2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Members' Rides: 2005+

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/04, 08:30 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Get the side airbags, well worth it. That's the best investment on the car. Slightly better resale, the potential to save both money on insurance and save your life. I spent the $400, what's your life worth to you?
Old 12/13/04, 08:33 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SilverBullet:
I have to say after reading your post, and seeing the look on your face, I've never seen someone who "belongs" more with their car than you do.
Old 12/14/04, 04:47 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by stangsoccer@December 13, 2004, 4:40 PM

Congrats Silver Bullet from another second childhood Stanger. I love the bullet wheels and they were my first choice but mine came with the upgrades which are harder to keep clean. Great looking car. I'm on my fourth now a '66 maroon 289 conv, '71 blue 302 conv, '95 blue 3.8 coupe, and the latest addition my '05 yellow GT. The '66 (wish I still had it) was my first car in high school and I graduated in '72. You mentioned "township" are you from PA as well?
Thanks, Bob, and best of the drive to you also.

Um, let's see, I think you would be about 100 - 110 miles from Blue Bell, PA.

Strangely enough, my last Ford was a '79 T-Bird that I bought at a garage sale. I really liked and enjoyed it but could never drive it in any of our PA winter snows. It was just terrible in snow (or even rain, for that matter). I ultimately sold that and went with a front driver. Since my wife will retire at the end of this year I will be able to leave the Bullet in the garage when it snows and use her 05 Escape. I'd like to say that helped in the decision to get the GT but I can't. We'd have gotten it no matter what.

Ron
Old 12/14/04, 04:50 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by StangNut@December 13, 2004, 10:36 PM
SilverBullet:
I have to say after reading your post, and seeing the look on your face, I've never seen someone who "belongs" more with their car than you do.
It shows, huh?

Thanks, Jason . . . my wife says that even when I fall asleep in front of the TV, the smile is still there.

Have you seen the Anthem commercial yet? Talk about your All-American version!

Ron
Old 12/14/04, 11:22 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ron congratulation on the "silver bullet" I know for myself that the one is going to carry me till retirement as well (about another 20 years ) and is the biggest purchase moneywise of a car that I have ever owned .
Enjoy the silver bullit ,it was origionally my first choice of color but then changed to the lime (love the retro style color) I know it will put a smile on your face everytime you drive it !!
And welcome to the board
Old 12/14/04, 12:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey SilverBullet ~ Welcome to the site. And congrats on the car. That color was my 2nd choice. It looks really sweet. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Just a couple of questions. Did you get IUP, what's the color of the interior, & is it an auto or a manny? Again Congrats.
Old 12/14/04, 01:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by kerafaith@December 14, 2004, 2:39 PM
Hey SilverBullet ~ Welcome to the site. And congrats on the car. That color was my 2nd choice. It looks really sweet. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Just a couple of questions. Did you get IUP, what's the color of the interior, & is it an auto or a manny? Again Congrats.
Kera,

Thanks very much for the wishes and the welcome.

I did get the IUP with an interior of Dark Charcoal leather. If we ever get some decent weather around this area I'll be able to get a couple more pictures to round out the thread.

The story behind the transmission . . . it's an automatic. We will be relocating to the Monterey Peninsula area soon and my wife doesn't feel confortable handling the manual with all the hills, etc. for in-town driving. My original '67 was manual and she handled that with no problem (we both drove sticks 'till we got old and lazy ). I went along with her on this item.

Ron
Old 12/14/04, 01:25 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Ripstang@December 14, 2004, 1:25 PM
Ron congratulation on the "silver bullet" I know for myself that ths one is going to carry me till retirement as well (about another 20 years ) and is the biggest purchase moneywise of a car that I have ever owned .
Enjoy the silver bullit ,it was origionally my first choice of color but then changed to the lime (love the retro style color) I know it will put a smile on your face everytime you drive it !!
And welcome to the board
Hi Craig,

I really did like the the lime and it was close but the silver won out. In fact I had the lime as Wallpaper until I finally found a photo of the Silver with the Bullet wheels.

It's almost 3:30 and I'm smiling already 'cause I'm outta here for the day.

Thanks for the wishes and welcome.

