2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I don't get why people do mods!

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/05, 07:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My personal take is the same as many others

Appearance Mods make it look different (stand out in a crowd)
Look at Harley Davidson, Seems to me one could spend more on appearance mods for a harley than the bike itself, especially when some people have to get a new wardrobe that says harley on it :shock: I only say this because my sister has one and seems to be this way

Performance Mods are there so you can stand out in a crowd as well, and by standing out I mean car lengths ahead

But I think the main reason to mod is for yourself, who cares what others think, if you like it the way it is keep it that way, if you like something extra get it
Old 4/6/05, 07:36 PM
FR500 Member

Well let's see how the topic title stands up to good ole logic

I don't get why people do mods!, Why buy the car then?
To do mods.....DUH! Can't mod what you don't have

Analysis: The title creates what is known as an infinite loop, which when left unchecked can destroy the space-time continuem resulting in utter chaos!
Old 4/7/05, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@April 6, 2005, 6:39 PM

Analysis: The title creates what is known as an infinite loop, which when left unchecked can destroy the space-time continuem resulting in utter chaos!
OMG... We can't have utter chaos in here!
Old 4/7/05, 03:28 PM
GT Member

Some would say "Because I can" They see it as making the car unique or personal.

Some would say "Makes it better". They may feel they are getting more bang for their buck.

Basically Performance and what you think looks good. (What people think looks good varies widely)

I am a biker and have seen people modify, cut, chop, etc. for all sorts of reasons.

It boils down to this (not trying to be like Altoid so don't take it that way), if you pay for the car, then you can do anything you would like to it. Beauty, and even sometime functionality is in the eyes of the beholder.

Oscar
Old 4/7/05, 03:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Tyson@April 5, 2005, 10:06 PM
You're right...it is the first thing I asked...WHY? because it's my opinion!!! If you want a dictatorship where everyone needs to have YOUR opinion then why live in America?

you like your opinion but you are very defensive toward our opinion that your remark about ruining the car was idiotic.
Save your time responding to this cause this whole thread is week and a waist of time
Old 4/7/05, 04:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@April 6, 2005, 7:39 PM

SixtySix,

The last couple of weeks of March your stuff just wasn't there, like if you were in a slump or something. The month April you're back with the thoughtful zings that I really enjoy.

Thanks

MustangDan
Old 4/7/05, 04:51 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Tyson@April 5, 2005, 4:22 PM
You're right the car won't even be considered a classic for AT LEAST 25 years.

But modifying it serves no purpose...if you don't like the car to begin with why waste the money buying it plus the money to modify it. Why can't people just enjoy the car the way it is?
?

Count the number of accessible cars that go 12s or faster under 30 grand? You cant, nuff said.
Old 4/7/05, 05:56 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by MustangDan@April 5, 2005, 4:46 PM
If the GT badges didn't have a ploit hole I'd remove them, it it was easy I'd put the v6 gas badge on instead ot the GT. I haven't desided on the mud flaps, snowtires, chains and bike rack yet. I almost forgot we are replaceing the leather streeing wheel and we talked about it and we are not putting a bumper sticker on that says "My other car is a WindStar".

Just got my k&n filter today, GT mufflers are on the way, and by the way my other car is a windstar, [ 4 kids need a bus] but I would rather put 'My other car is a mustang' on that pos instead of any stickers in the stang.
Old 4/7/05, 06:29 PM
GT Member

Just might slap a sticker on the back of the Freelander that says "My other car is a Mustang, not a POS like this one"