2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Lady parked her car on mine last night

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/05, 08:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No worries about the rant. You're entitled. I'm going through a hassle of my own regarding my GT. With only 300 miles on it, I took it into the local dealer (not the one I bought from as he is 50 miles away) to have an OEM alarm installed since I didn't want some kid at a stereo or alarm shop messing with my car.

Well, it turns out the guy at the dealer messed up my car. He left a kick panel and the driver side carpet loose, which is not a big deal. The big deal is he managed to scratch up my dash in two places. The small panel under the steering wheel and the panel over the glove box (part of the one big piece that includes the dash top), which is VERY noticeable. They are deep scratches that none of my plastic detailing stuff made any difference on. I'm guessing he had a screwdriver blade or wire cutters sticking out of his back pocket while he was crawling around under the dash.

I told the service writer that I left you a brand-new car and I want those portions of the dash they damaged replaced with brand-new parts. He said the service manager wants to have their detail guy try touching it up before they consider replacing any of the dash. I'm sure they just want to minimize the cost to the dealership but, on the other hand, if they can't install an alarm without #@$%ing up my car who knows what they will do to the wiring, passenger air bag, etc., if I let them they rip apart my dash to replace the largest piece of it.

I'm going out of town for 10 days, so I'll have to deal with it when I get back. :angry:
Old 4/1/05, 08:26 AM
V6 Member

I think I will now carry my digital wherever I go - once I get the car. The culture and society we live in now days really does S*ck! Whatever happened to the attitude and caring for other people's privacy/property that the "Greatest Generation" had? This baby boomer thing has definitely gone the wrong way - and our kids are worse then our generation! Nice example that lady set for her teenage sone!
Old 4/1/05, 03:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@March 31, 2005, 11:54 AM
I was with someone once that when we walked to their car, there was a BIG ding in the door with light blue paint in the crease. Next to the car just happened to be sitting a light blue Chrysler, and shockingly there was scratched off blue paint missing from the edge of its door at the same height as the ding. His solution: he kicked in the door of the Chrysler with his steel-toed factory shoes, caving in the whole door, and looked at me saying, "Next time they will think twice before they don't pay attention opening their door".

Two wrongs will never make one right, sad how "someone" could think it would. Sad, very sad. :notnice:
Old 4/1/05, 03:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MustangDan+April 1, 2005, 4:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MustangDan @ April 1, 2005, 4:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KansasCityTim@March 31, 2005, 11:54 AM
I was with someone once that when we walked to their car, there was a BIG ding in the door with light blue paint in the crease. Next to the car just happened to be sitting a light blue Chrysler, and shockingly there was scratched off blue paint missing from the edge of its door at the same height as the ding. His solution: he kicked in the door of the Chrysler with his steel-toed factory shoes, caving in the whole door, and looked at me saying, "Next time they will think twice before they don't pay attention opening their door".

Two wrongs will never make one right, sad how "someone" could think it would. Sad, very sad. :notnice:
[/b][/quote]

Does there always have to be a preacher in the group?
Old 4/1/05, 04:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

u got those pics?
Old 4/1/05, 05:07 PM
Cobra R Member

I always have my camera and extra batteries with me. So far, I have not had to use them.
Old 4/4/05, 10:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Cool

this will sound like one of those "no...really!" stories but I was there and I saw it all.

