2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New Order

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/05, 04:36 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bragging rights? Ill be broke when I get the car.
Old 1/12/05, 01:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, me too! You're on.

And....just got off the phone with my dealer. My "order" confirmation came in yesterday (the 11th, car was ordered 28 Dec) so I asked exactly what that meant. Her reply was that Ford has accepted the order (no VIN or build date yet), my name is on it and that there were no problems (no rejections or instructions to switch or delete) with the options, including the IUP 18g package. So....she told me the next info sheet from Ford should contain a build date and a VIN.

We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Later.....
Old 1/12/05, 06:49 PM

i ordered mine 9 weeks ago and was told to be expecting it in about 6 weeks. the dealership went in to their expected inventory shipment and modified one to meet my order. i am still waiting and called the dealership last week. i was told that there was a shortage of parts for the iup package. they were not sure when the factory would get the parts. so at this point i guess we all just sit around and wait.
Old 1/12/05, 08:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

I ordered my GT with IUP on December 30. The dealer, Prince Frederick Ford in Maryland, told me 8-10 weeks. Now that I've read up on the IUP situation, I expect to wait a bit longer. Dangit!!!
Old 1/13/05, 05:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Hey Mark....Do you have your DORA? That will give your your dealer number and order number. With that you can check the status of your order.
Robert
Old 1/13/05, 01:44 PM
GT Member

I orded my GT on December 30th... And was told 6-8 weeks as well. After reading the problems with the IUP I don't have much faith that I will get that quick either. Since I am currently driving a 93 Ranger with 183,000 miles on it, I am really bummed out.
Old 1/13/05, 08:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered my GT on December 27th, I talked to my dealer today and they have some sort of code for the car but no VIN yet. My dealer was told Ford is running low on spoilers. Has anyone heard this rumour?

Old 1/14/05, 12:21 PM
V6 Member

Ok guys/gals. I know this is my first post but here it goes:

I ordered mine sometime around 12/20/04. I happen to know the owner of the dealer so he offered me his order ( I have no idea what it means). I got the Vehicle Order Confirmation from the dealer yesterday and called Ford Customer Service. Took a while for the lady to do her thing but with the order number and dealer number she found the car. She said, car is being built right now with a delivery date of 1/31/05. I ordered a MG GT Premium, IUP, Upgraded Wheels, Active Alarm, Dark Charcoal Interior. I think this whole IUP delay stuff is crap. My feelings are that there is such a high demand for the car, Ford is feeding their better dealers faster than the others.

my .02 cents.

take care

Luis
Old 1/14/05, 08:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey fwfast I ordered mine from Suburban Dec 14 and was told 6-8 weeks then rec a phone call about the DELAY on IUP parts shortage, show I mentioned the My Colour Law Suit and they pleaded Shultz Syndromn and knew nothing, I then got my info from the dealer Dealer # / Body Style/Customer # and contacted Ford they looked it up and said they have it all but no VIN # and If I do not hear from my dealer by end of Jan to call them back for a faster update. This for when you are back. Ed
Old 1/14/05, 08:54 PM

I went into the dealership to order a redfire, with IUP with red accent interior. I was aware of the lawsuit, however I thought I could still order. I was told Ford was not sure when things would settle and to expect delivery of the car around August!!! So I surfed dealerships and called around....found a Black one with IUP and red interior with all upgrades on the other side of the state. Went to the dealership and it is on its way...its halfway between the plant and the dealership and should be in any day now!! This is probably one of the last in the batch to make it out before this UIP problem. Check it out and see if you can find any.
Old 1/16/05, 07:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

I ordered my 05 GT Premium on 12/29/04, it was serialized on 1/13/05, and as of 1/14/05 it's scheduled to be built week of January 31st. Mine is an automatic with IUP, rear spoiler, front seat side airbags, active anti-theft, shaker 500 and bullitt style wheels. The interior is dark charcoal and the exterior color is Sonic Blue. If built as scheduled, I might take delivery mid Feb. Hope so!
Old 1/17/05, 06:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Smile

You got serialized in two weeks and built in four? Awwww man...
Old 1/17/05, 03:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Darth......went to my dealer today but had a hard time deciphering the DORA info. I had an S900 order number with a PRCD of 15. Only a partial VIN was availabe, VFT82H and of course my status was still unscheduled. So....I'll wait patiently for the rest of the stuff. My order definately had a "Y" for confirmed with none of the "rejected" babble that a few others have mentioned because of IUP.

