2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2005 Mustang Rituals

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/04, 01:21 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Galaxie@August 18, 2004, 3:20 PM
I'll probably stop off at a friend's house on the way home from the dealer to install mufflers "yes mom, it is that loud from the factory "
Hehe...maybe I'll stop by this friend's house as well.

Don't forget that we have to meet at a Timmies to Steveo. And we'll get Pete to come too if he'll drag his lazy butt up here.
Old 8/18/04, 01:22 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Galaxie@August 18, 2004, 3:20 PM
That weekend have to take all the girls for a drive, and my buddies as well.
Eh, you HAVE to take the girls....you don't HAVE to take your buddies. If there's time, I'll try to pencil them in.
Old 8/18/04, 01:25 PM
Cobra Member

Once I finally get one in say, 2006, I'll probably be yelling at myself the whole way home, "WHY DIDN'T I GET ONE OF THESE IN '04?!!!"
Old 8/18/04, 01:29 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dan+August 18, 2004, 2:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dan @ August 18, 2004, 2:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Galaxie@August 18, 2004, 3:20 PM
Eh, you HAVE to take the girls....you don't HAVE to take your buddies. If there's time, I'll try to pencil them in. [/b][/quote]
notice how I said girls first

and defintely go to a timmies after I get the exhaust, that way we can drown out the impromptu ricer car shows
Old 8/18/04, 01:32 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Galaxie+August 18, 2004, 3:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Galaxie @ August 18, 2004, 3:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Dan@August 18, 2004, 2:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Galaxie
@August 18, 2004, 3:20 PM

Eh, you HAVE to take the girls....you don't HAVE to take your buddies. If there's time, I'll try to pencil them in.
notice how I said girls first

and defintely go to a timmies after I get the exhaust, that way we can drown out the impromptu ricer car shows [/b][/quote]
Just think of how many looks the three of us would get pulling out of a timmies with the Borla Stingers roaring in a caravan.

Maybe we should do the "Timmies Pony Drive". 3 New 05 Mustang GT's will be touring Timmies across southern Ontario to showcase the new car. Buy them free coffee's and donuts to support the event.
Old 8/18/04, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm gonna bring a Romones CD with me to the dealership when I pick up my car. Nothing like some Ramones to help break in a brand new muscle car!!
Old 8/18/04, 02:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I lift my leg and tinkle on the tire, then growl "MINE"

I seriously clean the paint with a strong mix of wash everywhere, make sure there are no acid/mineral spots and wax it.
Old 8/18/04, 02:13 PM
GT Member

My checklist...

1. Take car home...carefully
2. Park in garage
3. Enjoy new car smell
4. Repeat number 3
5. Remove owners manual
6. Completely memorize owners manual (not 'cuz I need to, 'cuz I want to)
7. Call insurance company
8. Yell at insurance company
9. After a couple days, wax car
10. When new car paranoia subsides, drive that stinker (see Silverado Canyon, Ortega Hwy, PCH)
11. Periodically sneak out to the garage and just sit in the thing

I don't really have a new car "song", but my last two cars kind of became associated with the first song on the radio as I'm driving the car off the lot. First one was "Under the Bridge" by Red Hot Chili Peppers, second was "Beautiful Day" by U2.
Old 8/18/04, 03:52 PM

i think the song i would be playing out of the dealership lot would be Metallica's Whiplash then the second song would be White Zombie's Black Sunshine and then of course once home detail every inch of the car. B) and once clean cruise to every single persons house i know......
Old 8/18/04, 06:01 PM
V6 Member

Well at least someone has good taste in music. I plan on breaking it in with Battery by Metallica or Black Wind Fire and Steel by Manowar.
Old 8/18/04, 06:56 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Steve....mufflers 4 sure.... I'll have them before I have the car.

We get the 3 TO/Niagara boys together... 900+hp with 3 cars...and loud exhausts are enough to make ANY car jump outta its skin

I'm thinkin maybe ACDC....something along.....
-If you want blood, you got it
-heck Ain't A Bad Place To Be
-Heatseeker
-Shoot to Thrill
-For Those About to Rock, We Salute You
Old 8/18/04, 07:32 PM
Cobra Member

I'd probably play The Four Horsemen by MetallicA or anything off of Pantera's Cowboys From HECK. :headbang:

Old 8/18/04, 08:15 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by autothing@August 18, 2004, 1:20 PM
I have to admit, this the most interesting thread I've read on the site -- it's speculation free (finally! lol) and fun... I like the adding stripes right away idea and lowering the car. All of you who will wax it the same day are smart, I'll be sure to that as well Keep them ideas coming
yea i totally agree with this dude here.........i love all the stories and everything is sooo intresting i keep coming back to read and read again lets keep it up!!
Old 8/18/04, 09:13 PM
Cobra Member

I'm gonna burn a MP3 CD ft. Bree Sharps' "Faster, Faster" ; Metallica's "Fuel" ; The Kinks' "All of the Time" ( I think that's the title...), etc.

