2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2005 Mustang Rituals

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/04, 12:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 05MustangSB+August 19, 2004, 1:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (05MustangSB @ August 19, 2004, 1:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-tom_vilsack@August 19, 2004, 8:11 AM

-go too bed,toss and turn all night...take numerous peeks back out into garage to make sure im not dreaming,might be even a little quick seat time again too
-wake up real early (like i really did go to sleep) time to wash my baby,vacuum her etc ect
what???? you people dont sleep IN the car on the first night???? lol just kidding....i wouldn't do that.... ha- i'd sleep next to it....

just kidding [/b][/quote]
The 2005 will be my very first new car.

I do however, remember the morning of owning my first (and current) used car about 4 years ago...

I woke up so early that morning and I barely could sleep -- I just wanted to be awake for that feeling of "if I want to, I can leave right now!!" Can't wait to experience THAT again... just 1.5 months longer. Ugh. :yes:
Old 8/19/04, 12:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

I began cleaning and fixing a wall in the stall (garage) for the new pony this week.
I even picked up a 1/2gal of epoxy floor paint and a degreaser. When I get the pony home it will be washed gently, polished and then waxed. I will listen to the mp3's i created (mostly blues) while i'm washing/polishing/waxing. When I pick the car up at the dealership I will not play any music because I want to listen what she sounds like. If there's any funny sounds I want to hear them, while I get acustomed to the engine tone with the manual shift. I will also check every inch of the vechicle inside and out for any possible defects before I sign for delivery from the dealer. Once I have put the first 500mi on her I will change the oil and take her for a very long drive. B)
Old 8/19/04, 12:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about all that garage stuff!! Mine still has exposed dry wall, so I'll get the paint project going for that soon. You know those logo plates people w. Mercedes' and BMWs put on the front of their cars? -- well, I put the one with a Mustang logo up on the garage wall. I screwed it in and now hang my Mustang keys next to it (there'll be two of the logo plates on the wall soon). It's like interior decoration of the manly kind, lol...

Also, was thinking of buying that replica traffic light that tells you when you are too close to the garage wall. Here's a clicky to check it out:

Garage Parking Aid
Old 8/19/04, 04:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MR325iT@August 18, 2004, 2:16 PM
My checklist...

1. Take car home...carefully
7. Call insurance company
You might want to reverse those... B)
Old 8/19/04, 07:45 AM
Bullitt Member

I would play AC/DC's "It's A Long Way To The Top If You Want To Rock And Roll" (the bagpipes kick hiney! ) and then Aerosmith's "Train Kept A Rollin". Those are two of the greatest rock and roll songs ever made. Just makes me want to step on the gas and mash it to the floor! :drive:
Old 8/19/04, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Eric B+August 19, 2004, 6:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Eric B @ August 19, 2004, 6:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MR325iT@August 18, 2004, 2:16 PM
My checklist...

1. Take car home...carefully
7. Call insurance company
You might want to reverse those... B) [/b][/quote]
OOOHHH Yeah!!! God forbid somthing happen to my baby on the ride home with no insurance.
Old 8/19/04, 08:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by legendlimetime@August 18, 2004, 10:45 AM
I have a MP3 file that I am building. Occasionally I hear a song and think yeah that has to be on the first drive disk so I put it in the file. My plan is to burn that disk right before I head to the dealer to get the car. Some stuff already in the file...Van Halen, Ozzy, Rush, Tool, Senser, Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd...I know I know it's ans odd assortment.
Doesn't seem like an odd assortment at all, I really like all of those bands, except I don't know of Senser.

I'll be doing the same thing, my mp3 disc will probably include Tool, Floyd, They Might Be Giants, and a bunch of electronic bands that no one has heard of, such as House of Wires.

Anyhoo, my first order of business is going to be cruise the guy and try to pick up chicks. That's what Stangs are all about, baby!!!
Old 8/19/04, 09:55 AM
GT Member

Hey Shea you should find some Senser and particularly a song called "State of Mind". You should be able to grab it from Bearshare or Kazaa. You will dig it I'm pretty sure.

Oh by the way, Have a great time today! Can't wait for a report.
Old 8/20/04, 03:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by autothing@August 18, 2004, 1:47 AM
When you buy a new car, do you do anything special on the first day or go to a certain place and show it off immediately? Do you have an inaugural song to play on the CD player? I find this stuff fascinating, so go wild and say what you do, even if everyone does find it odd, lol...

