2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad Dealership Experience

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/05, 03:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kintaro@February 22, 2005, 6:56 PM
I ordered my car November 18, 2005 under xplan with a $500 deposit. Now, 14 weeks later I'm still waiting for my car. I called the dealership, spoke to a manager and he is saying that the owner is not allowing Xplan on the Mustangs. I told him I have it writing and he still insists that no Xplans will be offered. I don't have a signature from the dealership, but I have a statement from the dealership stating that the agreed upon price was xplan plus tax, doc fee and license.

Now what do you guys think I can do if they continue with this BS? I'm not sure if xplan order is protected or what the deal is. Maybe some Ford delearship employees can advise. I'm not sure if this manager was full of BS, but darn did it **** me off! I need ammo to combat these scumbags. Thanks.

I also don't want to walk away after all this time, unless I can get an EXTREMELY similar car to the one in my sig. IUP, stick, and color (unless it's white or Sonice blue) are not negotiable.

Why can't more delearships be like the guys in these boards. Or why can't these guys work at a delearship near me.

Signed VOC:

Never waste your time with TV stations - they don't touch stuff like this. When was the last time you saw a story on your local news that said: "Consumer gets @#$%d over by car dealership"? Ain't gonna happen.

Best thing to do is contact Ford corporate with a letter prepared and notorized by a lawyer, and/or vote with your pocketbook; hopefully by going elsewhere. No car is worth taking it up the hiney for.
Old 2/24/05, 04:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 05fordgt+February 24, 2005, 10:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ February 24, 2005, 10:02 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by davids2toys@February 23, 2005, 7:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-05fordgt
@February 23, 2005, 9:20 AM
Hey Eddie, Jeff here. They gave you the order confirmation page, not a buyers order. Without a signed buyers order, with a managers signature, it will be hard for you to make them accept the order. What I would like to know is, if you didn't sign a buyers order, and just the order sheet, where do they have listed that you gave them a $500 deposit? Just make sure if it comes to leaving that dealership and going elsewhere, that you can get your money back. If they give you a big stink about ordering a car that you didn't wind up taking, inform them you would have if they "honored the original deal".
Plus a Mustang GT will not last long on the dealers lot. Just talk to the owner, and if he is at all a human being, he will honor the deal you made with his establishment. Just keep a calm position, inform the owner, that the manager shouldn't have taken your order in the first place, and wasted your valuable time. Remind him you waited over 14 weeks for your dream car (never hurts to throw a guilt trip). He should honor it, if he is at all concered with customer satisfaction. I hope it all works out for the best.

Why is the buyers order so important, all I have is a VOC, it does say order type x. I also got a separate receipt for 2000.00 that says" order 2005 mustang...date Dec 07 04 (same as the VOC ), I also got the credit card statement reflecting they were paid.
So how do we get this Buyers order?
Hey David. You get a buyers order when you actually order or purchase a car. It is the piece of paper that has the new vehicle info on it, trade or transfer of tag info, payoff info, if applicable, insurance info, your info (how you want it titled) and the breakdown of the car you are purchasing, with sale price, rebates listed, sales tax, and tag fees. The bottom of the sheet shows how much total you owe ( if paying cash) or how much you are financing. Plus there is a spot to list your deposit you left, and your trade value. This paper has 3 copies (transparencies). The customer signes in 2 or 3 spots, and the manager signs it to make it offical. This is the paper that is binding by law, as it is a contract to purchase a car. If you buy the Mustang with X or A/Z plan, have a manager sign it, and they do a 180 and won't accept the deal, this is your "golden ticket". The manager signed it, and he has to honor it. All the Mustang GT's I sold so far, all had the customer and a manager sign a buyers order, not just the VOC. Plus I give a copy to the customer. The VOC is not a binding document. If a manager signed a VOC, you may have a case to get the car.
[/b][/quote]
This whole thing is ridicoulous, I did order a car, period, so when I call every week and give Them my order # and they ask me if I am david $#@&*^%, and I say yes, now one of these times they are going to serialize my order and give me a VIN, wont my name and Vin and order # all be married to each other all the way to the dealership...how in the world can this be disputed, should I go down there and tell them I want a buyers order, I think under ford partner rules the dealership has a whole bunch of obligations to its customers ordering using the plans mentioned above, I was just reading some of this on fordpartner.com, go to partner recognition program, then go to how it works, check out pricing, and dealership obligations.
Just the fact that they did not do half the things they were supposed to should help me out somehow,or at least hurt their position.
Check this out:
United Technologies Participant | Logout

Help / FAQ Contact Us

Home > How It Works > Plan Rules > Pricing

[b]<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Pricing [/b]</span>

The Partner Recognition Program offers substantial savings on most Ford Motor Company vehicles. Partner pricing varies by brand, as follows:

X-Plan Pre-determined price based on Ford Employee ("A-Plan") price.
The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice (except for
Land Rover and Jaguar)

Ford/Mercury A-Plan + 4% + $150
Lincoln A-Plan + 4% + $250
Volvo A-Plan + 2%
Land Rover Invoice plus 4% of Invoice (excluding Regional Advertising Group fee and destination & delivery fee).
Jaguar Invoice plus 4% of Invoice (excluding Advertising Association Fee and destination & delivery fee).

