2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Members' Rides: 2005+

Search this Thread

Old 12/17/04, 05:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by dtdebuty@December 16, 2004, 8:01 PM
First thing is on the front bumber, right infont of the headlight you can she 3-4 shaded areas where the paint went on a little thin. Its not too bad as I am the the only one that can see it. I have to point it out in order for others to see it and in the sun its impossible for myself to see it. Now here is my debate, I took it to my dealership today and they said they would repaint it. I requested a repainted bumber from the Ford Factory itself but the service man said that "if" Ford sent a new bumper it would not be painted and the dealsership would have to paint. So my questions is, should I let the dealership paint it themselves, should I try to get a new bumper and let the dealership paint it or just leave it alone? By the way is my dealership pulling my leg or can the Ford factory send me a new painted bumper? My concern is that after waxing and buffing it over a period of time that it might get worse and noticable. I really hate to have a repainted bumber on my new Mustang if you know what I mean.
Silver Bullet, welcome and hope you enjoy your new car!! Sounds awesome.
I am a service advisor at a Ford dealer, and if your paint boo boo is that small-by all means leave it alone. If it appears to be a color issue, do not worry about buffing through it as the clear coat is probably not affected.

As an aside all of the cars I have seen come through (incuding mine) have been about as defect free as ANY car from any mass producer I have ever seen-makes me proud!
Old 12/17/04, 12:06 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lucky lou . . . I know what you mean. We've been going there for many years now and each time I try to get a Mustang Convertible. Managed to get one about three times over all . . . the GT, however, will be much better.

dtdebuty . . . Sorry to hear about the color blend. I'm a little bummed myself right now also. When we picked the Silver Bullet up a week ago Thursday it was raining. Well it rained for about five days straight (off and on) and then it was just cloudy for another couple days. This past Wednesday I got to finally see the car in the real sunlight for the first time and noticed a smear in the paint just above the windshield, driver's side. I took the car in yesterday hoping it was just some new car prep left over or something like that but the service manager checked it and said it was below the clear coat. Well, they took pictures and sent them back to FoMoCo and about an hour later they called and told me they had the go-ahead to repaint. I've seen some of their work so I know it's first class but I'm disappointed that it has to be done. I'm hoping that because the top is almost a separate section (black plastic runners on each side and the front and rear windows) it might not be a noticeable.

Tiberius . . . Thanks for the welcome. Even the paint episode has been unable to remove the smile from my face.

Ron
Old 12/17/04, 12:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Silver bullitt, I feel for you , that is a bunch of BS on a brand new car, what happen to quality control and inspection
Old 12/17/04, 02:17 PM
Cobra Member

Hope I do this right, im not very net savy. Just brought 'er home last night. 05 mustang GT premium, charcoal interior, sonic blue exterior, interior upgrade package, side air bags, auto. I was dissapointed at first that it was automatic, the only standard was silver and had no IUP, also had some goofy looking 20 inch chrome rims on it. but I'm starting to get used to it, still look for the clutch when starting up and try to down shift when I turn. But getting the color I wanted with the IUP was worth sacrificing the stick. Now what to do with my free hand

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/82453c23/db...hZ50wBBVUyzies6

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/82453c23/db...hxC1wBBGqRK5sJA

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/82453c23/db...hxC1wBBYpdTH6LJ

I LOVE IT!!
Old 12/17/04, 05:57 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nynvoly, your link isn't working so well. Please fix it since I'd like to check out your pics!

Or maybe just post the pics from your Hard Drive........
Old 12/17/04, 06:34 PM
Cobra Member

I'm not sure how to do it, tried the attach thingy but don't think it worked

Old 12/17/04, 08:17 PM

Here is my 05.
Old 12/17/04, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Mike, that's my car. How did you get it? Just joking. Welcom to the site. Although that is the what mine will look like on the exterior. It's scheduled to be built the week of 1/3 & out the door at 1/10. Hoping that's true. How about posting some pixs of the interior.

Again congrats on the new set of wheels. I LOVE the Mineral Grey and am stoked that they offered it again this year.