That's it for now, keep ya posted. Hopefully we have the same luck as the last guy.

Mark.
Old 1/17/05, 07:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by darth-bob@January 17, 2005, 8:22 AM
Darth-bob, Honestly I didn't mean to bum you out. I've been reading about all the delays supposedly due to ordering the IUP and I was expecting my car's status to remain Clean & Unscheduled for some time. My DORA also had the COMPAT/HOLDS/INFO INFO:-18G UNAVAILABLE ON ALL BODIES: RECOMMEND 18R text. Maybe the GTs were the exception. Also, my priority 11 must have helped too.

I just wanted to share my status mainly to let others know that cars being ordered recently with IUP, like mine, ARE being serialized and scheduled.

I bet yours will also get serialized soon.
Old 1/18/05, 06:38 AM
GT Member

Hey man, help me out if you don't mind.. Explain to me the different priorty codes, for example an 11 verses 10 or a 15 etc.. What exactly does that mean?

Oscar
Old 1/18/05, 10:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by 05SonicBlueGT+January 17, 2005, 8:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (05SonicBlueGT @ January 17, 2005, 8:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-darth-bob@January 17, 2005, 8:22 AM
Darth-bob, Honestly I didn't mean to bum you out.... [/b][/quote]
Awwww....I'm happy for you. Im just on a deadline.
I ordered this as a Birthday present for my Wife.
I figured a Dec 1st order would get it here before
Feb 23rd. If it doesnt then I'm screwed.

86 days.... A tad over 12 weeks.....COME ON FORD!!!
YOU CAN DO IT~~~!!!

Old 1/18/05, 02:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Oscar@January 18, 2005, 8:41 AM
Hey man, help me out if you don't mind.. Explain to me the different priorty codes, for example an 11 verses 10 or a 15 etc.. What exactly does that mean?

Oscar
Hey Oscar,

As far as priority codes go.. 10 is supposedly the highest, with 99 being the lowest. However, dealership allocations also play a big part. For instance, I ordered mine from a large dealership with plenty of allocation and was assigned priority 11. These are probably the two biggest factors that determine how long you have to wait. However, there are also other factors, including factory mix that play a big part in the scheduling. I'm no authority. This is just what I've gathered mostly from the internet.

Steve
Old 1/19/05, 07:30 AM
GT Member

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the info.. I am a priorty 10 and I ordered mine from a large dealer, so maybe there is hope for me yet. In the mean time, I am driving a 93 Ford Ranger with 183,000 miles on it. As you guys can imagine, I really want my car! Oh well, at least I am still confident that it is coming..

Thanks again,

Oscar
Old 1/20/05, 10:32 AM
V6 Member

I'm new here, but I feel I should stay in touch with all of us who are waiting for our orders... I ordered mine Dec. 10, which was a Friday, so it had to wait until Dec. 16th to get placed. My dealer hasn't been very communicative about where the order is at. He called about 10 days ago and asked if I knew about the IUP situation, and, of course, I had. I told him I wanted to keep the order as it is: Black, with IUP, charcoal and black interior, air bags, 5-speed, wheel locks (Bullit-style wheels). Dealer said he'd do the same if it were his car. Anyway, I'd sure like to hear whether the car is clean and unscheduled or whatever. Mine is from a smalltown dealership, as the bigger dealers here in Kansas City, Overland Park specifically, are wanting $3,000 over sticker. Any thoughts on whether the dmall dealership will hurt my timing?
Old 1/20/05, 06:48 PM

I'm interested to hear comments about this too. My local dealer just got in a black GT, loaded w/red seats and IUP - sticker @ $27.7. The bad news is they tacked on another sticker for $3500 for whats called a "regional adjustment"! I assume that the dealer is doing this, not FOMOCO...
I love the car, but they can shove that adjustment where the sun doesnt shine. I live in a town of ~60k people, so this is not a super large dealership.

Quick Reply: New Order