2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad Dealership Experience

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/05, 05:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I dont know about you guys, but I cant wait to hear how this unfolds...I am building a case for myself if they try any shananagins with me They already told me I would be paying doc fee of 190.00, only to learn on this great thread, that I am not supposed to be charged this...thank you all!
Old 2/23/05, 05:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give us an email address. We can pummel them.
Old 2/23/05, 05:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think this should be enough evidence to hold up. They are trying to back out on the deal plain and simple.
Old 2/23/05, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

So far nothing new to report. The General Manager was not in today (or so I was told) so I am holding my visit for tomorrow. From what 2 Salespeople and 1 Fleet Manager said, he is not budging. But we'll see tomorrow if this will change.

As for the XPlan fees, I called the XPlan number posted and they are only supposed to charge: Tax, Tags and Title.

I may just go tonight to check out the car.
Old 2/23/05, 06:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by kintaro@February 23, 2005, 6:54 PM
So far nothing new to report. The General Manager was not in today (or so I was told) so I am holding my visit for tomorrow. From what 2 Salespeople and 1 Fleet Manager said, he is not budging. But we'll see tomorrow if this will change.

As for the XPlan fees, I called the XPlan number posted and they are only supposed to charge: Tax, Tags and Title.

I may just go tonight to check out the car.
By x plan #, is it the 1-800-348-7709 that was posted in this thread?
Old 2/23/05, 06:13 PM
V6 Member

Do not accept this crap.

Walk in with a tape recorder in your hand. Get a friend to follow you with a video camera. Tell them it is your intent to record every word and every action that they take. Keep your cell phone in your hand at all times. Do not make any threats, yell or otherwise act irrational. Simply demand that they act according to your agreement. Take copies of your paper work.

If they touch you call the police and have them charged with battery, if they threaten you call the police and charge them with assault. Do not accept that some one is out right now. Ask for the person in charge. Do not let them stuff you in an office. Tell them you prefer to wait right in the middle of the show room. You do not have anything to hide. Do they?

Always refer to your paper work as your contract to purchase the vehicle. Do not let them tell you it is anything less. When you left the dealership you thought you had a binding contract. What you thought is what a judge is going to care about.

What you are working towards is getting them to admit that they accepted your offer and your deposit. Tell them that if your have to leave with out the car it will be becuse you have no further option but legal recourse. It is your opinion that they have commited fraud. Ask for the names of the individuals. Ask for their legal names. Crimes are commited by people, not companies.

It is important that you maintain control of the situation. You chose where you want to sit, who is in the room, how long yopu want to wait for any one. If they try to surround you with dealership people, tell them that you would like for them to back off. Tell them that you feel physically threatened, pick up the phone and say 9 1 1. They will get the message.

I believe once they see that you are not going to fold they will very quickly switch the story to "man did you ever get a killer deal".

Never return to the dealership.
Old 2/23/05, 06:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Badsnke98@February 22, 2005, 10:36 PM
You had one guy who works at dealship give his take.

I trusted my sales person that no sigs were needed and that I would not be screwed around by the dealership at time of delivery. Not so.

This what I learned from my soured deal. You need a purchase order with the Sales Managers or General Sales Managers sig on it. That you do not have. Ford customer service and A-plan administrations did me no good. Good luck. I did not push the issue and moved on to a better dealership.
How do you get this purchase order? All I have is the VOC with my sig at the bottom
Old 2/23/05, 06:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by 05fordgt@February 23, 2005, 9:20 AM
Hey Eddie, Jeff here. They gave you the order confirmation page, not a buyers order. Without a signed buyers order, with a managers signature, it will be hard for you to make them accept the order. What I would like to know is, if you didn't sign a buyers order, and just the order sheet, where do they have listed that you gave them a $500 deposit? Just make sure if it comes to leaving that dealership and going elsewhere, that you can get your money back. If they give you a big stink about ordering a car that you didn't wind up taking, inform them you would have if they "honored the original deal".
Plus a Mustang GT will not last long on the dealers lot. Just talk to the owner, and if he is at all a human being, he will honor the deal you made with his establishment. Just keep a calm position, inform the owner, that the manager shouldn't have taken your order in the first place, and wasted your valuable time. Remind him you waited over 14 weeks for your dream car (never hurts to throw a guilt trip). He should honor it, if he is at all concered with customer satisfaction. I hope it all works out for the best.
Why is the buyers order so important, all I have is a VOC, it does say order type x. I also got a separate receipt for 2000.00 that says" order 2005 mustang...date Dec 07 04 (same as the VOC ), I also got the credit card statement reflecting they were paid.
So how do we get this Buyers order?
Old 2/23/05, 06:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Update:
I talked to the General Manager, and he insists that the car ordered is not my car!!!