Happy Holidays
Old 12/17/04, 08:47 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's proof that simplicity is beautiful!
Old 12/17/04, 08:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@December 17, 2004, 9:50 PM
That's proof that simplicity is beautiful!
Hey John, you're ordering MY CAR! Can't wait to see pix of it on the boards... I'm starting to think I'll never get one.
Old 12/17/04, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by kerafaith@December 17, 2004, 9:42 PM
Hey Mike, that's my car. How did you get it? Just joking. Welcom to the site. Although that is the what mine will look like on the exterior. It's scheduled to be built the week of 1/3 & out the door at 1/10. Hoping that's true. How about posting some pixs of the interior.

Again congrats on the new set of wheels. I LOVE the Mineral Grey and am stoked that they offered it again this year.

Happy Holidays
The interior pictures I have right now are dark.
I will try to take some new ones tomorrow.
Old 12/17/04, 09:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Silverbullet:

I hate to here about your car as well. Its very disturbing just for the fact that it is a brand new car that we ordered and purchased. When it comes to a new car and the money we spent on it you expect it to be PERFECT down to the details. Especially if your the kind of person that takes care of it on a daily basis as ourselves. Anyways, I am still in love with the car but I am thinking about calling FORD to report my complaint. I am doing this so maybe they will atleast inspect with more detail than they obviously are at this time. I think at this point I will just leave it as it is just because it would kill me knowing that my brand new pony has already been painted. The only thing that would make me happy is a painted bumper from the Ford factory. Its funny how things have worked out with our Mustangs. You received yours last Thursday and so did I. I had rain where I live and it finally cleared out by Wednesday and thats when I noticed the thin paint so I was at the Ford dealership yesterday late afternoon. Not to mention the color which is the same. Well I wish you the best of luck silverbullet.

wjones14

I will have pics posted sometime tomorrow. Thanks for the advice by the way.
Old 12/18/04, 07:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Welcome, Mike. Nice to see another V6. Looks fantastic in Mineral Grey. Best of luck with it!
Old 12/18/04, 10:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here's a few. I will try to get more. The exterior did not come out good due to the sun.
Old 12/18/04, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Can anyone tell me how to insert more than one picture at a time?
Old 12/18/04, 10:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well here's the last one with the interior. By the way anyone that wants to upgrade to the red Leather Interior, I saw on eBay last night a brand new one that some guys is selling with a starting bid of $300.00. Incudes everything front and back seats. It is the original '05 mustand seats by the way. Anyone interested let me know and I will try to find it again and copy the link. Well I am fixing to hop in my pony and try to get some X-mas shoppind done.
Old 12/18/04, 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

By the way. I need some opinions. I am thinking about getting 2 pony emblems (the one from the V6 side fenders) and placing them on my "05 right in between the front in back window on each side of the car. What do you all think?
Old 12/18/04, 10:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congratulations to everyone on there new mustangs.

Golfer:

Love your new V6. I test drove one just like yours and it is one heck of a drive. I almost got a V6 but was set on a GT ever since I had my '00 V6.
Old 12/18/04, 10:49 AM

Hey everybody, has anybody seen the pictures for the 2006 gt? I have a 05 gt that hasn't arrived at the dealer yet but it should be here in two weeks so I'll try to some pictures of it up then.
Old 12/18/04, 11:26 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by dtdebuty@December 18, 2004, 12:36 PM
By the way. I need some opinions. I am thinking about getting 2 pony emblems (the one from the V6 side fenders) and placing them on my "05 right in between the front in back window on each side of the car. What do you all think?
dt,

Really looks "cool". I wish I could get some real sun so I could get some better photos. Doesn't look like much hope all next week either.

I'm scheduled for re-paint on the 28th. Not really concerned though. Shouldn't have gotten out of the factory that way but I'm still glad it did.

Didn't the service manager even suggest that they take the digital photos to transmit to Ford? I would be inclined to do some photo work on my own, in your case, and ship them off to Ford. But, I can see your reluctance and probably, in thinking about it, would try to put it out of my mind. The good thing is though, you now have or should have a record of the problem and in case something shows up a little worse later on.

I'm not sure I know which emblems but if it's the horse in the verticle red, white, blue stripe I would hope it's available as a 'stick-on' in case you didn't like it or wanted it off later. The ones on my '67 had locating pins and I just couldn't bear to drill holes in the new one.

To the rest of all youze guys!! stop putting so many pictures up here, I can't get any work done. Spending entirely too much time cruising this forum!!

I'm sure y'all know I'm kidding. It's really great to see all the support and interest spurred on by the retro-design. Boy, I sure miss my old '67.

Ron

Quick Reply: Members' Rides: 2005+