2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Convertible Orders

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/05, 02:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by GottaHaveIt+February 25, 2005, 10:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GottaHaveIt @ February 25, 2005, 10:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by THE-BOSS@February 25, 2005, 9:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-70MACH1OWNER
@January 18, 2005, 5:43 PM
Hey 05FORDGT,
Been trying to post a jpeg of my DORA and can't seem to get the file small enough. Here is the dealer invoice pricing I received on my Dora.
GT Conv. Premium- $27,871.00
5-spd auto trans-$886.00
Active anti-theft-$227.00
Int Upgrade Package-$401.00
Seat side airbags-$329.
Cont. boot- $102.00
17" Bright Machined Wheels-$174.00
11 US gal of gas-$21.23
FDAF assessment-$240.00
Dest. and Deliv-$625.00
Total dealer invoice-$30,876.23 + $1,000.00 = $31,876.23 (My Price)
I don't think I am getting hosed by the dealer. They just didn't include the FDAF in my original quotation and it thru me. Seem correct to you???
70MACH1owner

.................................................. .........................................
You paid to much

2005 gt convet 29,033.87 she is on order

here are my codes
t85 170A
18g
43a

29,033.87 IT is all who ya know
They charged you for the gas ? I'm getting a full tank ! are they that cheap ? :scratch:
[/b][/quote]

You have a very good price but have not listed all of your options.
Hard to tell what you are really getting.
Old 2/27/05, 04:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

GottaHaveIt,
Yeap, they even charged for the gas. Everyone that purchases a car, Vert or Coupe, should have a charge for gas and the FDAF assessment on their Dora. These are costs listed on every Dora just like the Destination charges of $625 that are on the invioce from Ford to the dealer. My deal was I was to pay $1,000.00 over invoice and these costs are on the invioce that I agreed too. Still about $2,000.00 better than MSRP. Since I am buying this car outright and there is no trade involved to hide other costs in, I very happy with my deal. No other dealer in my area would come close to this deal.
70MACH1OWNER
Old 2/27/05, 04:45 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@February 27, 2005, 12:27 PM
GottaHaveIt,
Yeap, they even charged for the gas. Everyone that purchases a car, Vert or Coupe, should have a charge for gas and the FDAF assessment on their Dora. These are costs listed on every Dora just like the Destination charges of $625 that are on the invioce from Ford to the dealer. My deal was I was to pay $1,000.00 over invoice and these costs are on the invioce that I agreed too. Still about $2,000.00 better than MSRP. Since I am buying this car outright and there is no trade involved to hide other costs in, I very happy with my deal. No other dealer in my area would come close to this deal.
70MACH1OWNER

Think you got a real good deal given all the low stuff going on with extra charges by the dealers. My deal with ENCS is about equal to your car setup but I had to pay a charge to cover price increases ($1540) because prices were not set in the ENCS system when I ordered, shipping to a Germany port (Bremenhaven)($745) and a prep charge (429) for the GT convertible to the port. Also got a rustproof package done at the factory ($449) and the wheel locks ($47.50) but not the machined wheels like you.

Could have gotten shipped to the base in Stuttgart but I'll go to the port to get it. I did get two FORD rebates totaling $1250 off my GT Convertible. If I had a delivery to the US my car would come in o/a $31.400. All said I don't have a build date or a load at the factory yet...order has gone to the factory, delivery is promised to be by mid May or ENCS has to compensate for the car not being here. I just want it to arrive okay. Will have to install a front plate due to German law...arrgggghhh.
Ugabulldog83
Old 2/27/05, 05:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

UGABULLDOG83,
If the price doesn't change before you get your build date do you get that $1,540 back? I priced a Ziebart package this week that included undercoating, paint protection and window tint and it totaled to about $900.00. I wasn't expecting it to be that much. It is almost a must to get a car undercoated here in OHIO. They use tons of salt here in the winter.
70Mach1owner
Old 2/27/05, 05:46 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by 70MACH1OWNER@February 27, 2005, 1:26 PM
UGABULLDOG83,
If the price doesn't change before you get your build date do you get that $1,540 back? I priced a Ziebart package this week that included undercoating, paint protection and window tint and it totaled to about $900.00. I wasn't expecting it to be that much. It is almost a must to get a car undercoated here in OHIO. They use tons of salt here in the winter.
70Mach1owner

