2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2005 Mustang Rituals

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/04, 09:43 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Unfortunately, not for long, it is "Against EC rules" apparently. Will have a 135kph limit by 2006 I've heard....
Old 8/18/04, 09:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the first thing I'll probably do is roll off the lot and hit one of the many back roads here in the Couve and punch it.

Afterwords can anyone say ROAD TRIP! :drive: It's 186 Miles to Seattle from Vancouver which makes for an excellent way to stretch the cars legs and become one with the Stang.

If I was buying a black Mustang (which I'm not) the very first thing I'd do is stick in AC/DC "Back In Black" and blare it.
Old 8/18/04, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

what! no more no restrictions!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang: crap.... oh well- at least if they dont do it until 2006- we still have a year to have fun....
Old 8/18/04, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

I have to say that if I get one. I will head home with the new lowering springs and put them on. Then wash it and head to the drag strip to see what the B*tch will run. Might as well break it in right.
Old 8/18/04, 09:56 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I think there should be a 2005 TMS get together sometime within 2 years of launch....maybe on its birthday or something.
That would be pretty cool
Old 8/18/04, 10:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

gunna have some mp3 cd's ready. TOOL as the band of choice to start off with. i don't know if it will need a wash and wax, but i'll probably do it anyway. put a coat of mecguiars on it, like amy said. shine it up, then show it off.

maybe cruise around and see if i can cause any accidents from peole loosing focus. lol.
Old 8/18/04, 10:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

When I get my '05 I'll take a drive around the Palos Verdes Peninsula near L.A. It has lots of hills and curves, along with a great ocean view. I'll have either "Hotel California" or "Back n' Black" in the CD player.
Old 8/18/04, 10:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Boomer@August 18, 2004, 9:59 AM
I think there should be a 2005 TMS get together sometime within 2 years of launch....maybe on its birthday or something.
that would be cool. any ideas on location?
Old 8/18/04, 10:42 AM
GT Member

I have a MP3 file that I am building. Occasionally I hear a song and think yeah that has to be on the first drive disk so I put it in the file. My plan is to burn that disk right before I head to the dealer to get the car. Some stuff already in the file...Van Halen, Ozzy, Rush, Tool, Senser, Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd...I know I know it's ans odd assortment.
Old 8/18/04, 10:44 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Boomer@August 18, 2004, 11:59 AM
For sure. I'd suggest the AAI plant on Sept. 7th, 2006
Old 8/18/04, 11:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jgsmuzzy@August 18, 2004, 5:46 PM
Unfortunately, not for long, it is "Against EC rules" apparently. Will have a 135kph limit by 2006 I've heard....
Are you sure? Didn't hear of that. And it's not in discussion here. Everytime a really bad car accident happens (there recently was one where a Mercedes Benz test driver pressed another car with a woman and her baby inside on the highway, the woman was scared so suddenly that she snatched the steering wheel and got off the road; she and the baby died) a speed limit is in discussion again, but there are several arguments against a speed limit, one of them being that Germany has a below-EU-average death rate in car accidents; high speeds on the Autobahns do very very rarely lead to accidents. And there's a mental, ideological aspect of it, too, I guess, with Germany hosting many renowned carmakers. I guess a lot of people outside of Germany buy AMG Mercedeses, strong BMWs or other german cars because they know that they have been tested and refined on german Autobahns (and a lot of other manufacturers from other parts of the world do this, too. Winter testing in Sweden, fine tuning in Germany :P). Not to forget the fact that if you drive on the Autobahn, you have speed limits at least half of the time.

-edit-

The Northern Territory state in Australia doesn't have a speed limit on highways either. And I think in Dubai or somewhere down there they don't have one on freeways.
Old 8/18/04, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by SC67Stang@August 18, 2004, 9:15 AM
Well the first song on the radio will have to be Van Halin Runnin' With The Devil.
For me when I got my GT vert in 98 it was the Van Halen remake of I believe the Kinks song, that goes.. Girl, you really got me. I was inspired by the Nissan commercial that ran during that time that had the Barbie and Ken dolls driving around in a remote control 300Z. Sounded awesome with the Mach 460 system.
Old 8/18/04, 12:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
Since I plan to enjoy multiple "firsts" (first drive home, first time a buddy rides with me, first time the top goes down if it doesn't happen on the drive home), definitely multiples plans.

