2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I don't get why people do mods!

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/05, 09:49 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by acadian+April 5, 2005, 8:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ April 5, 2005, 8:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Tyson@April 5, 2005, 3:13 PM
Who is going to ruin the car buying doing modifications to it?

This is the first question that you asked. You didn't ask who is going to mod or who has mods. You asked who is going to "ruin" their car by modding it. You didn't expect people to get defensive? :scratch:
[/b][/quote]

The thread title is "I don't get why people do mods." So when replies try to explain, Dude gets defensive and starts hiding behind some kind of free-speech /you're immature diversion?

You answer your own question with the title: You don't get it. Get it? Sheesh I haven't even made mods and I was put off by the insensitive wording of your question.
Old 4/6/05, 09:51 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Eleanor Dreaming@April 6, 2005, 9:27 AM
Well here goes my opion. I may be sorry I did this. When I came to this site and started to read all the modifications individuals were making to their car. I thought that is silly, If you want to build race cars there has to be a cheaper format to start with. So there is a piece of me that agrees with Tyson.

Now that having been said since seeing sequential taillights and some of the engine dress up parts, they do look pretty sharp. So I may make some changes. (If mine ever gets built)

Tyson said 'ruin' in his eyes it may be ruining a nice car and it is his opion. Maybe he should have stated his opion a little less aggressively so as to not inflame so many people. But, maybe he realized we are talking about an internet chat forum and a CAR. Not the major problems in the world today.

Now, to call names because someone doesn't agree with your ideas or say he is not enthusiastic about his car, is as wrong as the way he phrased his question and stated his opion.

It is this type of quick to guns (so to speak) philosophy that is causing people to be shot and beaten in traffic for cutting someone off, or cutting in line at the grocery.

Oh well just my opion flame away!!
Please don't compare the Mustang with world hunger or the war in Iraq. Nobody is acting like that. We are all stating our opinions here. I don't think it was right to start off a poll (where the guy supposedly wanted to keep it neutral and get everyone's opinion) by using the word "ruin". And I'll let the guy know that. When you are wrong, you are wrong. Now, he could have been a man himself and admitted to it and taken it back, but he chose to defend himself. So, that just made it worse. People have strong opinions on their cars. I don't know about you, but other than my family, my car is the most important thing to me. So, I have strong opinions regarding it. Besides my house, it's the most expensive thing I've ever bought. So, I'm gonna defend it. Nobody is talking about world issues here. This is a Mustang forum, and we all have our views on things related to Mustangs... some stronger than others. But now you yourself are faulting us who have expressed our opinions because oh, it's just a CAR. If that's the way you feel, you obviously don't appreciate a CAR like most of us here do. And then you try and imply that those of us who have strong opinions on our cars are the same who would shoot somebody who cut us off. And you think we are overdoing it? :scratch:
Old 4/6/05, 09:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tyson,

The funny thing about this thread is the one I see getting hostile is YOU! You started that way with your "ruin" comment and you subsequent posts have continued in that same line.

I would recomment that you take a step back and reread these posts, starting from the very first one. See who is turning up the anger and agression. Your name will be next to most of those posts.
Old 4/6/05, 10:09 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Biggest waste of bandwidth post I have seen in a while. I can think of a handful of reasons, but they are blatantly obvious, therefore there is no need to post them.
Old 4/6/05, 10:14 AM
FR500 Member

Jason, if I wasn't off of work yesterday and today, and actually had something else to do, I would have your outlook. I normally wouldn't have wasted my time even commenting, but when you are home and bored, you'll do anything to pass the time. But seriously... to those of you who don't like the topic/poll and think it's a total waste of time and space, don't read it. Nobody is making you read 4 (now 5) pages of posts, and surely nobody made you post either.
Old 4/6/05, 10:17 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by acadian@April 6, 2005, 11:17 AM
Jason, if I wasn't off of work yesterday and today, and actually had something else to do, I would have your outlook. I normally wouldn't have wasted my time even commenting, but when you are home and bored, you'll do anything to pass the time. But seriously... to those of you who don't like the topic/poll and think it's a total waste of time and space, don't read it. Nobody is making you read 4 (now 5) pages of posts, and surely nobody made you post either.
I am at work and read the first 2 or 3 posts, then I replied. I just think it's a common sense question, that anyone could figure out themselves. We are not dealing with rocket science here.
Old 4/6/05, 10:23 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by max2000jp@April 6, 2005, 10:20 AM
We are not dealing with rocket science here.

