2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I don't get why people do mods!

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/05, 06:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tyson, I'm not really a mod type of guy - I am happy with it as is for sure. I may do a couple of minor mods, like perhaps a shifter for a firmer feel, and lower control arms to stop the wheel hop.

But, just because I'm happy with it doesn't mean the car is perfect. Watch the DVD from the Discovery Channel's website titled "Extreme Mustang" and you'll see how far from perfect the car is. One of the engineers explains in that video how the production car balances performance and comfort, but for a race car, you "dial all the ***** toward performance."

And that's one of the things that folks try to do with their own Mustangs - dial the ***** a little (or a lot) toward the performance end of the performance/comfort balance.
Old 4/5/05, 06:45 PM
GT Member

TURBO_5(Danny boy)

Not being open to dicussion on the topic, as with yourself, seems pretty dense to me. The whole idea of the topic is for open discussion. It's pretty lame when a dude has to start making personal attacks because of lack of insight into the topic.

Oh, and since you want to get personal...maybe learn how to spell? "Dence" as you called me is actually spelled "dense". Just thought I'd point that one out for you smart guy.
Old 4/5/05, 06:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by azlitigator@April 5, 2005, 2:21 PM
I agree with Nicole. There are many so called "mods" that you may think are lame but others would feel like are vital.

For me, I want my car to be mine personally. I like doing little cosmetic things to make it unique. I know nobody is going to care when I park it at Safeway that it has a few little goodies added, but so what? I know they are there and I like it. It's about what makes you happy.
I feel that your car is an extension of you as a driver. You want it to look and drive like you feel. Making mods is simply putting your personal touch and signature on the car.
Old 4/5/05, 07:00 PM
Bullitt Member

To MOD or not to MOD? THAT is the question...

I'm all for the mods, if that is what you want to do. I like seeing the various changes that make someone's car unique and "a one of a kind". As for my "baby"...no mods, she is perfect just the way she is....I wouldn't change a thing!
Old 4/5/05, 07:03 PM
V6 Member

Weighing on the pro-mod side. The car is great as is - I'd be happy never touching a thing. But, all the arguments for adding your own personality to the car is what makes me plan to do more with it. I have had two GT 'verts that were sold as stock as the day I bought them. But, there is so much available to personalize this car and make it my own.

I will say this, when I get my Cobra, it will be staying bone stock as a collector would want it.
Old 4/5/05, 07:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

This whole thread hurts my brain. :crazy:
Old 4/5/05, 07:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

And the number one reason I want to mod my car:...........

Because Ford didn't call me and ask me how I wanted it build!!!

Ford makes cars to appeal to a large range of buyers. Say from 16 to 75 or whatever. It's up to you to make it into the car of YOUR dreams. Not everyone elses dream. I also think that it is a blessing to even have the freedom and opportunity to modify the cars to our liking. It's a gift and I think many of us enjoy it.
Old 4/5/05, 07:31 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I sure am glad I ruined my car
Old 4/5/05, 07:32 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Tyson@April 5, 2005, 3:13 PM
Who is going to ruin the car buying doing modifications to it?
By the looks of your poll, about 85% of us.
Old 4/5/05, 07:37 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So when you tires are bald are you going to buy the exact same model that is on there right now? If not, then I guess you "modded" your car. tsk tsk. :nono:
Old 4/5/05, 07:38 PM

I for one am glad that I am on my way to ruin my car
I believe most of the members on this site wont "RICE" out their car
but its the little things that make it yours and stand out from the pack
Old 4/5/05, 07:50 PM
FR500 Member

I actually find it interesting that the originator of this thread asked why buy the car if you are going to mod it. I guess I could ask him why did he buy a Mustang, if he wasn't going to mod it? :scratch:
Old 4/5/05, 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Tyson@April 5, 2005, 6:48 PM
TURBO_5(Danny boy)

Not being open to dicussion on the topic, as with yourself, seems pretty dense to me. The whole idea of the topic is for open discussion. It's pretty lame when a dude has to start making personal attacks because of lack of insight into the topic.

Oh, and since you want to get personal...maybe learn how to spell? "Dence" as you called me is actually spelled "dense". Just thought I'd point that one out for you smart guy.

Yeah you got me i cant spell worth smack, but i can build a badhiney Mustang with all the fun mods out there, and don't take it personal cause "its just my opinion", and like hineys we all have them

EDIT: Dont bypass language filters!
Old 4/5/05, 08:01 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Tyson@April 5, 2005, 3:34 PM
legend lime is considered a "classic" color
Yeah in 1967...not in 1928-hence my point about the demand for personalization.
Old 4/5/05, 08:03 PM
GT Member

I think some of you are getting on this posters case to hard. I mean everyone has their own way of thinking. I am not aggreeing nor disaggreeing with him but he expressed his thoughts. So many here bought GTs and they may sit in traffic a good portion of the time while using the car. Does that mean they wasted money on a performance engine? Some might think yes. The point is everyone sees things a different way and they do whats important to them.
Old 4/5/05, 08:05 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by sharkstang@April 5, 2005, 9:06 PM
I think some of you are getting on this posters case to hard. I mean everyone has their own way of thinking. I am not aggreeing nor disaggreeing with him but he expressed his thoughts. So many here bought GTs and they may sit in traffic a good portion of the time while using the car. Does that mean they wasted money on a performance engine? Some might think yes. The point is everyone sees things a different way and they do whats important to them.
Yeah, but asking how many people are going to ruin their cars by modding them is a pretty loaded question.
Old 4/5/05, 08:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why????
I have the cash....
I have the idea....
I have the disease.........
Old 4/5/05, 09:14 PM
Bullitt Member

This is a fairly dumb topic. Why mod the car? Because I can't build my own Mustang exactly the way I want it that's why. To have an "all or nothing" attitude towards mods is idiotic. The car is not an investment, get it through your head. If you really want your car stock when it becomes a "classic", make "reversable" mods to it, so you can return it to it's original state.

I just think you opinions is extremely close-minded.

Notice:
I'm not taking it personally as I don't have a Mustang.
Old 4/5/05, 09:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hmmmm, why buy the car if you are going to make ANY changes to it?..... Good thing Shelby didn't believe in this philsophy.
Old 4/5/05, 09:28 PM
GT Member

Man, I think some of you guys are acting like little kids. That fact that I said that doing mods to the car is "ruining" the car. That's my opinion. Just as you have yours. Why do you think I did it as an OPINION poll? To get everyones OPINION. Thanks to all the posters who actually understand what a discussion is.

And just to make one thing clear..I never once said my car was an investment. My car already has some scratches in it, what can you do.

Like alot of reasonable people on here have said..if you want to mod it fine...it's a choice...all I'm saying is that to me the car is perfect the way it is. If for some reason some of you take that as an insult then so be it. Your choice again.

Those of you that have the immature attitudes? Go ahead and destroy the thread all you want.

Quick Reply: I don't get why people do mods!