He insists that it's just ordered by the factory.

He insists that my order does not have a VIN #.

He even said that hundreds of other people ordered before me and they have not gotten their cars!

He insists that my car is not built.

He pretty much refused to get into CONCEPS to check my status.

Where can I get the VIN# to my vehicle!? I need Something with my name and VIN#.

I NEED HELP!!!

This General Manager is just a scumbag, he demanded I show him proof of that car's status and VIN#. When I told him I would get it to him, backpedaled.

If anyone in SoCal can refer me to a reputable delearship that will accept XPlan or similar price I would greatly appreciate it. After all these lies I am fed up with this delearship.

Now I have to really consider going through another order after being burned like this.
Old 2/23/05, 07:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

I didn't order mine, so I can't speak to where you would get your VIN.

When you saw the car, did you look for your name on the window sticker, as mentioned in a previous post? If it's there, that would pretty much seal the deal.

Have you said which dealer it is? What's the dealer name?
Old 2/23/05, 07:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Call the Ford Customer Service Line. The phone # is 1-800-392-3673. They are open from 8AM - 8PM Eastern Standard Time. Since you don't have your VIN#, explain your situation to the operator. Tell them they never gave you your VIN# and give them the location/time you put in your order. Give them the specs of your order. Hopefully something will pop up in their data base that is identical to your order, which from your signature, looks pretty darn customized. If something pops up, ask specifics, maybe they have the data on how much money the buyer put down, or whether it was a factory order or a private order.

If they get anything, have them fax any paperwork they can over to you for evidence. Explain to them that you were promised X-Plan but the GM won't give it to you without showing him proof that the car coming in is yours.... which really sounds backwards, when you think about it. You were told this is your car by more than a few people at the dealership and now al of a sudden it's not yours!? Don't forget to make a big stink in the middle of the showroom!!
Old 2/23/05, 07:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I didn't go to the delearship. I was told the General Manager was not in today, but I talked to him over the phone, so now I do assume he was in all the time. I have no concrete proof that the car was delivered, the VOPC states it's at the ramp as of Feb 18. But even then it's hard to use a VOPC against them when they refuse to called.
Old 2/23/05, 07:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Also, take this as a lesson for the future - ALWAYS GET THE DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement)!!! It should be available within a week of ordering. Call them up periodically for the VIN and once they give it to you when your order has been serialized, write it down and double check it with Ford Customer Service!! (phone # posted above)
Old 2/23/05, 07:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@February 23, 2005, 6:24 PM
Call the Ford Customer Service Line. The phone # is 1-800-392-3673. They are open from 8AM - 8PM Eastern Standard Time. Since you don't have your VIN#, explain your situation to the operator. Tell them they never gave you your VIN# and give them the location/time you put in your order. Give them the specs of your order. Hopefully something will pop up in their data base that is identical to your order, which from your signature, looks pretty darn customized. If something pops up, ask specifics, maybe they have the data on how much money the buyer put down, or whether it was a factory order or a private order.

If they get anything, have them fax any paperwork they can over to you for evidence. Explain to them that you were promised X-Plan but the GM won't give it to you without showing him proof that the car coming in is yours.... which really sounds backwards, when you think about it. You were told this is your car by more than a few people at the dealership and now al of a sudden it's not yours!? Don't forget to make a big stink in the middle of the showroom!!
I tried calling the number but I missed it by an hour, I will try tomorrow. Well I think they're reasoning is they are not backing out of the deal, just that the car that was ordered is not mine. He insists mine hasn't showed up, which may be possible, but it will be there any day now, but he refuses to acknowledge this as well. He spewed so much BS, he even claimed to be a co-owner, which I highly doubt.

darn I'm kicking myself for not recording the conversation.
Old 2/23/05, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