For specific vehicle plan pricing, visit the Vehicles & Pricing page. Pricing of in-stock dealership inventory is available for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury dealerships. Detail pricing sheets are available for Volvo, Mazda, Jaguar and Land Rover.

S-Plan Pre-determined price based on Mazda Employee price ("E-Plan") and noted on the dealer invoice

Mazda E-Plan + 5.3%

For actual pricing on in-stock vehicles visit your local dealership. Click here to see some examples.

The dealer is required to provide you with a true copy of the factory invoice showing the Partner Recognition Program price in the box labeled "X Plan"(not displayed for Land Rover or Jaguar, labeled as "S Plan" for Mazda). You should also receive a complete and signed New Vehicle Purchase Plan and Pricing Sheet showing each item and its price (form slightly different for Volvo and Mazda). This form is not provided for Jaguar or Land Rover vehicles. Do not sign this form if it is blank or if you do not understand how the price was calculated. To view or print a copy of this form, click on the links found on the main page of "How it works" under "Forms".

The "A" or "Z" Plan price is the amount shown in the box labeled "A Plan" near the bottom of the factory invoice (not displayed for Jaguar and Land Rover, labeled as "S Plan" for Mazda). Even though the box is labeled "A Plan", the "Z" plan price is the same. The New Vehicle Purchase Plan price includes advertising, transportation, dealer preparation and Company administrative fees. The dealership may not charge extra for these items. Click here to see an example of a Ford dealer invoice and where the A/Z plan price is located on the document. Click here to see an example of a Ford dealer invoice and where the X Plan price is located on the document.

The dealership may also NOT charge separately for document preparation or other administrative services incidental to the delivery of the vehicle on a Partner Recognition Plan sale. These expenses are considered to be part of the dealer's normal cost of doing business for which the dealership is compensated by the commission paid. Sales under the Mazda S-Plan may be subject to document preparation and/or other administrative services fees. Please review all fees with your Mazda sales consultant and be sure you understand and agree prior to completing a sale.

The dealership may charge any price negotiated between the dealer and the customer for undercoating, dealer installed options, extended service contracts and other items or services that add value to the vehicle, provided such items are priced separately and listed individually on the retail buyer's order and the New Vehicle Purchase Plan and Pricing Sheet.
Note: Partner Recognition customers may not accept items or services as an inducement or reward in connection with an "X Plan" sale or lease.

The customer is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, license and title fees.

The Ford Partner Recognition customer is entitled to X-Plan pricing on eligible vehicles in effect at the time the vehicle was invoiced. Any money refunded to the dealer by Ford Motor Company for price increases occurring after the order is submitted, but before shipment to the dealer, must be refunded to the customer. From time to time Ford Motor Company may offer incentives or rebates. Unless specifically approved and announced by the company, incentives or rebates are not available to New Vehicle Purchase Plan customers. Ask your dealer for details.

The dealership may require the Partner Recognition Program customer to make a deposit when placing a vehicle order. Some or all of this deposit may be retained by the dealership if the customer declines to accept delivery of the product ordered. An agreement in writing should be reached with the dealership concerning the amount of the deposit and the conditions under which it may be retained by the dealership if the transaction is not completed.

Lease transactions may require a refundable security deposit. The security deposit is held until the end of the lease and is refunded, provided that the lease terms have been satisfied. The deposit is usually equal to one month's payment, rounded to the next $25/$50.
* The X-Plan price is printed on the dealer's copy of the new vehicle invoice, which may be reviewed by the participant.

The dealer will show the customer a copy of the invoice to confirm pricing.

United Technologies Participant | Logout

Help / FAQ Contact Us

Home > How It Works > Plan Rules > Dealership Obligations

Dealership Obligations

Participating dealerships agree to comply with all of the terms outlined in this document, including the Red Carpet Lease Option provisions. Authorized Ford, Lincoln-Mercury, Jaguar, Volvo, Land Rover, and Mazda dealerships are encouraged, but not obligated, to participate in the Partner Recognition Program. Dealerships must be authorized (franchised) dealers ("under their Sales and Service Agreement(s)") for the product being sold.

A copy of the factory invoice showing the Partner Recognition Program X-Plan price in the box labeled "X Plan" (not displayed for Jaguar, Land Rover, or Mazda (S-Plan)) and a completed signed copy of the New Vehicle Purchase Plan and Pricing Sheet must be given to the customer.

The New Vehicle Purchase Plan and Pricing Sheet must identify the X-Plan price, the price of each dealer-added option, and any other allowable fees and taxes.

Participating dealerships must sign the "Dealer Agreement" located on the New Vehicle Purchase Plan and Pricing Sheet on each New Vehicle Purchase or Red Carpet Lease.

Dealers will notify the customer as soon as the vehicle has been prepared for delivery. The customer must accept delivery and make final settlement within five working days of the date of notification by the dealer. Unless otherwise agreed to between the dealer and the customer, vehicle disposition becomes the sole responsibility of the dealer on the sixth day.

