2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

New Order

Search this Thread

Old 12/25/04, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered my new GT. Black with charcoal leather, IUP, Active alarm, stock wheels & 5-speed. Ordered from Glen-Oak Ford in Victoria B.C. ,Canada. Any guesses on how long it might be in arriving?
Old 12/25/04, 11:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I ordered mine on 12-20 and was told 12 to 16 weeks!
Old 12/26/04, 02:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

It depends on a lot of things.....your priority number, options ordered (IUP will slow you down), your dealers allocation, etc. This car is definitely worth the wait though...hang in there!
Old 1/1/05, 09:06 PM

I have ordered my GT from WoodyAnderson Ford in Huntsville AL. They told me it could take from 6-8 weeks.It's been about 2 now.BLACK,dark charcoal,automatic leather,interior up grade,anti-theift standard wheels.I am thinking about ordering the 05 seleen hood.
Old 1/1/05, 09:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The IUP problem will probably slow down the delivery date, especially if you order that car after December 30th.
Old 1/2/05, 03:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by poldrv@January 1, 2005, 9:53 PM
The IUP problem will probably slow down the delivery date, especially if you order that car after December 30th.
ordered mine before thanksgiving...i'll be thankful if IUP doesn't slow my order down.
Old 1/2/05, 08:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think you will problably be waiting a relatively long time. Considering that you just ordered, and that you ordered the IUP. The fact that were canadian also doesnt help. If I was in your situation, assuming that I was the top priority car at the dealer, and the dealer had the allocation, I would assume april for delivery.

This may not be such a bad thing though, this way when you get the car, you dont have to worry about snow and the salt and stuff on the roads.
Old 1/3/05, 01:11 PM
Cobra Member

I was just at the dealer today (2005 January 03). The Sales Manager advises that my order has not started production yet. The order went in On November 26, 2004. He advises that anyone that has order an IUP or 18G Interior Upgrade Package will have their order delayed until Ford can restock their IUP situation. Appears Ford did not expect the high demand for the IUP. The dealership has been phoning customers asking if they want the IUP dropped from their orders apparently 85% want the IUP to remain, I am in the 85% group. The initial delivery date was scheduled to be in February but now it looks like May, 2005. No problem I have my 98 to drive around until then.

Ray Spencer
Edmonton, Alberta
Old 1/3/05, 01:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ordered my GT on December 29th, the sales mgr said production would likely be March and delivery in April. And no, not all of us Canadians are being bumped for US production. It all has to do with Cdn/US allocation and dealer performance. If your car is coming from a retailer with a good track record for Mustang "deliveries", not just sales, you can bet they'll move up a few rungs on the priority ladder. If your car is coming from a big box retailer selling 20 Mustangs a day, good luck on your wait 'cause they're only alloted "x-number" of production slots. My dealer, Airport Ford Lincoln in Hamilton, is not one of the bigger ones but they've got 11 Mustangs on the lot - 4 V6's and 6 GT's with more coming in. Very tempting not to buy now rather than order but it'd be a shame to take delivery during the winter. Anticipation has its good points sometimes.

Regards, Mark.
Old 1/3/05, 02:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice to see canadians in this room. Went to my dealership in mississauga today and yes my rag will be delayed due to the IUP situation. Untill litigation is complete, No more "my colour"!!! Ford might have to stink it up and pay this guy off. They should have looked into copyrights before mass producing. If I had a choice i would get everything else but the colourfull cluster. Can make one myself after the fact!!! Not going to wait for this baby because of some guy who invented this high school project lmao! For all of you who ordered and have to wait, email Ford and tell then to get off thier wallets and pay the guy so we can all go on living our lives with stangs in our driveways.

"'05 GT Silver Satin, Red Leather, Black top, Fully loaded, Red Stripes and possible shaker hood....Niiiiice"

"If me don't get this ride, me gonna cry!!!!"
Old 1/3/05, 03:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh who gives a darn about that stupid "My Color" anyways. Hopefully Ford sees fit to just put in a regular "one color" bulb behind the instrument cluster and call it a day. Why they have to delete a whole option package is beyond reason. But this is another, long winded topic isn't it. I'll stop here.

Mark.

Edit - wow, does the automatic swear word edit ever work well! I don't think I've ever said "darn" in my life, LOL.
Old 1/4/05, 06:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know this sounds stupid ,But what is 18G interior upgrade package just wondering ?
Old 1/4/05, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

18G Interior Upgrade Package adds the Aluminum trim on the dashboard, steering wheel, and shifter. It Also adds the door sill plates in the door jam. It also adds the MyColor guages, which have 6 guages instead of the standard 4.
Old 1/5/05, 05:35 PM

Just heard from dealer where we ordered our GT. They said you can still get the interior upgrade,wanted to know if we wanted to delete option to speed up order. Said no, will wait.
Old 1/6/05, 04:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Original Sin@January 3, 2005, 2:44 PM
... If your car is coming from a retailer with a good track record for Mustang "deliveries", not just sales, you can bet they'll move up a few rungs on the priority ladder. If your car is coming from a big box retailer selling 20 Mustangs a day, good luck on your wait 'cause they're only alloted "x-number" of production slots. Regards, Mark.
Hey Mark... A buddy of mine at a smaller Dealership (is a manager) told me just the opposite...that because they are a small dealership they will not get one as fast. Dealership allocations are based on sales. Priority numbers are based on the last allocations to the dealer as Ford doesnt want one big dealer to get them all but it is my understanding that the bigger the dealership te faster you will get the order. Ford takes care of those that sell lots. What both you and he say make sense but are opposite sooooooooooooooo
Old 1/7/05, 06:10 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by 66fastback@January 5, 2005, 6:38 PM
Just heard from dealer where we ordered our GT. They said you can still get the interior upgrade,wanted to know if we wanted to delete option to speed up order. Said no, will wait.
Well, I believe you were told you can still order it, but it ani't coming for a long while. I have my DORA, dated 1/3 and on the bottom it says: INFO-18G UNAVAILABLE ON ALL BODIES; RECOMMEND 18R
So, until I either change it to 18R (which means you can't order the front side air bags with the 18R) or the IUP issue gets resolved, then the order will stay in LIMBO and the car WILL NOT GET BUILT. My dealer is 'guessing' this will get resolved very soon, but does not expect my Stang until April or May!

Dave...
Old 1/7/05, 07:17 PM
V6 Member

I am SO GLAD that I ordered mine Oct 19th. I also ordered the IUP so I could get the side air bags. It came in on Dec 16th. I've got about 700 miles on it now and really like it. I know the wait is frustrating, but the car is certainly worth it.
Old 1/8/05, 07:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Darth.....alot of what you say is true as well, but it depends on the "ratio" of cars that your small dealership sells & delivers compared to its size. My dealer here in Ontario isn't that small really but compared to a few others in the city, it is technically the smallest. However....they've sold alot of Mustangs (sold & delivered) and they're rewarded for it when it comes to allocations for new ones. I'm sure that Ford rewards the bigger dealerships too, it's just that that don't penalize the smaller ones if they're aggressive. I guess the proof will be in the pudding if my order isn't rejected and I get a production date for the early spring.

Mark.
Old 1/9/05, 09:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok Original Sin...I ordered mine December 1st.....
Its a race!!!

My 29 day head start with IUP versus your 18R!
Old 1/10/05, 01:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

OK mister, you're on! What are we wagering??

Mark

Quick Reply: New Order