2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered 12/17 whats next?

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/05, 07:25 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I've never ordered a vehicle before and while I've been looking around here there is something that I still don't get.

I got the ERL number from someone and I've called almost everyday since 12/17 and the ERL still doesn't have info on my car. Does this mean that the order hasn't yet been submitted/received or will the system not tell me anything until the vehicle is given a VIN? The dealer told me 3-5 monthes and from what I've read here that seems about right (at least until some more recent threads). The dealer gave it a 40 priority, which I know isn't great, but as other threads have said it could have to do with allocation. The dealer is a pretty good size, Apple Ford in Columbia, Md.

Any info you guys could give me would be great. After only a little more than a week the wait is killing me! It's gonna be a long 3-5 months!
Old 12/28/05, 10:27 AM
GT Member

Anybody? I just don't understand the process. After a week and a half, should the ERL be reporting something?
Old 12/28/05, 06:24 PM
GT Member

You will not see the car till May or June for the 2006 GT...
You should have waited till March and order a 2007 GT and get the car by July or Ayg.....
Now if yea don't get the 06 gt you might have to reorder it as a 2007 but you will be on a very long listtttttt and will not see a 2007 till sometime in 2007 lolllll.JT
Old 12/29/05, 05:05 AM
Cobra Member

I have GT's getting scheduled almost immediately after ordering them. The last one I ordered was scheduled the next day and the customer decided it was TOO SOON so he is reordering in a few weeks so he won;t get the car until after the winter slop.
We are also getting stock GT's as regional orders which means at least in our zone we are pretty much caught up on retail GT orders. Also I have sold quite a few TMS members which helps our allocation.
At least for us right now, delivery is running around 2 months from time of order.
Old 12/29/05, 07:18 AM
GT Member

So it should have appeared on the ERL by now? Everytime I call I get the message telling me that they have no further information at this time. I've been calling everyday but only disappointment so far.

Do I need the car right now, no. Do I want the car right now, YES!
Old 12/29/05, 07:36 AM
Bullitt Member

You will not hear anything until it is serialized. Mine took over 2 months and then another month to get built. Be patent, it is worth the wait.
Old 12/30/05, 11:11 AM
Bullitt Member

You likely will not hear anything at all from the ERL until after New Years. Mine was supposed to be built last week, but the ERL hasn't changed its status of build week 12-19 for about 2 weeks now. So my car is either built and on its way here, or sitting on a lot at the plant. They shut down for 2 weeks for the Christmas/New Years holidays, so ERL is not updated either. Try ERL on Jan 2. The wait is killing me too
Old 12/30/05, 11:40 AM
GT Member

I feel your pain man! i ordered mine on the same day as you! i was told 3-5 months, but how knows, i'm thinking 3 months the earliest and 5-6 months latest.
Old 12/30/05, 12:13 PM
GT Member

I live in the Northwest and I ordered my GT Convertible on 12/8/05. The ERL did update for me during the holiday break (called yest) and said it's scheduled for Jan 16th build week. So far, it looks like two months from order to delivery. Also, has your dealer given you a copy of the DORA? (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowlegement)
Old 12/30/05, 12:33 PM

I also live in the Northwest and originally placed my order on Nov. 29th, but then requested a change which was confirmed on Dec. 8th.

What information do I need from the dealer to be able to check the status of my order? Should I request a DORA from them?

Thanks,
Old 12/30/05, 09:09 PM
GT Member

So this morning I was looking at the Duck Tail spoiler and thinking that I should modify my order and get the spoiler delete option. I figured I would call when I got back from running around. While I was out my wife called me and said that the dealer had called and said I have a build week of 1/16. He said that he made a mistake when he put in the order and get it an 01 priority instead of a 10. The DORA says a 40 priority, so I'm not sure what happened. I called the ERL though and it had no info. When I called him back to confirm the date, he must have looked it up online through their system because he had me on the phone while he did it. So I'm guessing the ERL is a couple of steps behind whatever system he was looking at.

So here's the real bite in it all... If it gets built that week he says it will take about 2 weeks to build and ship. If that is true it will arrive just as I am leaving for Germany for 2 weeks!! It's gonna freaking kill me to know that my new car is waiting for me on the other side of the planet!

In any case things seem to be moving along!!!
Old 12/31/05, 10:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by bryman@December 30, 2005, 11:14 AM
You likely will not hear anything at all from the ERL until after New Years. Mine was supposed to be built last week, but the ERL hasn't changed its status of build week 12-19 for about 2 weeks now. So my car is either built and on its way here, or sitting on a lot at the plant. They shut down for 2 weeks for the Christmas/New Years holidays, so ERL is not updated either. Try ERL on Jan 2. The wait is killing me too
The ERL DOES UPDATE during the Holiday Shutdown.
My Mustang was scheduled for build 'week of December 13th 2004', on December 17th I called and the message was changed to 'as of December 14th unit built and shipped'...(yes, I know this was BEFORE the Holiday Closure)...
The ERL DID change to 'closed for Christmas Holiday' from December 24 until the following Monday...December 27, then the message changed to 'as of December 27 unit arrived at the ramp'.
The dealer called me the next day letting me know the car was in, and I drove it home that day. (Plant is closed for two weeks from Christmas Eve to just after New Years...and my car arrived during the shutdown).

What probably happened with your car is that they either didn't finish the car before the plant closed, or the car is done but they need to inspect it before it's shipped.
If the car had been shipped the ERL would have updated already.
Check on Tuesday when the plant opens and see if the message changes.
Old 12/31/05, 10:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by johnnytuinals@December 28, 2005, 6:27 PM
You will not see the car till May or June for the 2006 GT...
You should have waited till March and order a 2007 GT and get the car by July or Ayg.....
Now if yea don't get the 06 gt you might have to reorder it as a 2007 but you will be on a very long listtttttt and will not see a 2007 till sometime in 2007 lolllll.JT
Let's make it easy...
In your opinion you're NEVER EVER going to get an ORDERED GT right??? You had a bad experiance where a dealer was unable to get you a Mustang, so you found one on your own, which is great.
But some of us want a specific color and options so a special order is placed...
Some people find a great dealer that promises the customer a car in a certain amount of time, Ford pulls the order and it's scheduled and built and in the customer's driveway within two-three months...
While others have to wait an extended amount of time for the car, and yes, some may never see the car.
Old 1/3/06, 01:05 PM
GT Member

It's Tuesday and still nothing in ERL. I'm beginning to wonder if the dealer either screwed up my order or has me confused with someone else. I can't just walk into the dealer though and tell him that the number that I called didn't have any info. I guess I'll give it a few more days and see if it appears on the phone.