2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

70 MPH / SEAT BELT CHIME

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/04, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
badandy, my reading comprehension is fine...i was just talking about the name calling...
Old 11/3/04, 11:53 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Ace, I believe he was saying that he only said it because he assumed Mongoose was not wearing his seatbelt. I do agree though, that no matter what the assumption of the original post, there was no need for the name calling.
Old 11/3/04, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

gotcha
Old 11/3/04, 12:01 PM
Cobra R Member

How did a chime forum get changed to a insurance furum? Oh well it cost me a little over 700 here in Missouri but they also insure two more cars, my home, boat, and RV.
Old 11/3/04, 12:05 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Mongoose, its my fault your Chime thread got twisted into an insurance thread... I made the comment that what I do with my seatbelt doesnt affect anyone else, and then it spun out of control.
Old 11/3/04, 12:15 PM
Cobra Member

Yes ace, that is what I meant.

Actually, anyone who doesn't wear a seatbelt when they could is subject much more to name calling. Since he does wear his seatbelt and it was a different situation (explained after my post) I retract it.

sheesh, you people are so critical.
Old 11/3/04, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Just one thing to keep in mind...... When you sign on to an insurance policy, they ask if you wear your belt, right? Just remember, that if you are in accident, w/out the belt on, you may not be covered when it comes time for damages and lawsuits and attorney protection.
Old 11/3/04, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Badandy@November 3, 2004, 1:18 PM

Actually, anyone who doesn't wear a seatbelt when they could is subject much more to name calling. Since he does wear his seatbelt and it was a different situation (explained after my post) I retract it.

subject to much more than name calling? why does it even earrant the name calling?

Do you ever speed? Is that not the same as not wearing your seatbelt? All of you people who are complaining/giving people a hard time over not wearing a seat belt...Come On!
Old 11/3/04, 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by HUGLE@November 3, 2004, 1:19 PM
Just one thing to keep in mind...... When you sign on to an insurance policy, they ask if you wear your belt, right? Just remember, that if you are in accident, w/out the belt on, you may not be covered when it comes time for damages and lawsuits and attorney protection.
I've never been asked by my insurance company if i wear a seat belt.
Old 11/3/04, 01:10 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I have never been asked by my insurance company if I wear my seatbelt. The lack of tickets for not wearing it may be enough evidence that I do, or simply that they dont need to ask.

However, I have no problem telling my insurance company that I do forget, and if they want to raise my rates, thats fine with me. I am ok with them not covering MY costs if I were to get into an accident w/o a seatbelt... but, they dont all work like that. In fact, my fathers accident that almost killed him, was covered completely. He wasnt wearing his seat belt... thank the gods.

And BadAndy, it would seem you are being more critical by the name calling simply because you misunderstood and assumed that MonGoose was not wearing his seatbelt. You also are being critical of people who dont wear thier seatbelt by saying in essensce they deserve to be called names if they dont.

No one in here is perfect, everyone in here breaks a law or two, at least once a day while driving. Does that mean they are all idiots? Nope. Some may be poor drivers, maybe... but, hardley idiots.
Old 11/3/04, 01:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

For goodness sake, someone lock this puppy up (pun intended).

People, if you want to call others names, then go to StangNet. There is no room for that here.

Some people would say that we are all stupid for wanting a car that can go 150mph...does that really make us stupid???
Old 11/3/04, 02:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I can hear the ringing...and the voices. Oh, wrong website sorry. :spin:
Old 11/3/04, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Shea@November 3, 2004, 2:57 PM
For goodness sake, someone lock this puppy up (pun intended).

People, if you want to call others names, then go to StangNet. There is no room for that here.

Some people would say that we are all stupid for wanting a car that can go 150mph...does that really make us stupid???
Mustangworld actually ....

I wish the car could get to 180! All about the bragging rights. B)
Old 11/3/04, 03:22 PM
V6 Member

to add my 2 cents...

i was driving a gas powered go cart, and was flooring it out on a sandy trail in a wooded ranch in seguin, texas. well, i had a flat tire (front left) without realizing it, and as i lost traction in that tire the steering wheel jerked left and i flew out of the driver seat, unable to hit the brakes.

needless to say, the cart went right into a tree at a good 30mph at least, as i was flying across seats, the car stopped nicely. i didnt...

my ribs flew into the steering wheel and bruised them badly.

ALWAYS wear a seat belt now. and i even wish they had them on buses.
Old 11/3/04, 03:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ace0215+November 3, 2004, 12:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ace0215 @ November 3, 2004, 12:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Badandy@November 3, 2004, 1:18 PM

subject to much more than name calling? why does it even earrant the name calling?

Do you ever speed? Is that not the same as not wearing your seatbelt? All of you people who are complaining/giving people a hard time over not wearing a seat belt...Come On! [/b][/quote]
Are you kidding? You can't name call if someone is stupid enough not to wear a seat belt?

You say speeding is the same as not wearing your seatbelt....well, I really don't know how to respond to that comment it is so out there. You can crash at 25 mph or 50 mph and NOT BE SPEEDING and kill yourself for not wearing a seatbelt.
Old 11/3/04, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@November 3, 2004, 3:13 PM
I have never been asked by my insurance company if I wear my seatbelt. The lack of tickets for not wearing it may be enough evidence that I do, or simply that they dont need to ask.

However, I have no problem telling my insurance company that I do forget, and if they want to raise my rates, thats fine with me. I am ok with them not covering MY costs if I were to get into an accident w/o a seatbelt... but, they dont all work like that. In fact, my fathers accident that almost killed him, was covered completely. He wasnt wearing his seat belt... thank the gods.

No one in here is perfect, everyone in here breaks a law or two, at least once a day while driving. Does that mean they are all idiots? Nope. Some may be poor drivers, maybe... but, hardley idiots.
Break the law once or twice a day???? That's all? Of course everyone breaks the law while driving. Shoot, I do it just about every 5 to 10 minutes while at work, but it's really all LEGAL. You really need to be aware that you are saying all these things to people whom you have never met. And, what they do for a living..... Listen to the odds, you are most likely to be SAVED during an traffic crash, but there are those times where it restrains a person causing more injuries,and/or death. Of course you have the RIGHT to choose to do or not to do, but remember, people want you to be safe, etc.....

:cop:
Old 11/3/04, 05:26 PM
Bullitt Member

I hate when cars beep for any reason. They should just tell you stuff by your gaudges but absloutly no beeping.
Old 11/3/04, 06:11 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

What does everyone's job have to do with any of this? Nothing. I am fully aware of what I am saying, and to whom. If you were someone I knew, I would not choose my words so carefully.

I never said the odds were against seatbealts, in fact, I said it is a RARE occasion when it is more harmful to be wearing one.

And frankly, in your job, you should understand that even with a 22350 (CA VC), you are breaking the law, it is just permissible due to the safety of the action. Even so, it is ILLEGAL, and can result in a ticket, and fine. Breaking the law is breaking the law. My thing is this... if I break the law, I got no problem taking responsibility for it.

I dont get how it is that what I said was so wrong? Ticket me for the seatbelt if you catch me in CA without it. I will smile, and pay the fine. I take responsibility for my actions. I got pulled over for speeding, and because I was cooperative, and didnt try to GET OUT of the ticket, the cop let me go. Thats the difference. I know I break the law, and if I get caught, well, I do my time, like a big girl.

Edit: Side note: No, that cop didnt know any family members, or the agencies they are employed with. I also dont use that as a "get out of jail/ticket/trouble" card.
Old 11/3/04, 07:42 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Since Name calling isnt allowed on this forum at all, consider this locked. I nor Brad will put up with it. period.