solidly mounted in the studs too. The kids everyday bikes are in the shed in the backyard.

The Vette is an '82 (last year of the C3's), factory two-tone (silver blue on dark blue). It's got 15,000 original miles on it.
Old 6/17/06, 02:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Woah, woah, woah! NICE!

Redfire is such a beautiful color, and the sun really accentuates it.
Old 6/17/06, 02:59 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Proving once again: Redfire = best SN-197 Mustang color!
Old 6/17/06, 04:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Chip, when is yours arriving?
Alan,
It was built Friday (6/16/06) so I'm expecting sometime between the 25th and July 4. VOPC says week of July 1, my cousin (the Fleet Manager) says week of June 25. Either way 2 or 3 weeks.

Chip in SC
Old 6/17/06, 05:06 PM
GT Member

Great pics, beautiful car - WTG Steevr! Glad to see ya finally got what ya wanted!!
Old 6/17/06, 05:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Awesome car! Your garage looks something like mine.
Old 6/17/06, 05:55 PM
GT Member

Very nice! It is beautiful!
Old 6/17/06, 08:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks all of you.

Ford should have a warning that this is more addictive than Crack Cocaine. Now I see what all you current owners are talking about.

My wife said to me today..."you got your car....why are you still on that message board??" She just doesn't understand. One of our friends (a parent of my daughter's friend) is a total Mustang nut. She and her husband have 7 kids. They bought a new Mustang each year that each child was born and put it away. The kids will get their cars when they turn 21. Her personal vehicles are a Ford Excursion (to cart the 7 kids around), the most recent F-150 Lightning, and an '05 Mineral Gray GT with a 5-speed and black stripes. She was the one that let me drive her '05 when she first got it and got me hooked. Their youngest son (age 4) is named "Ford". Too funny. Anyways, she left a message yesterday on our answering machine when I was out picking up the car...."Hi, this is Angie....is it a boy or a girl". I thought that was the funniest thing. My wife said, "She's as nuts as you are!!!"
Old 6/17/06, 08:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Great to hear you like it so much, I am really looking forward to ordering mine later this week, as I just sold my Corvette tonight. Could you please post some interior pics, as I am still undecided on the IP, either satin or charcoal? Thanks in advance!

Buster
Old 6/17/06, 08:48 PM
GT Member

How much was the Cloth top option??
Old 6/17/06, 09:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats on the new Stang! Lookin GOOD

PS--got enough bikes?
Old 6/17/06, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jeffgall
How much was the Cloth top option??
Its like $230 retail
Old 6/17/06, 09:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by steevr
Thanks all of you.

Hi, this is Angie....is it a boy or a girl". I thought that was the funniest thing. My wife said, "She's as nuts as you are!!!"
That's funny. My spouse unit asked me the same thing today. Is it a boy or a girl? My response was that it is a pony...

I have been busting to tell people what I have on order. I am keeping it a secret from family, neighbors, co-workers, etc. I am going for the "make some mouths open pretty wide" effect...
Old 6/17/06, 10:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Chip...congrats on your Pony being born yesterday!!! Can't wait to see pics of the interior.

06GT...you're not kidding about the bikes. I think we can get rid of the two trikes and the one with the training wheels, as my youngest (age 7) is now riding a two-wheeler.

Buster...I'll try to snap some pics of the interior and dash tonight. It's still in the garage with the top down. I read your other thread about the Sirius antenna. Now that I've seen the inside of the trunk, it makes more sense why they put it in the middle...because most of the inside of the trunk lid has another layer of sheetmetal on the inside, the middle section only has one layer. I'll post a pic so that you can see what it looks like.
Old 6/17/06, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by steevr
Buster...I'll try to snap some pics of the interior and dash tonight. It's still in the garage with the top down. I read your other thread about the Sirius antenna. Now that I've seen the inside of the trunk, it makes more sense why they put it in the middle...because most of the inside of the trunk lid has another layer of sheetmetal on the inside, the middle section only has one layer. I'll post a pic so that you can see what it looks like.
Thanks, looking forward to the pics. As far as the antenna, I am just disappointed that they made the same mistake as Chevy initially did on the C6 by putting it there instead of inside to hide it. I can live without it though, as I let my XM subscription on my Colorado run out anyway, just thought it would be a good option to have for resale later. Thanks again, and enjoy the new ride!
Old 6/17/06, 10:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Hmmm I'm having second thoughts on getting the comfort group now. That mirror just looks.... ehhh. I might downgrade to just heated seats.

Electrochromic means auto-dimming right? How exactly does it work, and is it worth the cash? Isn't it just easier to flip the little switch most mirrors have?

Beautiful car by the way!
Old 6/17/06, 10:54 PM
GT Member

OK, so the sirius sat radio. How does that fit in with the Shaker?. Any visual differences or is it just an option that you can select bu turning on the switch on the Shaker system?

Great looking ride btw. Have a blast. Im about to pull the trigger on my 07 soon. Sirius was one option i was considering but have to see how it looks on the inside fitting in with the shaker system.
Old 6/17/06, 11:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Here are some pics that were requested:

Interior w/dark IUP
Heated Seat Switches
Soft Boot and Location of Sirius Antenna
Inside shot of trunk lid with 2 layers of sheetmetal and Sirius Antenna

There's nothing on the Shaker 1000 that let's you know there's Sirius. To select it, you hit the Aux Button. It cycles through Sat1 (gives you 6 presets), Sat2 (another 6 presets), Sat3 (another 6) and Aux (IPod Adaptor). The songs & Artist, etc. are displayed on the normal display. I don't know if this is the same head unit as on the '06's.

The autodim mirror is sweet. If you've never had one, it's great not having to flip the lever. The other thing is that there's varying degrees of darkening, based on how bright the light is behind you.

One other new feature for '07 is when you unlock the car w/the key fob, the headlights light your way for 30 seconds. This can be disabled via the owner's manual. Only drawback is this happens during the day too.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of the '07 Vert-dash1.jpg   Pics of the '07 Vert-dash2.jpg   Pics of the '07 Vert-heatedseatswitch.jpg   Pics of the '07 Vert-bootandantenna.jpg   Pics of the '07 Vert-trunkantenna.jpg  

Old 6/18/06, 01:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Welcome to the club! Nice looking vert!

Quick Reply: Pics of the '07 Vert