Ron
Old 12/15/04, 10:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by davids2toys@December 13, 2004, 7:27 PM
I wish i could go more with a fun color like red or yellow( high profile with the the cops), and even though i have already ordered last week, i am still checking out the different colors i hadn't seen yet...

so far i am staying with my original choice of mineral gray, i cant believe the dealer is giving me a small window to change my color choice......
I wish i could go more with a fun color like red or yellow( high profile with the the cops), and even though i have already ordered last week, i am still checking out the different colors i hadn't seen yet...

so far i am staying with my original choice of mineral gray, i cant believe the dealer is giving me a small window to change my color choice......
I personally wouldn't worry about the high-profile colors attracting the cops. I've driven two red Mustang GTs daily (an '87 and a '95) for the last 13 years, and have been pulled over exactly once. That once was my fault - I pulled out of a brightly lit parking lot at night, and didn't realize that I only had my parking lights on - I got a warning for driving at night without lights.

In my experience, if you don't give them a reason to give you a ticket, you won't get one...

But I will add that I am not a kid anymore either, so take that for what it's worth. B)

I'm just about ready to order an '05, and the colors I'm considering are Redfire, Silver, and Screaming Yellow.
Old 12/15/04, 03:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
your are correct with laser, but not with radar, he aims it in a vicinity, if he gets a speeding reading...then he looks up and guesses who is the speeder in the group of 10 cars lets say, if you have a stick out color as bright yellow or red, you will be the first thing he sees...................enough said
Old 12/15/04, 05:29 PM

I gaurantee that yellow gets a lot of attention. So far no problems with the police. Although one did watch me for a long while when I test drove my car. The one thing with screaming yellow is that if you see those flashing lights, just move over to the right on top of the double line and blend in
Old 12/16/04, 12:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by RMac@December 13, 2004, 4:12 PM

ordered mine today (Torch Red, red interior, IUP, etc.).
I was undecided between the torch and the satin silver... but the torch won out in the end.
Ryan, I can relate to your dilemma...... Torch Red & Satin Silver were CO-#1's even though I ordered Silver. I had an opportunity to grab Torch Red a couple weeks ago......and now 2 weeks later, I am so glad I did. The Satin Silver will now be someone else's baby.
Old 12/16/04, 06:33 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a cop turn on his flashers last night and then pulled up next to me just to give me the thumbs up. Guess he didn't care I was speeding a little.
Old 12/16/04, 10:57 AM

Hey Adrenalin, did you add the racing stripes? I have seen the dual stripe kits available in different widths. I would like to try on my Sonic Blue V6 maybe a little offset with different size widths.
Old 12/16/04, 11:36 AM

Brad, I am a new member. I am supposed to be taking delivery of my 05 Sonic Blue Mustang GT the 1st week in January of 05. I have only 3 05 Mustang's on the road so far. I have seen more in the dealerships than I have seen on the road. I can't wait. These 05's are sweet.
Old 12/16/04, 04:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok here is Hilda!
Old 12/16/04, 05:57 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by LilHog@December 16, 2004, 6:04 PM
Ok here is Hilda!
Craig

OK, I'm familiar with the permanent smile thing so have a great life with Hilda!

Let me know if you can figure why they have radios in them. What a sweet exhaust sound!

Ron
Old 12/16/04, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey everyone,

I am new to your website and could not help to read through everyones excitement over the anticipation and pick-up of there new Mustang. I picked mine up exactly 1 week ago and I still pinch myself over it. I have been hanging out a whole in my garage lately. LOL. This car is unbelievable. Interior and Exterior. Ford without a doubt has hit the jackpot on this model. I previously owned a 2000 premium V6 so my new GT is a huge upgrade for me. Cannot compare these cars what so ever.

My GT is the Satin Silver with the Red Leather Interior and chrome dash Mycolor upgrade. I kept the standard wheeles rather than the premium as I thought it gave it a classic look even more.

My only disapointment so far is a couple of things which I thought I would share with you so you can look for these defects as you pick up your mustang.

First thing is on the front bumber, right infont of the headlight you can she 3-4 shaded areas where the paint went on a little thin. Its not too bad as I am the the only one that can see it. I have to point it out in order for others to see it and in the sun its impossible for myself to see it. Now here is my debate, I took it to my dealership today and they said they would repaint it. I requested a repainted bumber from the Ford Factory itself but the service man said that "if" Ford sent a new bumper it would not be painted and the dealsership would have to paint. So my questions is, should I let the dealership paint it themselves, should I try to get a new bumper and let the dealership paint it or just leave it alone? By the way is my dealership pulling my leg or can the Ford factory send me a new painted bumper? My concern is that after waxing and buffing it over a period of time that it might get worse and noticable. I really hate to have a repainted bumber on my new Mustang if you know what I mean.

