2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Convertible Orders

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/05, 04:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by alycat64@March 28, 2005, 10:49 AM
I ordered a GT vert on 3-4-05. The dealership told us 8 - 12 weeks. Last week we spoke to the salesperson to change the color from Silver to Redfire Metallic. He said that would not delay the order. But he went on to say because of the demand, if we were able to get a '05 it would be late summer. Otherwise they would fulfil the order with an '06. I called Ford customer service. They said the car is scheduled and awaiting to be submitted to the plant (as of 3-26-05). They have no built date yet. They said that the 8-12 week build time is still reasonable to complete the order. I don't know who to believe. There are a few GT converibles available in my area but none with the color or options that I am looking for. Does any know who to believe (the dealership or ford) and if the 8-12 week time frame is possilbe? Also if does anyone know if the order is waiting to be submitted to the plant by Ford will it be fulfiled for an '05?

Aly
Aly,
I don't believe you are getting the information you need to check on your order. Contact me at smorris2909woh.rr.com and I will try to help you.
Scott
Old 3/31/05, 06:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER+March 31, 2005, 6:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ March 31, 2005, 6:33 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-alycat64@March 28, 2005, 10:49 AM
I ordered a GT vert on 3-4-05. The dealership told us 8 - 12 weeks. Last week we spoke to the salesperson to change the color from Silver to Redfire Metallic. He said that would not delay the order. But he went on to say because of the demand, if we were able to get a '05 it would be late summer. Otherwise they would fulfil the order with an '06. I called Ford customer service. They said the car is scheduled and awaiting to be submitted to the plant (as of 3-26-05). They have no built date yet. They said that the 8-12 week build time is still reasonable to complete the order. I don't know who to believe. There are a few GT converibles available in my area but none with the color or options that I am looking for. Does any know who to believe (the dealership or ford) and if the 8-12 week time frame is possilbe? Also if does anyone know if the order is waiting to be submitted to the plant by Ford will it be fulfiled for an '05?

Aly
Aly,
I don't believe you are getting the information you need to check on your order. Contact me at smorris2909woh.rr.com and I will try to help you.
Scott
[/b][/quote]

Scott,

Could I PM you and get some assistance checking on mine? Such things as fembot? and DORA? and maybe the number?

My salesman said he hasn't heard of a DORA, I do have VOC which I know is just a screen print from a computer terminal.

Thanks for the consideration, Ben
Old 3/31/05, 08:20 PM

ORDERED 12/31/04
DELIVERED 3/31/05

HOW DO YOU ATTACH PHOTOs

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.
Old 4/1/05, 04:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Eleanor Dreaming+March 31, 2005, 7:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eleanor Dreaming @ March 31, 2005, 7:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@March 31, 2005, 6:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-alycat64
@March 28, 2005, 10:49 AM

Aly

Aly,
Scott

Scott,

Could I PM you and get some assistance checking on mine? Such things as fembot? and DORA? and maybe the number?

My salesman said he hasn't heard of a DORA, I do have VOC which I know is just a screen print from a computer terminal.

Thanks for the consideration, Ben
[/b][/quote]

Hi Ben,
Sure you can PM me. I would like to help you. I learned a lot of things during the process of ordering my car. The biggest thing I learn is that most salesman at the dealers don't know what is available to them and give poor or untrue information to their clients. Use my home email address. smorris2909@woh.rr.com Certain info cannot be attached in the forums. My 1st question to you is: did you put money down on a car that was ordered under your name?? Make sure this is how your car was ordered. If this is what was done, than the order was given to Ford. Ford will create the DORA within 2 business days and send it back to the dealer as a confirmation of the order. You should be able to get a copy of this. It has all the information required to check on your order. Let me know.
Scott

Scott
Old 4/1/05, 07:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@January 18, 2005, 5:43 PM
Hey 05FORDGT,
Been trying to post a jpeg of my DORA and can't seem to get the file small enough. Here is the dealer invoice pricing I received on my Dora.
GT Conv. Premium- $27,871.00
5-spd auto trans-$886.00
Active anti-theft-$227.00
Int Upgrade Package-$401.00
Seat side airbags-$329.
Cont. boot- $102.00
17" Bright Machined Wheels-$174.00
11 US gal of gas-$21.23
FDAF assessment-$240.00
Dest. and Deliv-$625.00
Total dealer invoice-$30,876.23 + $1,000.00 = $31,876.23 (My Price)
I don't think I am getting hosed by the dealer. They just didn't include the FDAF in my original quotation and it thru me. Seem correct to you???
70MACH1owner
So, is that the OTD price or do you still need to add tax, title, and fees?

