2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Car Jack Warning

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/07, 04:28 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scramblr
And if they happen to fall outside the doorway when you shoot them, just drag their dead @ss back inside and tell the officer you were in fear for your life.
Not anymore. Just tell the officer you were in fear for your life. No need to get your feet dirty.

me:
perp: then ded
me:

ETA: All your page 3 are belong to us
Old 12/5/07, 04:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is your insurance company replacing the mustang?
Old 12/5/07, 07:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by colbymh
That's not to say the "presence" of a gun isnt good in some cases, to scare the person away, but the problem is, when people get scared they dont think, which can lead to the trigger being pulled.
I think that's why a shotgun was suggested because it would probably not have to be actually used. I ended up with no gun at all because I have a few friends that have keys to my house and will occasionally arrive unannounced to crash. I wouldn't want to hurt one of them by mistake.
Old 12/5/07, 07:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by poldrv
Replaced if they don't get it back mangled and beat
Old 12/5/07, 07:33 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by poldrv
Nice attempt to get us back on topic.
Old 12/5/07, 08:39 PM
V6 Member

Good evening all, I’ve been busy getting things back on an even keel again, and have not been trying to ignore all these emails. For which I humbly thank you all, some have included their own tradigies which have befallen them, believe me my heart goes out to them. May the good lord protect you and help you along until better times.

After something like this you go through the full gambit of emotions. At one point I thought about applying for a carry permit, but the police here in Northern California look askant at applications for carry permits for weapons that are “belt fed”.

The vehicle was parked and the thieves planned to approach the vehicle from behind, but after holding the door for my wife to get in, I had gone around the front of my car so they had to face me. They were clearly nervious about that, hence the big production of flashing the hand gun. They put on a phony sounding clipped Ebonics accent which I had a hard time understanding, to be truthful it took me a few seconds to figure out what was happening. (Of course it was sprinkled with liberal f___ this and that…4 years in the Army, 2 of which were in RVN, so I wasn’t impressed.) First they demanded my keys them my wallet I stared the one closest to me. With my wife clear of the car they got them and jumped in the car and left.

The police tell me they work in threes/four with one driving their get-away car. (Which I never saw.) They tend to park in lots by backing in for escape. So watch for a car load of “ner-do-wells” when you enter a parking lot. They check you out as you enter, packages in the back seat (that sort of thing). Travel in groups if you shop, be on the look out look for these yo-yos as you come out of the store. If you see something you don’t like go back in and report it.

For all their nonsense they got about $23 bucks in cash between me and my wife and my old tired iron Dodge (110K plus miles.) They flashed a gun in commission of the crime so now it’s a fed case. They had one of my credit cards, and bought 76 bucks worth of hamburgers… before we got everything shut off.

May the blessings of the season be upon you all!
Old 12/5/07, 08:59 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
this isnt funny at all, but I find some humor in buying $76 of hamburgers, I feel so bad for you losing your Stang, I've only got my jeep, and here at college, I WILL NOT park anywhere where I can't keep an eye on it, another good reason to leave.
Old 12/5/07, 10:06 PM
3rd Times A Charm

I had a feeling it was here in Nor Cal... I don't know why, but that's why I asked.

What city was it in? I live in the Bay Area, and it sounds like something that may have gone down here.

If you're local to me, and there's anything I can do to help, just let me know!

Just to clarify, did they get your Mustang or your Dodge?
Old 12/6/07, 12:46 AM
GT Member

We all get wrapped up in our own lives this time of year so it's easy to miss the n'er do wells as they're slithering around.

I'm not blaming the vicitim here so nobody get excited, I'm not even referring to this specific event. Just a heads up is all.

You best defense is to stay aware, all the time, no exceptions. If a situation doesn't feel right, don't tempt fate. Listen to the "spidey sense"

Packing heat may make us feel better but it's no replacement for rule number 1 which is to stay aware. Don't be so quick to make a bad situation worse either. You're primary goal is to get out of harm's way as quickly as possible should the worst occur. A few scratches on your car and some harsh words from a gang of punks is nothing compared to losing your life over something as trivial as a posession.

To be honest, I've had my cars broken into twice and at that point in time I would have loved to slowly disembowel the perpetrator with a butter knife just to extend the pain but I didn't get that chance. I've also had near car-jackings near one of my client sites where I work late at night. The only thing that stopped it was be aware of my surroundings and looking for something that was out of place, namely the loser skulking around the parking lot.

My short story...

I pulled into the driveway of the office I was working at and was about to open the gate of the underground parking garage when I noticed a punk hanging around. I kept an eye on him and noticed in my rear view mirror that he was walking up toward my side of the car as I rolled toward the gate. I work late nights so the fact that anyone was even around was strange.