As soon as I get it off the lot, I'm gonna tool around the downtown...showing off B)

And that night, I will go rice hunting
Old 8/18/04, 09:39 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Boomer@August 18, 2004, 8:59 PM
Steve....mufflers 4 sure.... I'll have them before I have the car.

We get the 3 TO/Niagara boys together... 900+hp with 3 cars...and loud exhausts are enough to make ANY car jump outta its skin

I'm thinkin maybe ACDC....something along.....
-If you want blood, you got it
-heck Ain't A Bad Place To Be
-Heatseeker
-Shoot to Thrill
-For Those About to Rock, We Salute You
Well, at least we all like ACDC. We'll blast 'em in synchro
Old 8/18/04, 10:12 PM
GT Member

One other thing I forgot to mention.

If I get one. I know this kid who brags and talks poo aobut sutpid things. like he said his dad designed and drove the Caddy 16. BS! He hasn't seen his dad in 7 yrs. He said he was buying a Mustang or save more for a Ferrari 360(?) because he joined Excel (pyramide scam thinly deguised as a phone company that is failing altogether) and is supposedly making gobs of moneies. Then he said he was maybe gonna save up for a house after the mustang or ferrari.

None of it is true. The kid never shuts the heck up. To the point. He has put me down many times because of my car. He tried to stink 400 dollars from me to join that stupid Excel company....I never did it. He drives a saturn and brags about the speed of it. He's spread rumors about me. The kid is poor and doesn't know his role in the finaicial world. He brags that he has 50,000 in bonds.....his house is more than likely worth about the same. He doesn't have 50,000 in bonds. He has like 1500.

Now what I wanna do is if I get a Mustang. I will drive up to his little house.....and be like "Evan I just won the lotto!" then I'll have my friend Karl pull up shortly after me in a rented 05 Mustang V6 or like 04 if possible and he will tell Evan "Yeah and he (me) bought me a Mustang as well!". Then we'll drive off. Leaving Evan to cry and become jealous and stew in his own anger.

Sorta of like revenge.
Old 8/18/04, 10:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by autothing@August 18, 2004, 11:20 AM
I have to admit, this the most interesting thread I've read on the site -- it's speculation free (finally! lol) and fun... I like the adding stripes right away idea and lowering the car. All of you who will wax it the same day are smart, I'll be sure to that as well Keep them ideas coming
I agree, Except for that previous post.
Old 8/18/04, 11:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I want to play something mellow, just dont know what yet :scratch:
I will drive it around the block many times when i get mine. once i park it i wont be able to sleep. I may sleep in it the first day. . I bet the bucket seats will be comfy enough
Old 8/19/04, 12:08 AM
Cobra R Member

-park in garage,spent next few hours playing with everything i can think of
-go back into house with manual to make a cup of coffee (me and my new girlfriend are gonna have a late night)
-go back out to garage with manual in hand,and replay with everything again
-go too bed,toss and turn all night...take numerous peeks back out into garage to make sure im not dreaming,might be even a little quick seat time again too
-wake up real early (like i really did go to sleep) time to wash my baby,vacuum her etc ect
-now time to take her to down to my favorite beach site,ive been driving too since i was a kid
-after first drive my baby might have some dirt on her...time for a another quick bath
-spend evening taking with nieghbours and basically strutting her stuff
-spend rest of evening learning manual,like as if it was only book on earth

-as for her first song,im thinking im gonna wait till the drive to beach to pop in first cd,and just for old time sake im thinking something from 1964 might be in order.maybe "Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison"
Old 8/19/04, 12:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@August 19, 2004, 8:11 AM

-go too bed,toss and turn all night...take numerous peeks back out into garage to make sure im not dreaming,might be even a little quick seat time again too
-wake up real early (like i really did go to sleep) time to wash my baby,vacuum her etc ect
what???? you people dont sleep IN the car on the first night???? lol just kidding....i wouldn't do that.... ha- i'd sleep next to it....

just kidding

Quick Reply: 2005 Mustang Rituals