2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Lady parked her car on mine last night

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/05, 02:33 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't feel bad at all about the rant, this is definitely the place to do it, it made me feel better when I was rear-ended a few weeks ago. The people on this forum are really supportive.

You handled yourself perfectly, and great thinking with the camera.

Pig headed drivers with no depth perception, can't live with them,
can't bury them deep enough the dogs won't find them.
Old 3/31/05, 02:38 PM

perfect example:

http://www.pinnacle-apparel.com/womendrivers.wmv
Old 3/31/05, 03:02 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by rrobello@March 31, 2005, 9:29 AM
"It's only a car!" Why do people say that? Even if it were only a car its not your car it belongs to someone else, do not treat it like crap. I felt like punching her son (highschool) and saying its only a kid.

you make a really good point there.

And you handled the situation perfectly imo
Old 3/31/05, 03:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rrobello@March 31, 2005, 10:29 AM
because it is Ceaser Chavez Day here in Cali and everything is closed, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. (Im bitter today if you cant tell).

Wait, why am I at work if it's a holiday? Oh, I forgot, I don't work or live in The Peoples Republic of California. Tomorrow is April Fools Day, is that an official holiday too? Because if it is, I'm moving there

PS, sorry about your car, people are so careless.
Old 3/31/05, 03:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by 05_stang@March 31, 2005, 3:41 PM
perfect example:

Old 3/31/05, 03:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 05_stang@March 31, 2005, 4:41 PM
perfect example:

Great video clip! Was that "Malcolm In The Middle?" Hysterical show!
Old 3/31/05, 04:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, I think it was! That was awesome! I should watch that show more often!
Old 3/31/05, 04:40 PM
GT Member

Excuse me woman driver here, and I would never do that to anyone's car let alone a Mustang. I find the safest places to park are beside other mustangs because, we owners seem to have more respect for eachother than non-mustang people. And beside It's not just a car it's a stang!!
Old 3/31/05, 05:24 PM
GT Member

I'm sorry that happened to you. People can be such asses sometimes. Major props for taking pics with your digital camera and you handled the situation very well.
Old 3/31/05, 05:35 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@March 31, 2005, 11:54 AM
I was with someone once that when we walked to their car, there was a BIG ding in the door with light blue paint in the crease. Next to the car just happened to be sitting a light blue Chrysler, and shockingly there was scratched off blue paint missing from the edge of its door at the same height as the ding. His solution: he kicked in the door of the Chrysler with his steel-toed factory shoes, caving in the whole door, and looked at me saying, "Next time they will think twice before they don't pay attention opening their door".

Old 3/31/05, 05:56 PM
GT Member

"It's only a car!" Why do people say that? Even if it were only a car its not your car it belongs to someone else, do not treat it like crap. I felt like punching her son (highschool) and saying its only a kid. (And I am only joking about that last part dont hate on me, its only a joke).

I would say, her car is just a car. Your car is a beautiful peice of history that you probably waited 3+ months to get and would like to keep in good condition.

F B.

Old 3/31/05, 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

That video was some funny poop
Old 3/31/05, 07:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 05_stang@March 31, 2005, 4:41 PM
perfect example:

HAHA, oh my gosh, that was great! I love it!
Old 3/31/05, 07:09 PM
GT Member

Sorry to hear about the crazy lady taking a chunk out of the 'Stang, at least it wasn't too severe. Like you say, attitude and tact is everything. If she had been apologetic and cool-headed, things could have gone much better -- for both of you!! Too bad she had to be a ***** and will pay the price. What goes around comes around!

When I was in college in Orlando, my buddy was taking me to McNamara Pontiac to pick up my Trans Am when some dude pulled a U-turn right next to us and smashed into the side of my friend's Ford Probe. Spun us around 180 degrees. The driver turned out to be a 15-year-old kid who'd gotten bored of waiting for his mommy to finish her shift at the office (he was at work with her) so he took her car and left. Obviously had neither a license nor insurance. The kid begged my friend not to call the cops, but my friend was livid and said "Oh heck no, I'm calling the Florida highway patrol RIGHT NOW." Then the kid's mom showed up and spent the next half hour telling us what an idiot her son was and how she was going to kick his butt! LOL.

Anyway, good luck getting your bumper returned to like-new condition!
Old 3/31/05, 08:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

rrobello,

like others have said, excellent that you had the camera, and you handled the whole thing well. hopefully it works out that you can buff out the damage or get it fixed as good as new.

