2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

70 MPH / SEAT BELT CHIME

Search this Thread

Old 11/2/04, 09:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Y'know, I found that particular problem out in the Toyota Camry I'm toolin' around in (Until tomorrow, then it'll be a '96 Tbird. But I digress.)

My DaisyDog was in her bed in the pax seat for a ride, and I had to buckle the seatbelt to make the car shut up about it. But I left it buckled all weekend long. Nary a problem.

So, there's a fix for ya??

/wonders if just a buckle, no belt, plugged in would work too...
Old 11/2/04, 09:22 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I turned the chime off in my 2000 not due to not wearing the seatbelt, but just so that I don't have to listen to it if I want to have my car on while cleaning, maintenance, etc.

I've always worn my seatbelt since I've had my license, and after having an accident when I was 17, I'm convinced that it kept me from being VERY seriously injured. If I'm in the car without it on it just doesn't feel right now.
Old 11/2/04, 09:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@November 2, 2004, 8:31 PM
M1 I hate to bust you baloon but MY GT has a 70 MPH as well as a back up chime and I do use a seat belt but my dog does not. Be sure to let us know when you get yours and can speak with some authority then I will listen.
There is no speed chime or reverse chime. The only chimes I am aware of this vehicle is the no seatbelt and key in ignition chime.

If your car sensors indicate someone is in the driver seat or passanger seat and is not waring their seatbelt the seatbelt chime will sound.

Solutions, ware your seatbelt. If you are and have nothing in your passenger seat and the chime still sounds then you have a problem with your car.
Old 11/2/04, 09:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@November 2, 2004, 6:31 PM
M1 I hate to bust you baloon but MY GT has a 70 MPH as well as a back up chime and I do use a seat belt but my dog does not. Be sure to let us know when you get yours and can speak with some authority then I will listen.
I've had mine since Saturday.

I have NO CHIME at 70.

If you have a dog that sits in the front, then by all means, read the instructions and turn it off.

If it's going off at 70 as a speed warning (i.e. when you are wearing your seatbelt, and there is no dog), then your BeltChime is DEFECTIVE. There is NO SPEED CHIME.

Your car somes with an owners manual, read it. If something isn't working the way the manual describes, don't attribute it to a "Secret Feature", attribute it to a bug, alert your dealer and make an appointment to get it fixed.
Old 11/3/04, 04:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You all do know that they make harnesses for dog that you can hook up to a seatbelt!? Why would you buckle up yourself a but not buckle up your dog/cat/child/etc...? Seeing as if you have a dog, you must be a dog lover as well. I personally crate my dog for drives anywhere and the crate is strapped into the rear seat by the seatbuckle. Not only does it protect him it protects me as well. What happens to a dog that is not buckled in and you get rear ended? or you rear end someone else? or get T-boned? or you roll your vehicle? The beloved pooch of yours becomes a projectile! Possibly killing him/her and you! No dog should be free to run around in a car. Think of his saftey not his comfort! No one I know buckles up for comfort.

So PLEASE Buckle up! It saves lives!

http://www.sitstay.com/store/equip/petbuckle.shtml
Old 11/3/04, 04:17 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Both my dogs have harnesses that attach to the back seatbelts, thus utilising the "Friction Lock" facility if I have an accident or have to brake hard.
A dog in the front seat is seriously distracting and dangerous, if you rear end someone, your dog is going through the windshield and will make a nice little mess on the car in front.
Dogs and Children should ALWAYS be in the back out of your eyeline.
Old 11/3/04, 06:06 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well personally I think the dog should be in the back seat.....
Lot safer for the driver and the Pooch.

As for where people are concerned, when I was about 16, I was in the front passenger seat of a station wagon whose back end slipped out on a wet road - a 90 degree turn. We were going about 25 - when the nose came back around, I saw the headlights catch a tree just off the road.... then nothing...

When I regained consciousness, I realized we had hit the tree head head-on, dead center in the front end - I had slammed into the dashboard and the windshield cause I wasn't wearing my seat belt (we were only driving to a house 10 minutes away from where we wre - why bother right?...). Thankfully, it happened so fast I was completely relaxed and didn't break a thing. I DID spend most of the evening in the emergency room having a guy pick glass out of my forehead.... :notnice:
And I also freaked out my brother and Mom when they met us at the hospital - I of course didn't realize it cause I couldn't SEE myself, but my face was COVERED with blood and they thought I was dead or something when they rolled me out of the ambulance...

[really weird to have little slivers still work themselves out your skin a few months later too ]

Anyway, I thought I walked away from it really lucky regardless and I did - until about 1997-98 or so when I suddenly had a MAJOR lower back problem. Talking with my chiropractor, we basically figured out that the seed had been planted way back then in that accident, and fifteen years of running (recreational, 5Ks...) and years of Kenpo Karate pushed things till the seed of the problem bloomed. Big time. And now I live with that every day of my life.

In other words I am a huge advocate, no matter what, whether you are driving to the corner 7-11, to always wear your darn seatbelt.
Old 11/3/04, 06:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, I believe dogs should use the harness/seatbelt too. I had one for a dog my ex-girldfriend. I hate seeing people trying to drive while playing with their dog, or trying to disipline the dog, all the time, weaving down the road barley missing something.