EK :scratch:
Old 4/1/05, 07:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by ekessler507+April 1, 2005, 8:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ekessler507 @ April 1, 2005, 8:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-70MACH1OWNER@January 18, 2005, 5:43 PM
Hey 05FORDGT,
Been trying to post a jpeg of my DORA and can't seem to get the file small enough. Here is the dealer invoice pricing I received on my Dora.
GT Conv. Premium- $27,871.00
5-spd auto trans-$886.00
Active anti-theft-$227.00
Int Upgrade Package-$401.00
Seat side airbags-$329.
Cont. boot- $102.00
17" Bright Machined Wheels-$174.00
11 US gal of gas-$21.23
FDAF assessment-$240.00
Dest. and Deliv-$625.00
Total dealer invoice-$30,876.23 + $1,000.00 = $31,876.23 (My Price)
I don't think I am getting hosed by the dealer. They just didn't include the FDAF in my original quotation and it thru me. Seem correct to you???
70MACH1owner

So, is that the OTD price or do you still need to add tax, title, and fees?

EK :scratch:
[/b][/quote]

Hi Eric,
I wish that was the OTD price. Sales tax and title fees added about $2,350.00 to that price. The prices listed above are dealer invoice. I gave $1,000.00 over invoice. Saved about $2,000 off MSRP. For the record when I picked up my car they told me they would never sell another for the price I gave. Said nothing but MSRP from now on. I got this price because I ordered the first one before they figured out what to sell them for. Got lucky for a change!!

Scott

Scott
Old 4/4/05, 02:45 AM
GT Member

Good news, just checked my ENCS (OMCS) account and my GT Convertible was scheduled to be built week of 3-31-05 but now scheduled for 4-18-05...scheduled is good. With any luck I'll have delivery to me by early to mid Jun as the car has to be shipped by boat to get to me.
Ugabulldog83

GT Prem Convertible
Torch Red/Black Top/Charcoal Leather
Ziebart Overseas Vehicle Protection
US Freight/Overseas Transportation
Auto/Anti Theft/Interior Upgrade/Wheel Locks
Seat Air Bags/Soft Boot/In lieu of a full tank of gas[/SIZE]
Old 4/27/05, 07:26 AM
V6 Member

My dealer told me on 4/19 that my GT vert (Torch Red, all options except suto and Shaker 1000) that has ben c/u since 1/17 would not be built as an '05 model because his Ford rep told him that no more vert orders were being pulled for this model year. Anyone else heard that? I am ready to place my '06 order on May 16 first thing in the morning, but I will press the issue for my '05 (the order is going to stay in the system, as the dealer says unfilled orders will get priority), if this is bogus information. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 4/27/05, 03:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by pk2112@April 27, 2005, 7:29 AM
My dealer told me on 4/19 that my GT vert (Torch Red, all options except suto and Shaker 1000) that has ben c/u since 1/17 would not be built as an '05 model because his Ford rep told him that no more vert orders were being pulled for this model year. Anyone else heard that? I am ready to place my '06 order on May 16 first thing in the morning, but I will press the issue for my '05 (the order is going to stay in the system, as the dealer says unfilled orders will get priority), if this is bogus information. Any help would be appreciated.

It is hard to believe that the factory has pulled all of the Vert they are going to build for the rest of 2005. They will continue to build 2005 models into early to mid August before changing over to 2006 models. How big of changeover can the 2006 model be. They are adding the 18 inch wheels and tires and as far as I know that is about it. No big deal. If I were you I would find out what priority your dealer gave your order and call Ford customer service direct and find out more about your order. Do you have your DORA and V.O.C.?? With the info on these you can find out want the deal on your order is. I ordered mine on 1/8/05 and took delivery on 3/18/05 and I am nobody special. I think there are limited quanitities of the Verts for sure but they can build a lot of them between now and August. Just my 2 cents!!
Scott
Old 4/27/05, 04:22 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER+April 27, 2005, 3:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(70MACH1OWNER @ April 27, 2005, 3:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-pk2112@April 27, 2005, 7:29 AM