All sales or lease contracts with Partner Recognition Program customers will be by an employee of the participating dealership. Commissions to dealerships will be withheld or charged back if non-employees, including brokers, agents or "bird dogs" are used to participate in Plan transactions in any capacity.
Old 2/24/05, 05:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why anyone would put with this is beyond me. I would simply say: "Deal's off," and walk. Find another dealership, and/or wait for MY '06. People have no patience anymore in our instant gratification society. Most of the world - the great majority, actually - don't have the opportunities (or rampant consumerism) that we have in the western world.

Walk away from these @#$&ers! Do you really want to give them your business after they've tried to screw you?
Old 2/24/05, 05:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Deals off is exactly what they want to hear. I'd would fight for the deal just for spite.
Old 2/24/05, 05:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Robert@February 24, 2005, 6:17 PM
Why anyone would put with this is beyond me. I would simply say: "Deal's off," and walk. Find another dealership, and/or wait for MY '06. People have no patience anymore in our instant gratification society. Most of the world - the great majority, actually - don't have the opportunities (or rampant consumerism) that we have in the western world.

Walk away from these @#$&ers! Do you really want to give them your business after they've tried to screw you?
This isn't about him being impatient. Some of us have been waiting several months for our orders to get filled. And, as others have stated, if he walks away he only feeds the fire because the dealership will then have a brand new GT that doesn't count against their allotment and they can sell it for $2-3k over sticker (a nearly $5k difference in profit). If my dealer pulled this I'd make sure that Ford execs knew about it.
Old 2/24/05, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, Kintaro? Did ya confront the dealership today? Get the deal? Let us know.
Old 2/24/05, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Just a tiny update, Ford CS is useless, but we already knew that. I did get the VIN from the car at the delearship and had Ford CS call the GM. But then he goes and lies to them telling them that the VIN is not from the car at the lot. This scumbag is lying so much he probably believes it now.

I'm out of town until the weekend so I won't be seeing them until Saturday, I doubt my car will even be around by then.

In the mean time here is the dealership information for those that want it.

Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood
5500 Lankershim Boulevard
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(818) 980-9800

GM: Greg Brown
Fleet Manager that ordered car: Peter Wyld
Owner: Robert Burncotti ("retired")

http://hollywood.sunriseford.site.webmakerx.net/
Old 2/24/05, 07:45 PM
V6 Member

Thank you for the dealership information. It will soon be on its way to investor relations backed up by about 50,000 voting shares.

Good luck!
Old 2/24/05, 08:48 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by xr7g428@February 24, 2005, 9:48 PM
Thank you for the dealership information. It will soon be on its way to investor relations backed up by about 50,000 voting shares.

Good luck!

Bill,

Not to rain on your parade, but even at your great rate of ownership, you still equal one out of roughy 38,160 other owners of the same block of stock, plus the Ford Family Stock Controlling votes. See why I say no one will listen to us. With 5,000,000 shares in pocket, somebody may think about reading the letter. Send it anyway in hopes that others do the same.

Rock on,

Bruce
Old 2/24/05, 08:53 PM
Cobra Member

What is the VIN? I can check it and see what the dealer code is on the invoice...
Old 2/24/05, 11:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Here are some pics of the car that never was.

Old 2/24/05, 11:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 2/24/05, 11:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Well that's the car that would've been mine! I decided to pay the dealer a visit and tell him to screw himself and give me my deposit back with interest. It feels like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I'm glad they won't be getting my money, I just hope whoever buys the car will take care of it.

THE END

PS:
Let's see if someone can find the easter egg.

PPS:
Why the heck didn't anyone tell me I kept spelling DEALER wrong!? See how distraught this thing had me.

PPPS (?):
The worst part of all this crap is I won't be getting any darn bananas!!!
Old 2/24/05, 11:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Did anyone notice on the side of the building it said "BS CERTIFIED". Wow, seems to be true.
Old 2/24/05, 11:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by jwede@February 24, 2005, 10:53 PM
Did anyone notice on the side of the building it said "BS CERTIFIED". Wow, seems to be true.
That should've been a red flag for me.
Old 2/25/05, 12:42 AM

:angry: :angry: Yeah right bunch of.....
Old 2/25/05, 01:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

You should send them a link to this thread.
Old 2/25/05, 02:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Talking

Kintaro,
Got pretty upset reading these posts.
Hope things wiil come around for you.
They(the dealer) if anything is just a sad piece of garbage
that was left behind to rot!
Keep tight!
Happy Trails!!
Old 2/25/05, 06:22 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hopefully there is an honest dealer out there that will get your business.

Hopefully this dealer will lose business as a result of this thread.

If I were you I would link this topic to any local Mustang clubs, etc.
Old 2/25/05, 07:07 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Ordering a car is a two way sword. It would take a very limited production model for me to place myself in such an agonizing predicament again.

The dealers have the upper hand for the time being for sure. A mass production model won't keep them there forever. A logical question I would ask you guys is "who placed the dealers is such an advantageous position in the first place?" Anytime cards are shown, it is a definate the guy on the other side will nail your butt to the wall.

Quick Reply: Bad Dealership Experience