We're not?
Old 4/6/05, 10:26 AM
Cobra Member

No car is ever perfect from the factory. Modifying makes it closer to your own individual idea of what the car should be. Why is that so hard to understand?

A better question is why would anyone care what other people do to their own car???
Old 4/6/05, 10:26 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love LAMP.......
Old 4/6/05, 10:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just have to wonder at the logic of coming to a forum like this where obviously we are interested in making our cars unique, and then saying we are "ruining" the car. Why even spend time here? If I had no interest in modifying or seeing what others have done to their cars, I wouldn't be here.

The car is gorgeous off the dealer's lot, theres no denying that. Look at how excited we all get when someone posts their new baby's picture here. We don't all start saying things like "gee... you better get rid of those wheels ASAP" or "get it dropped in the next few days". We are excited about their finally getting the car they have been dreaming of. Maybe they are going to leave it bone stock, or make huge mods to it, but so what? It's theirs! I'm not making the payments, are you? Some peoples mods may not be for me, but I appreciate the time, effort and devotion that went in to them.

We all share the love for our vehicles and coming to a site like this, you should be able to see that. There are thousands of Mustangs on the road that won't be modded, so let us enjoy making ours unique without throwing out a word like "ruin". Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, nobody is denying you that, but you also have the option of keeping your opinion to yourself.
Old 4/6/05, 10:38 AM
GT Member

I think using the term "Ruin" was the mistake of the post but I don't think he meant to offend anyone who chose to mod their car. Sometimes we use words in extreme without thinking of the consequences.
Old 4/6/05, 10:53 AM
FR500 Member

You responded after reading 2 or 3 posts? Personally, I wouldn't respond to a thread if I hadn't read the whole thing through. I wouldn't have all the facts to make an informed response.

Edit: Forgot to add the quote I was referring to...

Originally posted by max2000jp@April 6, 2005, 10:20 AM

I am at work and read the first 2 or 3 posts, then I replied. I just think it's a common sense question, that anyone could figure out themselves. We are not dealing with rocket science here.
Old 4/6/05, 11:03 AM
Cobra Member

Where is Tyson anyway? I hope he didn't ditch us and chicken out! Only a bird brain would do that. Maybe he's feeling hen-pecked?
Old 4/6/05, 11:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree Shark.

That is what I was saying with my analogy, about both sides of the fence.

Didn't imply that Mustang lovers were murderers.
Old 4/6/05, 05:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Ford built these cars to be modded, why do you think they catered to the aftermarket companies and the tuners, you go see someone with a nice modded stang, makes others want to do the same and guess what Ford sells somemore cars, now that is marketing.
Old 4/6/05, 05:30 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Tyson I posted on line 2 of this thread .....got an answer to my first question yet??
Old 4/6/05, 05:39 PM
Cobra Member

this is a dum topic you mod a car for it to go faster handle better and look nice
Old 4/6/05, 05:50 PM

I don't understand why anybody wouldn't mod their car just a little bit. We can't have cars custom built to our specs, so we mod cars that we like. Should I put the 307 back in my '71 Camaro? The 383 thats in it seems to run just a little stronger. While I am at it I think I will put the F70-14 tires on it too.
Old 4/6/05, 06:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by acadian+April 6, 2005, 11:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acadian @ April 6, 2005, 11:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>You responded after reading 2 or 3 posts? Personally, I wouldn't respond to a thread if I hadn't read the whole thing through. I wouldn't have all the facts to make an informed response.

Edit: Forgot to add the quote I was referring to...

<!--QuoteBegin-max2000jp
@April 6, 2005, 10:20 AM

[/b][/quote]

Ian, there are somethings you don't need to read to make a informed decision. The question posed is stupid, to put it nicely. Basically, if you have any brains, you can deduce the answer without thinking hard. Not knocking you BTW, rather the original poster.
Old 4/6/05, 07:08 PM

[QUOTE]Sure it serves a purpose. It makes the car MINE. It makes my car different from YOURS. I feel a car is a direct extension of a person. It says a lot about who you are.

Amen to that

Quick Reply: I don't get why people do mods!