By the way, I haven't yet chosen a song, but I know I am parking both of my Mustangs with the fronts facing the street from my driveway -- this way, all the neigboroons can pass and see TWO Pony logos hitting them updside the head
You guys remember that GREAT video made by dcstudios dedicated to brad and amy. The song used in that vid is "ocean avenue" by yellow card. In the yellowcard video the group used a couple of different mustangs with a 1970 pealing out at the end.
OCEAN AVE will be the song I drive away from the dealersip with.
Someone please post that great vid as a sticky so everyone can enjoy. If not I'll try when I get back from work.
Old 8/20/04, 04:05 PM

yeah i totally forgot about the metallica "fuel" song...that is a perfect stang song "gimmie fuel gimmie fire" ....
Old 8/20/04, 08:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Lots of AC/DC, Floyd and Tool mentioned... man, are you guys as old as me (OK,Tool isn't old, but its a band that appeals to the old rockers too)?

Guns and Roses, "Sweet Child o' Mine". My best memory of that song was driving my relatively new (less than a year old) 1988 Mustang GT out to Chicago from the SF Bay Area. I had taken a job there, and was uprooting after just a year of leaving UC and working close to my highschool home.

100mph through the NV desert, on cruise control, when GnR comes on the radio.

Ahhh, memories.

I sold that car in 1991 (Fox body rot... pan started coming apart under the drivers seat). Haven't driven a V8 stick since.

Can't wait...
Old 8/20/04, 08:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Highway to h_ll... Toxicity maybe... Crazy Train, Paranoid... I dunno, we'll see in about three years
Old 8/20/04, 08:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 2005muzzy@August 20, 2004, 3:16 PM
You guys remember that GREAT video made by dcstudios dedicated to brad and amy. The song used in that vid is "ocean avenue" by yellow card. In the yellowcard video the group used a couple of different mustangs with a 1970 pealing out at the end.
Someone please post that great vid as a sticky so everyone can enjoy. If not I'll try when I get back from work.
2005muzzy, here is a link to the video you were looking for.

Mustang Slideshow
Old 8/20/04, 11:58 PM
V6 Member

& no one ever said Zeppelin... come on now, there's got to be some Jimmy, Robert, John, and John fans in here. I can't imagine roaring down a desolate back highway at nite or round the lake without the sweet riffs of Jimmy all around me.
Old 8/21/04, 01:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Dude, LZ is the greatest.

I like the live version of Dazed and Confused from the BBC sessions...
Old 8/21/04, 04:06 AM

No music off the lot...just the roar of the engine filling my ears. Take her home, wash/wax, light up a Cuban and head for hwy 49...the gold country.
Old 8/21/04, 04:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by os121+August 20, 2004, 8:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (os121 @ August 20, 2004, 8:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2005muzzy@August 20, 2004, 3:16 PM
2005muzzy, here is a link to the video you were looking for.

Mustang Slideshow [/b][/quote]
Thanks A lot. I love that video.
Tony
Old 8/21/04, 08:27 AM
Bullitt Member

This board is awesome, great ideas. My Redfire '05 GT will be my first new car.

I live in the land of the Autobahn too, either my father or my best friend and I will be picking up the car at the port in Bremerhaven, for a 4 hour break in drive, followed by some cruising.

Of course, the music will change depending on who my passenger is, but with the Shaker 1000, it is going to be awesome.

:rock: Nugent and White Stripes to honor Detroit, Zeppelin, Tool, Pantera, Hoobastank, AC/DC, we're going to shake the bugs right off the windshield! :headbang:

Then my lovely wife gets a try at the wheel, followed by some more private activities.
Old 8/21/04, 08:49 AM
GT Member

When I got my first Mustang, a 2000 V-6 I played AC/DC as loud as I could stand it. I parked it in the garage& I would check on it about every 10 minutes because I couldn't believe I finially got my Mustang. When I got my 68 I did the samething except for the AC/DC since the radio that was in it was a piece of junk. I've got the AC/DC c.d. ready & waiting for my 05. I'm getting a GT this time so I will probably listen to the engine for a few mile first.
Old 8/21/04, 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

I'll have the classic rock station on, to complete the retro theam!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2005 Mustang Rituals