2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Pics of the '07 Vert

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/06, 07:47 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by steevr
Got back from the first night-time drive. It rained all day here and finally cleared up before sunset. I took my 15 year old daughter with for the drive. It was a bit cool, but we refused to put the windows up. 5 minutes into the drive my daughter says, "boy these heated seats are just the thing for cool nights". Duh, why the heck didn't I think of that? After about 3 minutes, they started warming up nicely....both the seat bottoms and the back. I can see why there's a 10 minute timer on them as they get pretty toasty, but I would rather have had an adjustable setting. Auto dim mirror worked pretty nicely also.

Snapped a few pics of the engine bay for those who wanted to see if the strut mounts changed. My wife said, "you've got the camera out there again?", but hey today was Father's Day, so nothing could bother me.

Only frustation today was trying to refold the soft boot. What useless instructions in the owner's manual and on the sheet of paper that came with the boot. I'm in the I.T. field and yet couldn't understand the stupid diagram. I think my 7 year old could have done a better job illustrating it with his crayons. I wish I would have paid attention when I unfolded it, but you know I was like the kid in "Christmas Story" when he was unwrapping the Daisy BB Gun. Can anyone explain how to fold this thing the right way? Thanks.
The same thing happened to me with my boot. Those are the worst instructions ever written.
Old 6/19/06, 10:45 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thats weird that the defrost and the vent button are switched around

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...0&d=1150608341
Old 6/19/06, 10:56 AM
GT Member

Sweet!

I cannot wait! My wife says I am obsessed!
Old 6/19/06, 11:49 AM
Cobra Member

Steevr-ino... hate to be a PITA, but help me out. I know you got your car on the 15th, but what was your ETA? Were you expecting your car on the 15th or were you expecting it say, the 21st and wham, out of the blue, a call comes in from your dealer saying the car is in 'early'?

Thanks!

Stan

P.S. - I'm still miffed that a dealer in WV got their '07 GT for store stock and mine is still not in!!
Old 6/19/06, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by keeper
I cannot wait! My wife says I am obsessed!
My wife, both daughters, several coworkers, and the sales people at the dealership all tell me the same thing.

Chip in SC
Old 6/19/06, 12:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pitpup
Steevr-ino... hate to be a PITA, but help me out. I know you got your car on the 15th, but what was your ETA? Were you expecting your car on the 15th or were you expecting it say, the 21st and wham, out of the blue, a call comes in from your dealer saying the car is in 'early'?
Look at this thread, starting at post 80:
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...pic=3364&st=80
Old 6/19/06, 03:01 PM
GT Member

Steevr - What's your thoughts on the Charcoal Panel now that you have it on your car? I ordered it on my car without ever seeing it (cuz I don't like the satin that much but wanted the IUP). I'm a little nervious because yours looks a little darker than I would have liked. It may just be the lighting in your picture/garage.

Thanks
Old 6/19/06, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks!

Stan

P.S. - I'm still miffed that a dealer in WV got their '07 GT for store stock and mine is still not in!!
I was wondering the same thing. I heard today that my car was waiting to be loaded on to the rail carrier. If you listen to ERL, my eta is the week of 25 June; the "people" tell me two weeks from the release date of 16 June - so that puts it at the dealership on June 30th. My dealer says three weeks to ship, and that they only get cars Monday-Friday. So go figure - I've got three different dates. I'm hoping the car gets here this Friday, 23 June! If I remember right from Steve, his ERL date was week of June 12th and thats precisely when the car came in.
Old 6/19/06, 07:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Look at this thread, starting at post 80:
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...pic=3364&st=80
Thank you Alan. After talking with customer service today, I'm confident it will be here this Thursday/Friday, with the date they are giving me as Thursday (6/22).

We'll find out soon enough. Thank you for the link.

Stan
Old 6/19/06, 09:01 PM

Hi Steve, I know I'm a late arrival to this thread but I just wanted to congratulate you on your new Mustang. It looks beautiful and you don't
have to apologize for getting "only" the Dark Charcoal interior, it looks
great with any color, including here.

May you enjoy many miles of smiles with 'er.

Steve
Old 6/19/06, 09:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Stan...no such thing as a PITA in my book. Once ERL said the car was built on the evening of the 8th, ERL said delivery would be the week of June 11th. It did then arrived that week on the 15th.

Before it was built, it said it was going to be built the week of the 5th with delivery the week of the 18th.

