2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad Dealership Experience

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/05, 08:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kintaro@February 25, 2005, 12:14 AM
PPPS (?):
The worst part of all this crap is I won't be getting any darn bananas!!!

You deserve some nanners for putting up with all the poo!

I think that is definitely your car. Most dealers will not order a GT without the spoiler (mine included, I ordered mine w/o though ). This is no small coincidence...
Old 2/25/05, 01:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Smile

Kintaro,
Went on BON (Blue Oval News) started a post about it, all should go on and
give some input!
Brad hope you don't mind! Just could'nt sit here and do nothing!
Happy Trails!!
Old 2/25/05, 02:17 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kintaro@February 25, 2005, 12:14 AM
Well that's the car that would've been mine! I decided to pay the dealer a visit and tell him to screw himself and give me my deposit back with interest. It feels like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I'm glad they won't be getting my money, I just hope whoever buys the car will take care of it.

THE END

PS:
Let's see if someone can find the easter egg.

PPS:
Why the heck didn't anyone tell me I kept spelling DEALER wrong!? See how distraught this thing had me.

PPPS (?):
The worst part of all this crap is I won't be getting any darn bananas!!!

Did you ever check the window sticker to see if your name and the designation "TAG 000X000" was on the last line entry under OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT ? It sure looks like the car you ordered under the X-plan (sonic blue, spoiler delete, standard bullet wheels).
Old 2/25/05, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

A couple of answers:

The car is most definately the one I ordered. It was exactly as I ordered and the VIN number matched my order number. Do ordered cars come up on the dealer inventory list? A sales person couldn't it in the inventory, and I assumed it was because it was the one I ordered, but this was before I saw the VIN with my very own eyes.

I did check for my name on the sticker and unfortunately my name wasn't there.

And yes the dealer definately has the upper hand in these situations. All Ford CS would tell is that the dealer is an independent franchise and they could sell the car to whomever and for whatever amount they wanted.
Old 2/25/05, 05:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think everybody on this board should send these scumbags an e-mail and remind them we are the reason they are there. It is said that if someone gets bad service they tell ten people and they tell ten people and so-on.

GIVE THEM heck!!javascript:emoticon(':angry:')
smilie
Old 2/25/05, 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just a few observations on all of this:

First, if you live in Los Angeles, there's got to be a voluminous number of dealerships to choose from. Go elsewhere at the first sign of a dysfunctional dealership...cause that's what this is. I'm assuming you wouldn't put up with this kind of behavior from your friends or your girlfriend...why put up with it from a car dealer, someone you don't even know??!

Second, Ford corporate needs an enema. If this is how customer service treats buyers, well, I think the writing is on the wall: I don't think Ford has a very bright future. It's bad enough that the company is losing money and making no profits on vehicle sales...it's bad enough that they just lost the number two automaker in the world spot to an import manufacturer...but to top it all off they continue to treat customers with a cavalier attitude? Wakey, wakey, Ford, you're a dying breed.

Finally, these cars are going to be all over the road very shortly, and dealers will be only too happy to "deal" on them. Just be patient and look around LA for a while - or wait to see what the SE models are going to be - you'll find the car you want eventually and be much happier in the long run that you didn't give those scumbags your business.

You did the right thing, so feel good about it!
Old 2/25/05, 06:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Eddie, I feel bad for you I understand the frustration of using x-plan. I hope you find a good dealership that will treat you right. Lets all e-mail this dealership and let them know what we think... I am.
Old 2/25/05, 09:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by mco05gt@February 25, 2005, 7:58 PM
I think everybody on this board should send these scumbags an e-mail and remind them we are the reason they are there. It is said that if someone gets bad service they tell ten people and they tell ten people and so-on.

GIVE THEM heck!!javascript:emoticon(':angry:')
smilie

I read this and then remember the times I have told family and friends alike with very good reason and what do most of them do anyway. :bang: Whatever works for them.

All you really get out telling, is the venting of the problem you experienced.
Old 2/28/05, 12:29 PM
V6 Member

So how did this end....

Did you at least get your deposit back without a hassle?
Old 2/28/05, 11:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you ever check the window sticker to see if your name and the designation "TAG 000X000" was on the last line entry under OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT ? It sure looks like the car you ordered under the X-plan (sonic blue, spoiler delete, standard bullet wheels).
[/quote]

I don't think that they list the customer's name on the sticker all the time.
I ordered my car using X-Plan and my name wasn't listed on the sticker.
Old 3/1/05, 03:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered mine on X-plan and my name IS on the window sticker! Yours should be too. If it isn't, then something is fishy.