(shrugs) See if Ford Customer Service can tell you if your car has been delivered, if they can fax any additional paperwork to you. See if Ford Customer Service can give you your VIN #. If they can, double check it with the one on the window sticker to see if you have a match. I just checked out my window sticker (yeah, I saved it) and it didn't have my name on it anywhere. just the VIN# and shipping location, as well as a shipping code.
Old 2/23/05, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@February 23, 2005, 6:28 PM
Also, take this as a lesson for the future - ALWAYS GET THE DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement)!!! It should be available within a week of ordering. Call them up periodically for the VIN and once they give it to you when your order has been serialized, write it down and double check it with Ford Customer Service!! (phone # posted above)
I HAVE A DORA!!!! Unfortunately it doesn't have the full VIN. I tried calling the delearship within the 14 weeks of waiting but the always referred me to the Fleet Manager (who ordered the car) but he would never return my phone calls.
Old 2/23/05, 08:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GIZMOTOO@February 23, 2005, 10:46 AM
Kintaro,

You indicted your car might might be here as soon as today. Anyway, when it arrives, check to see if your name and the following "TAG 000X000" appears as the last entry on the window sticker under OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT. If it was ordered under the "X" plan such will be the case. Now, since you have the VOC indicating it was ordered as an "X" plan car and in if fact it was built and delivered as an "X" plan car, you might have some leverage with the Dealer through Ford. I would write a sincere letter explaining the situation and send it to the Dealer, your regional sales office, Ford customer Relations, etc. If you take this route, maybe you should first inform the Dealer what you plan to do. I don't think Ford would look favorably on a Dealer ordering a car under the "X" plan and then failing to deliver.

Does anyone else who order with XPlan have their name and "TAG 000X000" in their window sticker? This may be the fuel I need, the general manager said he would give me XPlan but that the car on their lot is not the one I ordered. He also insisted the the car was not mine, that it would not have my name on the vehicle.

If this is true I could make him eat his words if it infact is my car at the delearship.

Here's the Cliff Notes version of my situation:
The dealer wants to sell my car at a higher price, because the car does not belong to me.

Now if my name is on the VOC, DORA, possible on the Window Sticker, I have a $500 deposit on the car, and a Credit Union pre-approval letter. Am I wrong to think it's my car?
Old 2/23/05, 08:10 PM
V6 Member

You have all of the information you need.

Get a grip. Get all of your stuff together. Stop talking on the phone!!!!!!!!

Go in person. You can't take delivery on the phone.

The DORA has the order number and your name on it. You have been verifying the infoprmation on the phone system. At the dealership, in front of the GM or whomever is IN CHARGE call the 800 staus number on your cell phone.

Stop waiting for them to act. You have to take the initiative.

YOU have to remember what they are doing is WRONG. They will be nervous when you are there and they have to look you in the eye.

These people are scum. Deal with them on that basis. Do not trust them to do anything. Call the Ford customer service line while you are IN THE DEALERSHIP.

Do everything you can to accelerate the process. No coming back later, wait for this, some body is out. Make them act now.
Old 2/23/05, 08:19 PM
V6 Member

Kintaro,
I am so sorry you are having such problems with the delivery of your car. You and I have an order date two days apart and it was kind of like we were side by side in waiting for our cars through all the delays and questions. I can understand why you would not want to start over with your order, but on the other hand would you want a dealership like this to have your money?? I wish you much luck, and I agree make a giant hullabaloo in the middle of their showroom with their possible future and prospective customers, they don't like things like that!!
Old 2/23/05, 08:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ah, you DO have a DORA, then! That's great news! Ford Customer Service should definitely be able to help you out. Like xr7g428 said, just give them your order number and name... they should be able to give you your FULL VIN# and the official status of your car!! Just double check the specs of the car with your order. Then go to the dealership and check the VIN# against the one on the window sticker.

poo man, if you really need the help, PM me with your order # and name and I'll call them myself at 8 AM here on the East Coast for you. I'm that peeved about your situation. I can't believe the crap some dealerships pull, man.

I just had a horrifying thought. Could they be pulling this with you because they already sold your car to someone else? If so, Ford Customer Service should have it in their records that it was sold or delievery was taken. Anything's possible when dealing with scum.

Quick Reply: Bad Dealership Experience