End result was that the build week stayed the same and was correct, but delivery moved up a week after it was built.
Old 6/19/06, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by VVVROOM
Steevr - What's your thoughts on the Charcoal Panel now that you have it on your car? I ordered it on my car without ever seeing it (cuz I don't like the satin that much but wanted the IUP). I'm a little nervious because yours looks a little darker than I would have liked. It may just be the lighting in your picture/garage.

Thanks
It was a bit dark in the garage that night. Attached are two pics taken outside before it got dark. I like the dark IUP on the 'Vert because it doesn't reflect as much light as the satin IUP. Besides, that's what my big head is for.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of the '07 Vert-darkiup1.jpg   Pics of the '07 Vert-darkiup2.jpg  
Old 6/19/06, 09:31 PM
GT Member

It was a bit dark in the garage that night. Attached are two pics taken outside before it got dark. I like the dark IUP on the 'Vert because it doesn't reflect as much light as the satin IUP. Besides, that's what my big head is for.
Thanks for the new pics....looks much better.
Old 6/19/06, 09:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bob99b5
If I remember right from Steve, his ERL date was week of June 12th and thats precisely when the car came in.
Yup...to sum up the ERL events

Thursday night 6/8...ERL status changes to say the car was built.

Saturday morning 6/10...ERL status changes to say the car was released by the Ford Assembly plant with delivery to the dealer the week of June 11.

Thursday 8:30am 6/15...Dealer calls that the car has just arrived.

7 days from built to delivered...Flat Rock to Chicago.

Oh, by the way, I noticed yesterday when I was poking around under the hood, on the driver's cam cover on the engine, there's a bar coded sticker that says 05/06/06. I assume that's when the engine was assembled.
Old 6/20/06, 06:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Snapped a few pics of the engine bay for those who wanted to see if the strut mounts changed.
Thanks! They DID change, as expected...
Old 6/20/06, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm wondering if yet another thing (not option related) changed for '07. So far we have the headlight reflectors and the front shock towers. Didn't the '05-'06's have aluminum hoods? When I knock on mine with a knuckle, it doesn't sound like any kind of metal at all. It sounds like a plastic composite, just like on my '97 Continental.

If it was aluminum and did change over to composite, maybe that's a good thing. The composite hood on the 10 year old Lincoln still looks like new. No flex to it either.

Easiest way to identify an '07 now (without looking at the VIN or one of the two new colors) are the headlights.
Old 6/21/06, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

dam* now my 06 is old already
Old 6/21/06, 06:46 PM

Hi Steve, Just one nosy question: Included with your Comfort Package
along with the Electrochromic Mirror and Heated Seats, is the right-
hand front seat 6-Way Powered as well? Just curious. Thanks.

Again, best of luck, man.

Steve
Old 6/21/06, 08:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Steve W.
Hi Steve, Just one nosy question: Included with your Comfort Package
along with the Electrochromic Mirror and Heated Seats, is the right-
hand front seat 6-Way Powered as well? Just curious. Thanks.

Again, best of luck, man.

Steve
I can answer this for Steve. The answer is yes. There are two questions that I have though. You have never referenced that the mirror is automatically turning on/off your headlamps. Every other car that I have had which has this type of mirror, it also turns the headlamps on and off. No such luck this time?

Also, why does the manual make any mention of daytime running lights (if equipped)? Surely no one would be so stupid to put gay daytime running lights on a muscle car like this?
Old 6/21/06, 09:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
I can answer this for Steve. The answer is yes. There are two questions that I have though. You have never referenced that the mirror is automatically turning on/off your headlamps. Every other car that I have had which has this type of mirror, it also turns the headlamps on and off. No such luck this time?

Also, why does the manual make any mention of daytime running lights (if equipped)? Surely no one would be so stupid to put gay daytime running lights on a muscle car like this?
Flash, many times it's the norm that cars that have auto headlights also have the autodim mirror, although the mirror does not control the headlights. The headlights have their own light sensor on top of the dash. That's why they warn you not to cover the dash with paper, etc. or your lights will be on all the time.

The auto dim mirror has a sensor on both sides of the mirror. The sensor just under the mirror determines if there is a bright behind you and determines how much to darken the mirror. The sensor on the other side facing the window is used to determine if it's daytime or not. If the fron sensor senses that it's daytime, it then doesn't dim the mirror. If it didn't, the mirror would be dark all day long.

Quick Reply: Pics of the '07 Vert