Mid 1980's I was talking with a friend in a strip mall parking lot in rural Virginia. From about 3 rows over we hear a "crash". We look over and there are 3 college age guys getting out of POS 73' camaro (you know, the kind with TWO kinds of bondo on it). They had ran into this Taurus and then just backed up. They got out laughing. My friend and I had just decided to go in and call the police (pre cell phone) when a older 50'ish lady walks up to the Taurus. She's PO'd to the max. We tell her what we saw and offer to call the cops and be witnes's (sp). She is thanking us when the guys in the camaro come out. "oh man" I think...this is gonna get ugly. Sure enough she starts yelling (but not cussing) and the guys just laugh. They look at us and crack their knuckles like they want us to jump in (sorry....a dented bumper is not worth a bad case of lumps). They told her "too bad...guess you'll have to call the cops" At this point my friend and I are watching the guys more closely than the older lady. So when we heard the VERY DISTINCTIVE sound of a slide being worked on a pistol we swiveled quickly to her. There's grandma with a Colt Gold Cup .45 auto in her hand. "Oh <poop>...She's gonnna pop these guys and we are right here beside her" The 3 large jerk-offs suddenly show their true colors and start saying "hey we're sorry" "look...I don't know these guys" ...etc. She very calmly tells me and my friend to go call the local sherrif's office (rattled off the number to the switchboard). We ran inside and called. The operator asked if the lady was in a blue taurus (she was)....then the operator laughs...."Yeah, that''s Sherrif Peeler's wife...somebody will be right over". Needless to say 3 cruiser's broke the sound barrier getting there. The deputies never even looked at the Sherrif's wife but quickly put the 3 jerks in cuffs. Of couse the jerks were now acting big and making threats. They were put in the back of a squad car and whisked off. One deputy told the sherrif's wife they would have them waiting when she got there. She put her gun in her purse and told me and my friend she owed us for being honorable men and not running when it got tight (I didn't tell her I was thinking about it).
She gave us one of her husbands business cards and told us if we ever needed anything to give him a call....

Jay
Old 4/4/05, 10:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

why would the 3 jerks be put in cuffs.....they were guilty of hitting her car...and then being jerks. She pulls a gun on them...they start peeing their pants...and the cops show up.

???
Old 4/4/05, 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@April 4, 2005, 10:25 AM
why would the 3 jerks be put in cuffs.....they were guilty of hitting her car...and then being jerks. She pulls a gun on them...they start peeing their pants...and the cops show up.

???
Uh...you're from California....this happened in rural Virginia.....I could try to explain it to you...but I still don't think you would get it.

Yes, she was the Sherrifs wife...but that made it much worse. In these parts (NC/VA) if you run your mouth to cop you usually wind up in cuffs pretty quickly. If you run your mouth to a cops wife you usually wind up in cuffs and missing some teeth.

That may sound non-pc to someone who lives in Rodney King country but then again, most people around here have a lot of respect for police officers. Usually when you see people talking to one it's a "Yes Sir - No Sir" kind of discussion.

Did that clear it up?

Jay
Old 4/4/05, 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@April 4, 2005, 11:25 AM

???

Ya don't start acting like a jerk in rural VA/WVA/Tenn. Cops/Sheriff will take you to the pokey to ask the questions. If it works out to your benefit you can then walk back to your car. Rural Virginia is different than any metro areas of this country.
Old 4/4/05, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Great story!
Old 4/4/05, 12:31 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[/quote]

You are right. 2 wrongs don't make a right. That is why I at least kick their car 3 times. Kinda like fish, never buy them in pairs so I always leave dents using odd numbers and if you don't have steel-toe boots, the tire iron works pretty dark good.

Don't worry, I have learned to keep my anger under control. What I do now is use a screwdriver to carve a circle around the missing paint on their door. I then point an arrow to the circle and write "Contact your insurance to have the paint replaced that you left on my car". If I don't have time to carve all of that in the side of their car I just put "what was I thinking".
Old 4/4/05, 01:45 PM
Cobra Member

I realize the chances are slim that I'll be in Canada in the near future, but I'm not parking anywhere near Adrenalin's car, unless it's a rental.
Old 4/4/05, 01:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin,April 4, 2005, 12:34 PM
You are right. 2 wrongs don't make a right. That is why I at least kick their car 3 times. Kinda like fish, never buy them in pairs so I always leave dents using odd numbers and if you don't have steel-toe boots, the tire iron works pretty dark good.
[/quote]

HEY adrenalin....you mind taking care of a carless semi truck driver for me cause i have a feeling i'm gonna have a hard time getting their insurance company to cover the damage to my bumper that was sustained when the MF'er hit me....