70Mach1owner,
In theory I would get the money off the price if there was no increase but there was. Orig price in ENCS sys was $28,195 but by order when the price was locked it had gone up to $29,501 for a GT prem convert, so $1306 got ate up, should get the remaining $200 or so back off price at delivery. As for rustproofing the Ziebart rustproofing package is a necessary here due to all the chemicals the German's use on the roads during winter (like right now, its snowing) and I thought $449 invoice was a good deal price compared to sticker of $639. I just wish the car would get loaded in the system. ENCS is a direct distributor of FORD's so it should go in ahead of dealers orders based on what the salesman here said but the truth in the action, we'll see. Cheers
Ugabulldog83
Old 2/27/05, 03:22 PM

I ordered my GT Premium Convertible originally on January 13th. I then found out that the dealer ordered the wrong color. Finally on Jan 25th I changed my mind on standard transmission, because I heard they were having problems with it. I went to Automatic.

Do all these changes delay my order? What is my order date, Jan 13 or Jan 25th?

I have a priority code of 40. Is that really bad?

Also, my uncles brother works at a dealership and he tried telling me that convertibles will not even be available til August.

I keep calling the 800# and it told me as of Feb 24th my car was clean and unscheduled and has not been serialized.
Old 2/27/05, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Changing your order while it is still c/u does not restart you to the "back of the line" as they say.

Convertibles are available now "see my sig below". The problem is how many are back ordered ahead of you and your dealers allocations.

Some are getting build dates within a couple weeks and some are waiting months for a vert and you have some that have been waiting 4+ months for a coupe that has been in production since September.

Relies on alot of factors.
Old 3/3/05, 04:03 PM

[COLOR=blue]
I went to to dealer November they had a black GT on the lot he wanted to sell me it was a sweet ride but wifey insisted on a convertible ( we live in pretty hot climate) so OK we ordered it.

Got a call yesterday she will be built the week of 7 March delivery date end of month --price is FLAT MSRP although they barked out other dealers in area were tacking on surcharges. HINT HINT we might too

I said you wanna sell this or not -- I got Mucho Grande good credit plus I'll be driving this hog all over town as a rolling advertisement if anything you guys should be giving ME a discount.

SILENCIO.

Guess I'll know when she arrives and see the sales contract -- have to be sober and nose up and sniffing for those sneaky hidden surcharges. No whiskey before signing.
Old 3/3/05, 04:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Thomasp@March 3, 2005, 5:06 PM
[COLOR=blue]
I went to to dealer November they had a black GT on the lot he wanted to sell me it was a sweet ride but wifey insisted on a convertible ( we live in pretty hot climate) so OK we ordered it.

Got a call yesterday she will be built the week of 7 March delivery date end of month --price is FLAT MSRP although they barked out other dealers in area were tacking on surcharges. HINT HINT we might too

I said you wanna sell this or not -- I got Mucho Grande good credit plus I'll be driving this hog all over town as a rolling advertisement if anything you guys should be giving ME a discount.

SILENCIO.

Guess I'll know when she arrives and see the sales contract -- have to be sober and nose up and sniffing for those sneaky hidden surcharges. No whiskey before signing.

HI Thomas,
Mine is also supposed to be built next week with delivery at the end of the month. What color and options did you get? I am also curious if anyone has seen one on the road yet?? They have been in production for a month but I have not seen one yet.
70Mach1Owner

2005 GT Premium Convertible
Performance White/Parchment Top/Parchment Interior
IUP
Side Air Bags
17 Inch Machined Wheels
Soft Boot
Active Theft system
I can't wait.. I feel like a kid again.
Old 3/4/05, 05:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Ordered a 2005 GT Convertible (Mineral Gray/Charcoal) for my wife on 2/9 with IUP, anti-theft, soft boot, and wheel locks under the X-plan (Ford Supplier), which is basically invoice. It should be here the end of April or begining of May. Since I live in the Northeast, I can wait for the snow to melt.

EK
Old 3/4/05, 08:33 PM

The wife called me at work today to brag that she was standing next to an '05 GT convertible at Apple Valley Ford (Apple Valley, MN.) Dealer just got it in on an order. The guy ordered an automatic but it was misentered and delivered as a manual. Thus, they've got it on the showroom floor for just shy of $35,000 ($2,000 over MSRP due to "demand.") Color was that light green.
Old 3/8/05, 04:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Guys,
Might have to move my posts out of the RUMORS forum. Dealership called today and said my order is locked and is to be built this week. There is a chance it might be here by April 1st. Hope it not an April fools joke. Still have not seen one on the road yet in my area. Hope everyone else gets theirs very soon!!