As he walked up toward me fumbling with his pockets I threw the car in reverse, kicked on the high beams and was getting ready to take off when he bolted right in front of my path. For a split second He looked like a deer in my headlights. I figured if he was going to shoot at me now, I was for darned sure going to make him a hood ornament for his trouble as I had my foot on the gas getting ready to get the h*** out of there.

I really did this, not some TV fantasy. I made a police report and gave a description to them as well as the private security firm that makes rounds at the place.

I'll be honest, I didn't feel macho or tough at the time either, just freakin' scared.

We all think we're gonna be Rambo or Chuck Norris in these kinds of things but that's rarely the case. Nobody thinks that at the time, not even Chuck Norris.

Nobody is comfortable in this kind of situation, not even the punk doing the crime. That's what's so dangerous because someone driven by fear is unpredictable. Self defense classes, weapons training are all good but their real purpose is to train your reaction to fear not remove it. And the first thing they teach you is to avoid the situation if at all possible.

Just be aware and keep yourself and your family safe, that's priority number one.

One other thing. I think it's really stupid that the doors don't lock when you put the car in gear. I have a manual but they could do something like when it's put into first or something. Every other car I've been in that's less than 5 years old with power locks has this feature. Why is it left off the Mustang? The 95 Formula in my driveway does it and it's 12 years old!
Old 12/6/07, 03:01 AM
Cobra Member

Good story...and glad you were able to avoid a problem near work.

btw, my 08 does automatically lock the doors. I believe it does it at either 5mph or 8mph..I would have to look again in the manual .
Old 12/6/07, 04:14 AM
GT Member

My 08 GT doesn't seem to do that. I do have a base model and no IUP which may be why. Kind of like how some cars get progressive locks while the base models don't.

I do have to hit the remote twice to unlock both doors so that much is good.

If it's really happening at 5 to 8 MPH I'll have to watch for that next time. I'm just used to it happening when I put a car in gear.

Old 12/6/07, 05:42 AM
Cobra Member

I didnt really think about it until I was reading and saw it. Then I actually watched for it to happen. I will double check on my way home this morning, for when it actually locks (speed wise).
Old 12/6/07, 06:02 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm assuming that Chuck is reluctant to tell forum members where in Northern California this occured..doesn't want to reveal his specific location (and I guess that other "Northern Californians" forum members will not know where this happened)...me, I'm on the East Coast and I'm sure it can happen around here.
Old 12/6/07, 09:33 AM
Cobra Member

Jim, mine locks the second I touch the gas. Fwd or reverse.
Old 12/6/07, 09:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stang-22, I'm glad you and your wife are unharmed. Everything that was taken can be replaced. The main thing is that you are safe. You gave great advice to everyone. Everyone needs to read what he wrote and live by it.....and not just during the Christmas season.

Hey Stang.......one thing you really need to do is log onto www.financialprivacynow.org I'm a financial crimes detective and you are very open to identity theft right now. Go to this website and lock down your credit so this guy doesn't pose as you and go establish credit somewhere. Good luck and if you have any questions pm me.
Old 12/6/07, 10:54 AM
V6 Member

The investigation is still on going, so in deference to the "Boys in Blue" I have to play my cards close to the table. I hope you guys can understand.

OKLACOP/EL CAMINOGUY- Roger that!

There are some fine machines here on the site, but not so fine as their owners! Again thank you all!
- Stang-22
Old 12/6/07, 01:04 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally Posted by Mark S.
...(and I guess that other "Northern Californians" forum members will not know where this happened)...

What the hell does that mean?
Old 12/6/07, 02:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by colbymh
btw, my 08 does automatically lock the doors. I believe it does it at either 5mph or 8mph..I would have to look again in the manual .
Originally Posted by elcaminoguy
My 08 GT doesn't seem to do that. I do have a base model and no IUP which may be why. Kind of like how some cars get progressive locks while the base models don't.

I do have to hit the remote twice to unlock both doors so that much is good.

If it's really happening at 5 to 8 MPH I'll have to watch for that next time. I'm just used to it happening when I put a car in gear.

My understanding is all Automatics lock the doors as soon as you start driving and the Manuals do not. At least for 05 and 06s.
Old 12/6/07, 05:23 PM
V6 Member

I wish you and your family the best of luck.
Old 12/7/07, 04:30 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by scramblr
My understanding is all Automatics lock the doors as soon as you start driving and the Manuals do not. At least for 05 and 06s.
Yeah mines a 5 speed. Car's put away while I work on my project car so I won't get to it till next week to check.

thx.

And more on topic...

I hope the carjackers end up paying big time. Eventually they will, the criminal mindset is not something that you can count on for a long lifespan.

Bad guys----> <---Good guys

Quick Reply: Car Jack Warning