2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I don't get why people do mods!

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/05, 09:54 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultimatley modding a car is a form of art, a form of expressing yourself and just making the car suit not only who you are personally but suit your driving wants/needs. Not only that, it's a hobby. It's something that I personally enjoy doing. So, you can have fun while also adding value to your car. Why do people modify their homes? I bought a perfectly good house, but I still spend my time and money adding things to it, making it more valuable. And also making it suit my own personal needs and style. Tyson, you seem to have this outlook where you don't think you should buy anything unless you are going to not change a thing about it. So, you've never painted a room in your house a new color or maybe upgraded an appliance or some electronics? You've never ordered a perfectly good pizza and then added cheese or some red pepper to it? Do you have any tattoos? You can pretty much modify anything. And I'm sure if you think about it, you have modified many things in your life. This world of millions of people would be pretty boring if everyone and everything was like the guy down the street. If you have a fear of expressing yourself though, and want to blend in with everyone else, go right ahead. But do me a favor and don't insult my car by saying I ruined it by modding it. You might as well just insult my wife.
Old 4/5/05, 10:00 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Tyson@April 5, 2005, 3:13 PM
Who is going to ruin the car buying doing modifications to it?

This is the first question that you asked. You didn't ask who is going to mod or who has mods. You asked who is going to "ruin" their car by modding it. You didn't expect people to get defensive? :scratch:
Old 4/5/05, 10:03 PM
GT Member

You're right...it is the first thing I asked...WHY? because it's my opinion!!! If you want a dictatorship where everyone needs to have YOUR opinion then why live in America?
Old 4/5/05, 10:20 PM
FR500 Member

You are entitled to your own opinion. I never stated that you, or anyone else, has to share mine. It is the fact that your opinion was in itself an insult to me and everyone else who has or plans to mod their new Mustang. So, that is why some of us may have gotten defensive. But we are expressing our opinions at the same time. If you think that our opinions are aggressive, or immature as you stated, just look back to the first opinion of this poll... the one that you made. You could have simply said that you chose not to mod your car, and what is everyone elses opinion on the subject. You didn't have to use the word ruin. So, don't get your feelings hurt when others are agressive in return.
Old 4/5/05, 10:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Tyson@April 5, 2005, 10:06 PM
You're right...it is the first thing I asked...WHY? because it's my opinion!!! If you want a dictatorship where everyone needs to have YOUR opinion then why live in America?

You said "Who is going to be the first to ruin their car?" ---that is a direct question!

If you weren't expecting some heated responses from your question, you are on the wrong website.

It's obvious that your opinion is to keep the car stock, so why ask a question like that? You know how are people are going to react, and when they do, you get your panties all in a bunch. It's like you're looking to argue. What gives?

Don't listen to me though, I "ruined" my car.
Old 4/5/05, 11:05 PM
V6 Member

hes going to hate my 65, Ill give him that much
Old 4/6/05, 12:17 AM
GT Member

America boys...if you don't like freedom of speech, feel free to leave. You guys getting all aggressive over my opinion of doing mods to the 2005 Mustang GT is why this world is screwed up to begin with. Not enough listening and to much anger...Be angry boys, show your aggression against me because of on an opinion I made

If I said who is going to ruin a pizza by not putting chicken on it, then I guess you might take offense to that too, if you don't like chicken on your pizza? Time to grow up boys.

Well boys eat all the pizza you want, do all the mods you want, but when someone says something you don't like, then don't get all upset just because it's against what you believe. Be big boys and stop your pouting.

Enough said. (from me anyway - you guys can't rant all you want - see how long you can keep the thread going)
Old 4/6/05, 04:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
heck yeah I'm gonna mod! I'll say the same thing to anyone who questions why - the same thing I tell my wife: "Silly girl!" Even though she's fully supportive in my endeavors, she doesn't understand.
Old 4/6/05, 05:21 AM
Cobra Member

Tyson, has this thread answered your questions?
Old 4/6/05, 06:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Why do you buy different clothes then the people around you?
Why do you cut your hair differently?
Why do they paint cars different colors?

That's called personal preferences.

I have added mods to some of the cars I've owned in the past and some I haven't.
Once again personal preference.

I hope you enjoy your Mustang according to your personal preferences.
Old 4/6/05, 06:37 AM
Bullitt Member

You obviously are NEW to the Mustang phenomena....
Old 4/6/05, 06:38 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not ranting but I don't see how modding a car is "ruining" a car. Each person has their own ideas. Personally, I didn't like either rims that came with the car so I replaced them. All the jaw drops and "nice F'in car" I hear pretty much tells me that the mods I did are just fine in the eyes of most people. You don't like mods, that is fine by me. I don't like some either, such as when a person puts a whaletail spoiler on the stang, that is a bit much.
Old 4/6/05, 06:53 AM
Cobra Member

Tyson, has this thread answered your questions?
Old 4/6/05, 08:01 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Chris, sounds like you are pushing to get this thread locked
Old 4/6/05, 08:30 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@April 6, 2005, 9:04 AM
Chris, sounds like you are pushing to get this thread locked
Nope. Just curious if Tyson's questions were answered to his satisfaction. I fear he may have shot himself in the foot. What will happen if he changes his mind down the road? What if he decides to mod his 'Stang in the future? Given his point of view, do you think anyone would want to offer him advice? Some people are not very forgiving!

By the way, your car looks better every time I see it! Excellent mods, John!
Old 4/6/05, 08:33 AM
FR500 Member

I smell troll
Old 4/6/05, 08:34 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Gotta agree with you there. The chance of him getting support would be pretty slim, however, I would be more than happy to help change his mind.

I really don't think my car is ruined because a lot of the dealerships around here now have stripes on their Sonic blue cars, the bastards I am still waiting for my louvers and tri-bar spinners. That boat from China must be stuck in an ice flow or something.
Old 4/6/05, 09:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well here goes my opion. I may be sorry I did this. When I came to this site and started to read all the modifications individuals were making to their car. I thought that is silly, If you want to build race cars there has to be a cheaper format to start with. So there is a piece of me that agrees with Tyson.

Now that having been said since seeing sequential taillights and some of the engine dress up parts, they do look pretty sharp. So I may make some changes. (If mine ever gets built)

Tyson said 'ruin' in his eyes it may be ruining a nice car and it is his opion. Maybe he should have stated his opion a little less aggressively so as to not inflame so many people. But, maybe he realized we are talking about an internet chat forum and a CAR. Not the major problems in the world today.

Now, to call names because someone doesn't agree with your ideas or say he is not enthusiastic about his car, is as wrong as the way he phrased his question and stated his opion.

It is this type of quick to guns (so to speak) philosophy that is causing people to be shot and beaten in traffic for cutting someone off, or cutting in line at the grocery.

Oh well just my opion flame away!!
Old 4/6/05, 09:31 AM
FR500 Member

Seems to me like the guy is shallow. And few people are going to share his opinion on not modding a car at all, especially a Mustang. That's all well and good, but he better hope him and I don't ever pull up next to each other at a stoplight. Because his stock car not only will be getting no looks compared to mine, but I'll also smoke his hiney off the line. So, Tyson, keep your car slower and more boring than mine or anyone else who mods the engine and exterior. That' more fun for the ones who do. We'll just stand out more and go faster. Nothing wrong with either of those two things. That's why I bought the new Mustang afterall.
Old 4/6/05, 09:37 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@April 5, 2005, 5:34 PM
I sure am glad I ruined my car
:yes: :banana2:

Quick Reply: I don't get why people do mods!