70Mach1Owner

2005 Gt Vert Prem.
Performance White/Parchment top and Interior
IUP ( They must still be making them )
17 inch machined wheels
side air bags
active alarm
soft boot
Ordered 1/8/05
Serialized 2/17/05
Ordered locked 3/3/05
Built week on 3/7/05 ( Lord I hope)
Old 3/9/05, 02:32 PM

I've been monitoring this thread for a few months now just to see if anyone was able to lay their hands on a new convertible. Anyway, I'm in the DC area and I stopped by a dealership to try and order a GT Convertible about three weeks ago. The dealership told me they weren't prepared to take orders, but they took my name and number and said they'd be ready to order in about a month. So I was kind of bummed and kind of shifted gears towards a BMW 330 Convertible or an Infiniti FX35.

Last night I received a call from the dealership sayig they had a convertible on site in the color that I wanted. Needless to say I took the day off from work and stopped by the dealership this morning. They had three convertibles one black with a tan top, one mineral grey with a black top and one redfire with a black top. They wanted 6,000 over MSRP. Long story short, I stayed at the dealership from 10AM to 12PM and was only able to work them down three thousand dollars. The sales manager made it sound like there was some peer pressue among the DC dealers trying to keep the price high on the convertibles. Sounds like collusion to me. The kid who sold me the car was great but the price was almost immovable. I probably set the bar for the area at least for a couple of months.

The car is a base premium, I got no options beyond the aluminium wheels. Definitely no Interior upgrade package and coming from a BMW 325CI I have to say that the interior is pretty ugly :notnice: . That being said the car is externally beautiful , I'm a little bit disappointed by the dash and the interior but the redfire exterior, aluminum wheels, and tremendous engine make up for it. I'm sure when the weather warms up, I'll appreciate it even more when I can drop the top.

Anyway, give us your stories on how the purchase worked out for you; I'd be interested to hear from everyone who got a better deal then me. I've also attached a couple of low res pics of the vehicle (updated with better pictures).

Dave
Old 3/10/05, 07:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Walls, I would never have paid over sticker. I would have called around to find someone who would let you pay sticker and make the drive. Dealers like these should not be patronized. Just my .02

Other than that, congrats! Looks sweet!
Old 3/10/05, 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Thats actually not to bad in the DC area. Everybody that is buying GT's off the lot are getting hit with the market adjustment unless you preorder. I have not seen a dealership in central MD or DC without it.
Old 3/10/05, 08:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by ekessler507@March 4, 2005, 6:58 AM
Ordered a 2005 GT Convertible (Mineral Gray/Charcoal) for my wife on 2/9 with IUP, anti-theft, soft boot, and wheel locks under the X-plan (Ford Supplier), which is basically invoice. It should be here the end of April or begining of May. Since I live in the Northeast, I can wait for the snow to melt.

EK
Ekessler,

Did your dealer give you a hard time about the X-plan price? I am eligible for that plan and was wondering if they were particular about giving you that price. One dealer I spoke to told me they would not participate with the X-plan on a new GT unless it was special order. Instock units were out of the question.
Craig
Old 3/11/05, 04:34 PM

Ordered 2005 GT Vert Redfire
with all options less side air bags and 1000W stereo
Ordered 12/31/04

Got call today from IL dealer with 3/3/05 date
Build date 3/21/05
and got the VIN Number
Should be here by end of April?

Old 3/11/05, 07:58 PM
GT Member

WoW my dealer is realy doing what they said they would do.. that is getting it to me in 8 weeks or so.. she is looked in to be built the week of 3/14.. now i orderd 2/16.. its looking right on time.. o ya my price is 29033.00 sorry to here all ya all that is still c/u.............. :bang: :bang:
i will have pics up the day it comes in...
p.s. i live in florida so the top will drop the day i get it
Old 3/11/05, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by acarney@January 28, 2005, 8:55 PM
sdaughe I ordered mine from Fayetteville Ga just south of Atlanta and about an hour and half from Woodstock. They took Xplan there. If its worth the drive to get a cheaper car you should check it out there. I can give you my salesman's name and number and you can call them and just see how things are, Let me know.
What dealership in Fayetteville did you use? Is there a particular salesman I should ask for? I am about 2 1/2 hours away but it would be worth the drive.

Jeff
Old 3/13/05, 07:54 AM
V6 Member

Got mine at X-Plan with no issues. Ordered 1/30, DORA 2/4, Can't wait. Dealer says build is 3/22 - But car will be here by 4/22...

Quick Reply: Convertible Orders