Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Oracle Switchback 3157

Search this Thread

Old 8/27/24, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Oracle Switchback 3157

Hello Everyone!

This is a first time post on the forum or first account for any forum. Let me get to the point, I have a 2008 Mustang GT Premium. (I added premium because it tends to be the source cause for all my problems because everyone's solution works for the base model but not mine lol.) I had ordered the "Oracle Switchback Turn Signals" off of American Muscle for my car and I cannot get them to work.

Everything I've tried:
1. When I plug in the lights completely the white DRL doesn't come on only the amber turn signal works but it hyper flashes.
2. When I start to pull the bulb out of the socket about half way out the LED will turn white but then the amber turn signal wont work.
3. I've tried plugging the LED straight in (Some said they didn't need a resistor) and I got hyper flashing still with no White DRL
4. I used the resistor and it continued with amber turn signal hyper flashing and no white DRL (Completely plugged into the socket)
5. I used both resistors in a parallel manner as stated on the instructions that came with the LED's and same result amber turn signal with hyper flashing and no DRL

I've contacted both American Muscle for trouble shooting and Oracle customer support and both couldn't give me a solution on my problem. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read my problem and even more respond.

Last edited by ItsAlexx; 8/27/24 at 10:06 AM.
Old 8/27/24, 10:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 1,070 Posts
welcome to the forum

I have no clue about any of that ....I would check and follow the instructions very carefully, and then I think I would be sending them back if neither of them can tell you how to make them work

Last edited by Bert; 8/27/24 at 10:31 AM.
Old 8/27/24, 10:14 AM

Seriously considering it... but this was my last shot to go to the actual gear heads that know how parts work instead of someone who's just trying to sell it
Old 8/27/24, 10:25 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,089 Likes on 2,263 Posts
Looks Like This Member Has an Angle From an Old Thread!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...7/#post6967747

KC

If You Scroll Down There are Some Related Topics on The Switchback as Well But Here is Another To Check Out!!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ignals-539844/
The following users liked this post:
Bert (8/27/24)
Old 8/27/24, 10:29 AM

This was one of the many threads I had read which I am willing to do the soldering but with the LED's not working as far as the DRL's and Amber light I didn't want to strip any wires if it wasn't going to work to begin with
The following users liked this post:
Bert (8/27/24)
Old 8/27/24, 10:33 AM
The Analog Admin!

Here is The Signal Wiring & Connectors So You Know For Sure What is What!

KC

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Turn Sig Wiring.pdf (84.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 8/27/24, 10:39 AM

Well its good to know I was splicing the correct ones but still nothing as far as DRL's working and the turn signals although I'm starting to think the connector is bad? although the regular bulbs work just fine
Old 8/27/24, 10:50 AM
The Analog Admin!

Don't Know if This Will Help With Aftermarket Setup But Here is The Shop Manual Diag. If You Can't get it to Go Can You Find The Bulbs That Come With Built in Resistor For The Stang? The Hyper Flashing Points Me Towards a GOOD Solid Ground Issue. I Would Make Sure Both Sides are Wired and Both Bulbs are Installed at The Same Time and Not a Combination Of Regular & Led if That is The Case???

Also New Parts Can Be Bad Out of The Box! Also Connectors Can Go Bad on The Stock Setup But Odd Regular Bulbs Still Function Correctly. Can You Lay Out The Stock Bulb Side by Side With Led Bulb With Terminal Positions on Both Sides To See If They are In Exact Same Location. If Wire is Off on Bulb To Right or Left May Not Be Contacting Properly.

If One Bulb is Not Working This is The Result!

The timed on/off cycle is determined by the SJB and is set to flash approximately 80 times per minute if both the front and rear turn
lamps operate correctly. If an individual turn signal lamp is inoperative, the SJB flashes the remaining turn lamp approximately 160
times per minute

Oh One More Thing What are You Running in Back??? Are They Led or Sequential Lamps???

KC
Attached Files