2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Car Jack Warning

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/07, 11:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you both are OK !!

If this was to happen to me, they would be DEAD.............

I carry always !
Old 12/7/07, 05:50 PM
whs
GT Member

Originally Posted by YardSpecial
Glad you both are OK !!

If this was to happen to me, they would be DEAD.............

I carry always !
Just another reason to find a woman that knows how to shoot, and knows how to open her own car doors.
Old 12/7/07, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

S197GT, What I'm saying is that Chuck should tell us where this happened so that others can be more observant and aware of that particular location...I've asked him twice (and you've asked him once -- and I'm sure you have a greater interest in knowing since you live in NorCal) to tell us and he's just simply ignoring it...
Old 12/7/07, 10:40 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry Mark didn't mean to ignore your question...Sacramento area.

Lots and lots of things going on and I did not intend to miss anybody. Today for example: my vehicle was recovered by the P.D. however it is being held pending investigation, because it was used in the commission of another crime. So here I sit...waiting.

The spirit of the original post was to alert everybody on these boards to be careful...these things can happen anywhere... at anytime...to anybody. What is the saying, "Forewarned is forearmed."

Also, there is nothing wrong with opening a door for your lady, amoung other things it shows love, respect, and masculinity on the husband's part. As for shooting, she can hit center of 4 dimes out of 6 at 50 yards. However, when the bad guys are armed and you are not, well... never argue with a gun.

Take Care all,
Chuck
Old 12/7/07, 10:49 PM
whs
GT Member

Originally Posted by STANG-22
Also, there is nothing wrong with opening a door for your lady, amoung other things it shows love, respect, and masculinity on the husband's part. As for shooting, she can hit center of 4 dimes out of 6 at 50 yards. However, when the bad guys are armed and you are not, well... never argue with a gun.
Not saying anything is wrong with it, however it might have played a role in making you an easy target. Not telling what they were thinking, but while you were preoccuppied with that they snuck up on you. Getting into the car as quickly as possible would minimize your exposure time.
Old 12/8/07, 06:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by whs
Not saying anything is wrong with it, however it might have played a role in making you an easy target. Not telling what they were thinking, but while you were preoccuppied with that they snuck up on you. Getting into the car as quickly as possible would minimize your exposure time.
Unless your Agent Smith or Neo, you can't dodge bullets. It takes such little time for somebody to "get the drop" on you that simply trying to get into the car fast becomes impossible, worse yet, even if YOU make it inside but your spouse does not. Then you are right back in giving them what they want...

I am just glad they were not hurt and perhaps he will even get his ride back with little or no damage... I do hope the Cops find some evidence in the car to get the jackers behind bars where they belong...
Old 12/8/07, 09:39 AM
V6 Member

WHS/MACH: You guys are exactly right, the problem is we were distracted, lets face it. 11:30 am, the sun is singing and the birds are shinning..a beautiful day. We were talking about where we wanted to go for lunch, instead of keeping our heads up and alert. (Then the roof fell in.) We know those types are out there, unfortuneately the Christmas season is their busy time of year also.

Stay alert guys and gals!
-Chuck
Old 12/8/07, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Chuck... glad you and your wife are came out unscathed, as it could have easily turned ugly. I've been held up at gunpoint myself, and honestly, the last thing on your mind is trying to be a hero. I gladly surrendered my cash for a chance of another day. For quite some time after, I was constantly looking over my shoulder. By the way, something to consider might be an alarm system with active anti-jacking technology. I just had a CompuStar Pro alarm installed with the anti-jacking function. Requires you to keep your 2-way paging remote separate from your keys/ key chain. If you're jack'd, let them begin to drive away, then activate (1.25mi range). Alarm sounds while it's being driven off.. then engine will shut-down (unlike other systems which require engine to be turned off first, then starter kill prevents re-start). Curious: what part of Sacramento area (South Sac, Laguna, North Sac, Citrus Hgts, Roseville?). Might be good to know where these hooligan's operate. Count your blessings.
Old 12/8/07, 08:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Chuck, thank you!

Mark
Old 12/11/07, 10:50 PM
V6 Member

DOCTOR Q-
My only map of the area was in the car, so I cannot tell you the city/ location ... But the incident took place in the vicinity of Arden Fair shopping center, a rather large busy area.

I'm also looking over my shoulder now... hope things are much quieter in your neck of the woods.

Seasons best to all,
Chuck
Old 12/12/07, 05:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Wow! Scary event. Glad you made it out OK.
Old 12/12/07, 06:20 AM
Bullitt Member

So sorry that happened to you but.....as long as you and the bride are ok, that's all that matters.

....yet another reason i carry a .40 all the time.
Old 12/13/07, 02:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by colbymh
Good story...and glad you were able to avoid a problem near work.

btw, my 08 does automatically lock the doors. I believe it does it at either 5mph or 8mph..I would have to look again in the manual .
Ok, remembered to check and nope, doors don't lock automatically. Guess you have to have a automatic for that to work. No big deal other than remembering to hit the switch before going anywhere.
Old 12/13/07, 06:42 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Mark, sorry man. I read into your post a little too much.

Chuck, man... this isn't the first time I've heard of a car jacking in the Arden area. Hopefully you will get some resolve out of this. Isn't that considered Placer County or is it Sac? I know that Placer County has a no tolerance policy for violent crimes, and I'd consider this a violent crime.

I hope you aren't too scarred from this, and can move forward in a positive manner. Best of luck to you and your family during this holiday season!
Old 12/13/07, 07:57 PM
V6 Member

S197 GT

I think it's still in SAC...

A note to all in CA, if you are faced with this situtation look up the DMV on line they have some good advice and some contacts to help shut down your stolen credit with the big 3 reporting agencies. Other states may have similar links from their motor vehicles departments.

It's not quite "Alls well that ends well." As Shakesphere would say. But my vehicle was returned to me today and I have it under lock and key to be cleaned up this weekend. Insurance inspectors give it clean bill of health mechanicly. Personnalized plates are going bye-bye next week and I'm back on the road again!

Yeah, I'm scared but I'm not going let it stop me...I figure to keep putting one foot in front of the other, untill I'm moving right along again.
I'll be a little more cautious to be sure but we go forward... Besides I hit the big six zero in April an then my new Stang gets ordered.
Old 12/13/07, 09:55 PM
3rd Times A Charm

That's great news Chuck! Glad you got your baby back!

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. If anything got damaged, I've got all of my stock parts that I'd be willing to help you out with.
Old 12/14/07, 04:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I'm sure there's a special place for the a$$holes that do this $hit.
the business end of .12 gauge is a good place...