Leak or normal

Search this Thread

Old 11/25/06, 04:17 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Spirit
Not sure what service was like in the 1960's (I can only imagine it was very good and courteous), but when Ford decided to model the 2005+ Mustang after the 60's model, the service should have been modeled like service back in the 60's. (There are still 60's mustangs out there, there must be a reason for that).
I don`t know about that. From what I remember as a very young man back then , customer service was all but a memory , it was the "Like it or Lump it" attitude amongst most all retail and service agencies. Customer service came back into "Vogue" around the late 80`s to early 90`s. When it was finally my turn to pay back all of those snotty and bastardly asses with the kind of service they doled out for so long , I was prevented by the "Customer is allways right " mandate. Seems like they finally wised up about customers leaving for other stores and brands. Lots of BIG BIG names did not make it.

And back then , it was much easier to work on your own car also.
Old 12/1/06, 09:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KdF
I don`t know about that. From what I remember as a very young man back then , customer service was all but a memory , it was the "Like it or Lump it" attitude amongst most all retail and service agencies. Customer service came back into "Vogue" around the late 80`s to early 90`s. When it was finally my turn to pay back all of those snotty and bastardly asses with the kind of service they doled out for so long , I was prevented by the "Customer is allways right " mandate. Seems like they finally wised up about customers leaving for other stores and brands. Lots of BIG BIG names did not make it.

And back then , it was much easier to work on your own car also.
I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same. For some reason I have an idealistic vision of those hey days in the sixties. Anyways, I got a call from the dealer service director 2 days ago. I love it when they follow up with you and ask how your service was. They expect you to say it went well. I replied honestly, and now the next time I go, he insisted that I call him so that he ensures I get served courteously. I'll have to see how that goes.