It is hard to believe that the factory has pulled all of the Vert they are going to build for the rest of 2005. They will continue to build 2005 models into early to mid August before changing over to 2006 models. How big of changeover can the 2006 model be. They are adding the 18 inch wheels and tires and as far as I know that is about it. No big deal. If I were you I would find out what priority your dealer gave your order and call Ford customer service direct and find out more about your order. Do you have your DORA and V.O.C.?? With the info on these you can find out want the deal on your order is. I ordered mine on 1/8/05 and took delivery on 3/18/05 and I am nobody special. I think there are limited quanitities of the Verts for sure but they can build a lot of them between now and August. Just my 2 cents!!
Scott
[/b][/quote]

I've had the DORA for a long time; I call the 800# a few times a week to check status, which has been c/u since 1/17. My priority code is 12. I have dealt with the same small dealer for 8+ years and he has been great, but in this case it seems I know just as much as he does about my situation. He told me last week that he has had an order for a GT coupe in the banks since August! Must have been a priority 99 that he just changed the code on. Seems he has two allocations left. Not knowing for sure, I would say my priority 12 (since the beginning) leaves me as the odd man out with only two Mustangs left to deliver. If this is true, I really need to know if the rolled over '05 orders will get some special consideration at the beginning of the '06 run.
Old 4/27/05, 04:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by pk2112+April 27, 2005, 4:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pk2112 @ April 27, 2005, 4:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@April 27, 2005, 3:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-pk2112
@April 27, 2005, 7:29 AM

Scott
I've had the DORA for a long time; I call the 800# a few times a week to check status, which has been c/u since 1/17. My priority code is 12. I have dealt with the same small dealer for 8+ years and he has been great, but in this case it seems I know just as much as he does about my situation. He told me last week that he has had an order for a GT coupe in the banks since August! Must have been a priority 99 that he just changed the code on. Seems he has two allocations left. Not knowing for sure, I would say my priority 12 (since the beginning) leaves me as the odd man out with only two Mustangs left to deliver. If this is true, I really need to know if the rolled over '05 orders will get some special consideration at the beginning of the '06 run.
[/b][/quote]

Boy, that's a tough one. Your priority of 12 is very good. But like you said if he is a small dealer with a small allocation it would be possible that you may not receive your car in 2005. I would let the order ride if I were you. It might get built this year. There is still 3 1/2 months of production left. And if it goes another month of 2 I'd just have them change the order to a 2006 model year and get the first one on order and get the 10 proirity. The only other choice to to find one on some other dealer lot and pay a premium for it. And that just stinks. Hang in there. BTW, they are worth the wait!!!!!!!
Scott
Old 4/28/05, 06:03 AM

I had the same thing happen to us. We ordered our 05 GT convertible on March 5th. Our Salesperson told us in early April that we may not get an 05 and instead it may be an 06. But a couple of weeks ago, he said that we are getting an 05 since they have the 1st 10 digits of the VIN. Our DORA has been clean and unscheduled since the end of March. No one can give us dates. It can be as late as August. I live in Michigan and that would only leave one month to use it til Spring. This is going to be a summer car only. But, I hate to pass it up and then go through this again next spring. Good luck and hang in there. It may happen.
Old 5/8/05, 06:32 AM

We ordered our 05 GT convertible on March 5th. In Mid April our Salesperson told us in early April that we may not get an 05 and instead it may be an 06. We got a phone call on April 28th from the dealership. They stated that they had more orders then the amount of their allocation. We missed getting an 05 by 5 orders. They said we would be 5th on the list of an 06 but no dates for when we would get the car - probably September or October. We kept the order on the list. I checked with a few dealerships and there were none around. Finally I looked on line and say one 2 1/2 hrs away. I called and it was gone. The salesperson looked on their system and found one in Indiana. I called and it was available!!! It was the exact color we ordered - red fire metallic and a gt premium. The only differences were the parchment instead of charcol and it didnt have the iup. We bought it over the phone right then and there Picked it yesterday. It was worth the 3 hour drive (one way). The car is awesome. We couldnt get the xplan as we were going to at the dealership we ordered (supposidly). But I think that is why they screwed us. Its well worth paying retail. I will post pictures later in the week. Good luck with everyone getting theirs.
Old 5/8/05, 08:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is goofy. Two GT premiums ordered from two local dealers, about 16 miles apart. Ordered in March - built in April and delivered in April - about a week apart. One dealer said all his GT allocations were assigned to customers orders for the rest of the year (after the 'vert was delivered).
Wonder if Ford has learned anything from all this mess.