Unfortunately, to a lot of people, a car is "only a car," even if it's a Mustang. I don't think it's so much that they don't have respect for other folks' property - to them a car is something that's necessary for transportation, and it's going to get nicked so they don't worry about that. I'm sure you've noticed that most parking lots have parking places painted so small that if you parked in them on a daily basis, your car would be a mass of dents and scratches in time.

Most of us will look for end parking places, and out-of-the-way parking places, to avoid nicks, but if your car is a daily driver, you'll be REALLY lucky to avoid all parking lot nicks.

I'm dreading my first one for sure, but during the course of several years, I think it's inevitable something will happen sooner or later. :angry:
Old 3/31/05, 11:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems that the same people who hit your vehicle are
the same ones who don't care or take responsiblity for their
actions.

Something I'm not too proud of;(HotHead) I keyed an Expedition that
had it's tow hooks stuck in my front bumper when I returned
to the parking lot.
:angry:
Old 3/31/05, 11:30 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by shestangs@March 31, 2005, 5:43 PM
Excuse me woman driver here, and I would never do that to anyone's car let alone a Mustang. I find the safest places to park are beside other mustangs because, we owners seem to have more respect for eachother than non-mustang people. And beside It's not just a car it's a stang!!
^5 to you! I do the same thing...and if I can't find another stang to park next to, I find another nice piece of American muscle or usually anyone backed into a space is a dead gice away of someone who respects other peoples cars. I am one of the few women drivers who back in to every space and usually far, far away from all idiots!
Old 3/31/05, 11:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

You handled the situation with patience and maturity. Bravo. Sorry about your car.

It is particularly frustrating to deal with an individual who will not admit that they were wrong or made a mistake. Obviously, nobody wants to be wrong or make mistakes, but it is part of the human condition. Some of us accept this fact more gracefully than others, and some don't accept that they are ever wrong. It is just too threating to their fragile psyche. It would be my guess that even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, she has somehow figured out in her mind that it wasn't her fault...somehow, someway, it just couldn't have been her fault. Also, you are now the bad guy for pointing out that she is human, has made a mistake and are insisting that she take responsibility for her mistake. I bet she didn't even apologize.

This is a kind of behavior from people that is all too common in our society. Not having respect for property is one thing. But not having respect of each other is on an entirely different level, and it gnaws at our whole society. It causes us not to trust one another, respect one another, or be concerned for one another. I believe that it is a matter of enlightened self-interest to worry about the well-being of others. In other words, when I worry about you and not just myself, I'm actually being selfish, becuase it is in my best interest to worry about you. I'm better off if everyone else is better off. But I digress... I can illustrate my point with what happened to you. If I bumped into your car, you wouldn't need your camera, because I would accept responsiblilty for my mistake and accept the consequences for that mistake. After all, I'm human, not perfect. Besides, it would make me too grumpy to be perfect.

Sorry for that dissertation...I guess that's my rant for the day.
Old 4/1/05, 06:50 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by smitty@April 1, 2005, 1:46 AM
In other words, when I worry about you and not just myself, I'm actually being selfish, becuase it is in my best interest to worry about you. I'm better off if everyone else is better off.
Beautifully said, Smitty. "Fountainhead" author Ayn Rand said the same thing, only differently. She maintained that there are certain forms of selfishness that are beneficial to mankind. The quest for knowledge is a perfect example.

Rand on Humanity: "My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute." — Ayn Rand

Your "rant" was well-received.
Old 4/1/05, 08:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by rrobello+March 31, 2005, 11:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rrobello @ March 31, 2005, 11:29 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> I felt like punching her son (highschool) and saying its only a kid. (And I am only joking about that last part dont hate on me, its only a joke).[/b]

You sound like my wife.

<!--QuoteBegin-SurfnSoCal
@March 31, 2005, 1:01 PM
On a funnier note for everyone else....

As Richard was telling me this story last night on the phone, I just so happen to be driving through Encinitas (where he works). As he is talking he says

him- "Oh the sickest 05 GT just drove by!"

me- "Oh really, where are you? I am in encinitas! I want to see it"

him- "El Camino Real and Leucadia"

me- "Wait, I just passed through intersection..."

Needless to say, he saw my car as we were talking. LOL.

Thanks for the compliment Richard....hahahaha.
[/quote]

That happend to my wife and me. I was at an intersection and saw her. She saw my car but not me. She got the phone out to call me and tell me about the 05 she sees. Then I got closer and she saw me.

Quick Reply: Lady parked her car on mine last night