The second thing I noticed is that the rear seat where you rest your back is higher than the other one about 1/2 an inch. The dealership said they would work on it and try to get it fixed. So I am ok with that.

Overall its been ONE FUN car. Everytime I go out I see people of all kinds of ages (10-60 years old) pointing at my car. Evertime I go to Autozone or Advance Parts the guys come out to stare and just the other day I had a guy come shake my hand for purchasing my GT. I almost feel like a movie star when Im in it I am just a little kid all over again.

I wish all you guys the best of luck with your mustang!! I will try to get some pictures posted soon.
Old 12/16/04, 08:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

My GT is the Satin Silver with the Red Leather Interior and chrome dash Mycolor upgrade. I kept the standard wheeles rather than the premium as I thought it gave it a classic look even more.

My only disapointment so far is a couple of things which I thought I would share with you so you can look for these defects as you pick up your mustang.

First thing is on the front bumber, right infont of the headlight you can she 3-4 shaded areas where the paint went on a little thin. Its not too bad as I am the the only one that can see it. I have to point it out in order for others to see it and in the sun its impossible for myself to see it. Now here is my debate, I took it to my dealership today and they said they would repaint it. I requested a repainted bumber from the Ford Factory itself but the service man said that "if" Ford sent a new bumper it would not be painted and the dealsership would have to paint. So my questions is, should I let the dealership paint it themselves, should I try to get a new bumper and let the dealership paint it or just leave it alone? By the way is my dealership pulling my leg or can the Ford factory send me a new painted bumper? My concern is that after waxing and buffing it over a period of time that it might get worse and noticable. I really hate to have a repainted bumber on my new Mustang if you know what I mean.
dtdebuty, congrats on that car!

I just test drove my first '05 GT today. About a 20 minute drive over some back roads and city streets. INCREDIBLE! Love the quick steering - when I got back in my '95, the steering felt really sluggish in comparison. It was a Satin Silver like yours, but had the dark charcoal leather interior (with IUP), but no red accent option. I came thisclose to actually buying it, but I want to hold off until I actually see what the red accent color looks like in person. I think it might look great with the Satin Silver. Can't wait to see your pics!

As far as the paint issue, I don't know... If you're the only one who can see it, then it must not be too bad, or it's your imagination. B)

But seriously, I don't think there is any substitute for factory paint. It's all done by robots so supposedly there's a precision to the uniformity of the paint thickness that is almost impossible for a human to duplicate. And even if the color coat is thin as you suspect, the clearcoat should protect it so that it won't get any worse by you waxing it. If it was me, I would not have the dealer repaint it, but it's not me, so you'll have to decide.

Speaking of that Satin Silver, I was looking at it real closely today at the dealer's lot in the bright sun, and I was surprised that there was noticeable orange peel in the color coat on the trunk. I couldn't see any on the rest of the car though. On my '95, the laser red paint has no orange peel anywhere.

Good luck with it!
Old 12/16/04, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SilverBullet+December 14, 2004, 2:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SilverBullet @ December 14, 2004, 2:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kerafaith@December 14, 2004, 2:39 PM
Kera,

Thanks very much for the wishes and the welcome.

I did get the IUP with an interior of Dark Charcoal leather. If we ever get some decent weather around this area I'll be able to get a couple more pictures to round out the thread.

The story behind the transmission . . . it's an automatic. We will be relocating to the Monterey Peninsula area soon and my wife doesn't feel confortable handling the manual with all the hills, etc. for in-town driving. My original '67 was manual and she handled that with no problem (we both drove sticks 'till we got old and lazy ). I went along with her on this item.

Ron [/b][/quote]
Congrats SilverBullet "We will be relocating to the Monterey Peninsula area soon" -- You & that car will be a match made in heaven out there -- Used to live in Carmel. Most wonderful place I've ever been this side north of Costa Rica. Enjoy!!

Quick Reply: Members' Rides: 2005+