One will be to read the manual cover-to-cover (already have online). Cars just aren't simple anymore!

But I think I will still be able to find the fun pedal. B)
Old 8/18/04, 12:41 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I'll bring 6 cd's down to the dealer just to load up the 500 shaker system and set them to random and let the car deceide what it wants to hear .Then pick up some floormats and wax on the way home with the radio blaring!!
Old 8/18/04, 12:45 PM
FR500 Member

GUYS I LOVE ALL THE STORIES!!!! THEY R GREAT!!..........what im gonna do when i 1st get the car is of course have someone take pictures of the look on my face when i 1st get a chance to meet the car. then im goin to take it on its maiden voyage down the highway about 2 and a half miles to my house while playing the song "baby im ready to go" by republica. the reason why im playing this song is because i went on top thrill dragster in cedar point (worlds tallest and fastest roller coaster) it went 0-120 in 4 seconds and everytime i hear that song it makes me wanna go faster. the beginning of the song is stupid but the chorus is good. anyway once i get home im gonna start taking pictures and revv it to see what it sounds like and im gonna give it a nice clean and wax. then once night time hits im gonna take a look at how all the lights light up and play with the gauges and take it for a nice drive. then around midnight or soo im gonna get a pillow and a blanket and try to sleep in it. if i cant ILL DRIVE IT
Old 8/18/04, 12:47 PM
GT Member

I work at a High School, so not only is the staff looking forward to my 2005 MustangGT, but of course, the kids as well.

I was thinking of playing the 'Flight of the Valykries' to the school, and have the band playing 'We will Rock you' in the parking lot upon my arrival.

OR

Playing the song from 2001:A Space Odessey (sp) whilst I drive into the faculty parking lot.

BUT, it all depends on the arrival date. I was told 8-10 weeks, and if it is 10 weeks, it falls on our fall break, so no one will be at the school. So I was planning on cruising ASU while playing 'Earth Girls are Easy'. I jest. I'll probably drive to Vegas for a day (because I don't want it stolen right off the bat)

All of the Rituals so far sound awesome!! I'll let you know what I finally did (in 8-10 weeks, or thereabouts).
Old 8/18/04, 01:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since my dealer is only a 1/2 mile away, I'm definitely gonna have to go for a ride and show it off to my friends and get know it. Not sure about the music yet. Boston or Van Halen, gotta go thru my cd's and find the right one.
Old 8/18/04, 01:11 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

-Maybe I'll play "Petal to the Metal" by Kaazer......after the break-in period of course. Or "Summer of 69" by Brian Adams just to honour a glory year of the mustang. ACDC "Shook me all night long" would work as well. But I'll have my entire MP3 collection in her so I'll just play everything.

-I think I'll probably go for a long long drive in the car the first weekend and blow two tanks of gas. That'll get rid of most of the break in period.

-And of course, with a new car you want to be seen so they'll be cruising around all the hotspots.

-A professional cleaning job will also be done a.s.a.p. 1" of wax all around.

-And of course, tons of pics of the car to remember Day 1
Old 8/18/04, 01:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have to admit, this the most interesting thread I've read on the site -- it's speculation free (finally! lol) and fun... I like the adding stripes right away idea and lowering the car. All of you who will wax it the same day are smart, I'll be sure to that as well Keep them ideas coming
Old 8/18/04, 01:17 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll probably do the same thing as Dan,

1st song will be a tough choice... "what you do for money" by AC/DC sounds like a good choice

Definitely have to meet up with the boys at timmies for a coffee, so they can check out the ride.

That weekend have to take all the girls for a drive, and my buddies as well.

I'll probably stop off at a friend's house on the way home from the dealer to install mufflers "yes mom, it is that loud from the factory "

Quick Reply: 2005 Mustang Rituals