I also wear my belts all the time. One time I didn't, I get in an accident. Luckily only a fender bender, but I bumped my forehead on the top of the windshield. Learned my lesson real quick.
Old 11/3/04, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Badandy@November 2, 2004, 7:35 PM
What kind of retard doesn't wear a seatbelt.

You are very stupid Mongoose!

this forum is NOT for calling people names. Who are you to judge somebody as a retard or stupid? Please think before typing
Old 11/3/04, 07:17 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ace0215+November 3, 2004, 8:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ace0215 @ November 3, 2004, 8:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Badandy@November 2, 2004, 7:35 PM
What kind of retard doesn't wear a seatbelt.

You are very stupid Mongoose!

this forum is NOT for calling people names. Who are you to judge somebody as a retard or stupid? Please think before typing [/b][/quote]
I think he did think, it's the person that didn't buckle up that didn't think.
Old 11/3/04, 08:16 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

So, its ok to call people names? I agree with Ace. In addition, it seems that the original poster WAS wearing thier seatbelt.

Is it possible for people to make thier point without being rude and insulting? Perhaps not... But, these kind of comments are against forum rules.

Oh, and how many people are going to post about thier seatbelts? Frankly, if I dont wear a seatbelt, its my problem, no one elses. Here in California its a law, and I would get a ticket without it... one I disagree with. If I want to endanger my life, its my life, and I choose what to do with it. Not to mention, it may be rare, but there are accidents where the occupant would have DIED from wearing a seatbelt. My father was in such an accident, and he would be dead today if had worn his seat belt. Yeh, with fewer broken bones, but dead nontheless.

Yes, my kids and my animals wear them. Me? If I forget, oh well, my problem, and not anyone else's.
Old 11/3/04, 08:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@November 3, 2004, 7:19 AM
Yes, my kids and my animals wear them. Me? If I forget, oh well, my problem, and not anyone else's.
Not true. You get messed up badly from wrecking while not wearing that seat belt, and it affects all of the rest of us by increasing our insurance premiums. And I have to wash your blood off my bumper, which is really gross...
Old 11/3/04, 08:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@November 3, 2004, 9:19 AM
So, its ok to call people names? I agree with Ace. In addition, it seems that the original poster WAS wearing thier seatbelt.

Is it possible for people to make thier point without being rude and insulting? Perhaps not... But, these kind of comments are against forum rules.

Oh, and how many people are going to post about thier seatbelts? Frankly, if I dont wear a seatbelt, its my problem, no one elses. Here in California its a law, and I would get a ticket without it... one I disagree with. If I want to endanger my life, its my life, and I choose what to do with it. Not to mention, it may be rare, but there are accidents where the occupant would have DIED from wearing a seatbelt. My father was in such an accident, and he would be dead today if had worn his seat belt. Yeh, with fewer broken bones, but dead nontheless.

Frankly, if I dont wear a seatbelt, its my problem, no one elses.
So if, GOD FORBID but if you go head first through your windshield you become a flying projectile with the ability to kill or maim whomever may be in your way! So then it no longer becomes just your problem now does it?

Being thrown from a moving vehicle doesn't stop the vehicle from moving. Let's say you make a hard left and again GOD FORBID are ejected through your driver side door, who's controling your vehicle now? Don't be selfish you have people who love you. Wear it for them and everyone else around you! I'd like to think you're a better person than that statement I quoted.

My condolences for your loss as well. I'm truly very sorry!
Old 11/3/04, 08:36 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

I know a really good way to lower your premuims... keep your record clean. I only pay about $700 a year for my insurance. Wow, and the cool thing is, you dont have to worry about blood on your car either.
Old 11/3/04, 08:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@November 3, 2004, 7:39 AM
I know a really good way to lower your premuims... keep your record clean. I only pay about $700 a year for my insurance. Wow, and the cool thing is, you dont have to worry about blood on your car either.
You apparently have no understanding of insurance -- it's called SHARED RISK. Which means that what you do affects me. Insurance is partially based on what I do, and partially based on what YOU do.

Keeping my record clean won't keep your blood off my bumper... keeping you off the road, however, will ....
Old 11/3/04, 08:45 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

1. People, I wear it. Cripes.

2. My father is NOT dead, please re-read my post. He WOULD have died.

3. I really was just offering a differing opinion.

Finally, I was wearing my seatbelt when I flipped my car. Yeh, it saved my life. I just dont think the governement ought to be telling me what to do with my body. Thats the bottom line.
Old 11/3/04, 08:48 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

HairyCary, get off of it. Shared Risk is not SIMPLY about seatbelts. I love how people in this forum assume that when someone disagrees it is because they have no understanding. You guys crack me up.

Oh? Keeping me off the road will keep my blood off your bumper? That sounds ominous. Thanks, I trust my driving far more than yours, maybe it is not me that needs to be kept off the road. I have already stated, I wear it. I just dont agree it should be a law.
Old 11/3/04, 08:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Glad to hear it on all 3 counts!
Especially #2, my bad!
Old 11/3/04, 08:49 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SLightly off topic, what is your view on smoking?....
Old 11/3/04, 08:53 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

NP Mas35NYR, I am not an evil person. Just like to keep people on thier toes.

Quick Reply: 70 MPH / SEAT BELT CHIME