Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/16, 10:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
OUCH! That's a pretty dumb place for an autocross.
That should be in the handbook of how NOT to set up an autocross course.

Back on topic: I had my Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft re-installed, and it is nice and smooth and quiet so far.

I installed it myself the first time, which is not a bad job execpt for all the slithering around under the car when you only have jack stands. It had some vibration under some conditions from the start; which got worse over time and even worse when I had 3.73 gears installed. The gears were whiny so while the installer was looking at them, I had him swap out the driveshaft for the original one. I sent the Shaftmasters back to their shop; they said the slip joint and one of the U-joints were worn out. I think it had about 50,000 miles on it; plus whatever the previous owner put on it (I bought it used). They fixed it up like new for $400 (kinda steep, but a lot less than a whole new one). Meanwhile I had realized that the shop who did the gears was very reasonable with their charges; plus they have the tools to set the pinion angle (I do have adjustable UCA) so I had them do it. (In Gear in Douglas, Mass. if anyone is interested) They only charged me $220 for the install, pinion angle, changing the rear end fluid (I provided the Royal Purple Severe Gear) and also changing the transmission fluid (they provided the Amsoil for that) . . . I was pretty happy with that.

Anyway the driveshaft feels good and the rear end feels good and the transmission feels good and we're ready for Track Night in America on Tuesday!

Last edited by Bert; 5/13/16 at 10:01 AM.
Old 5/13/16, 10:11 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
OUCH! That's a pretty dumb place for an autocross.

Was it a joint event? Darwin Award Tryouts & Autocross (DATA).
Old 5/13/16, 02:20 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
i finally finished the paint correction and sealant today. took me a week, since i wasn't feeling great and my granny passed away midweek. I think i got about 95% of the swirls out which is good considering i don't have a garage to do this in. it's hard to work in an open air environment, with so many things floating around in the air, not the least of which is the curious insects who wanna land right where i am working lol!

I think later this evening i'll do a brilliant glaze application after it cools down.
Old 5/13/16, 03:28 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
i finally finished the paint correction and sealant today. took me a week, since i wasn't feeling great and my granny passed away midweek. I think i got about 95% of the swirls out which is good considering i don't have a garage to do this in. it's hard to work in an open air environment, with so many things floating around in the air, not the least of which is the curious insects who wanna land right where i am working lol!

I think later this evening i'll do a brilliant glaze application after it cools down.

Condolences Darren.

Post some pics when it's all sparkly and wet looking. I'm taking a break now from detailing in the garage while it pours outside. Show tomorrow.
Old 5/13/16, 04:01 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Darren, my thoughts and prayers go out to both yourself and your family concerning the passing of your granny..

-Rocky
Old 5/13/16, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windows tinted last week, detailed today.

Old 5/13/16, 05:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectreH
Was it a joint event? Darwin Award Tryouts & Autocross (DATA).
Lol nice.
Old 5/13/16, 05:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
lol trust me, I know what a PITA headers can be. I did them myself on my 91 Z28, it was a nightmare that lasted 5 days. Granted I had just had back surgery about 2 months beforehand, so I had to take a lot of breaks, but yeah it's super easy to break exhaust bolts. I don't blame you guys, I'm just jelly because I'm too cheap for any of this stuff
Headers are stupid easy on those cars compared to modular motors. Although I had a really easy time putting my headers on.

Speaking of people getting their exhaust done

Old 5/13/16, 06:35 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,209 Posts
My condolences Darren.
Pics of that killer car of yours all done up!

Originally Posted by coolflea216
Looks good!

Originally Posted by ford20
Headers are stupid easy on those cars compared to modular motors. Although I had a really easy time putting my headers on.
2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca 326ci coyote - YouTube
That sounds killer Sean!!!! You must be amped bro.
Love it.
Old 5/13/16, 06:41 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Both the window tinting and detailing look fantastic
Old 5/13/16, 10:05 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

Darren... sorry for your loss.

Nice job on the correction though. Pics for sure please.
Old 5/13/16, 10:05 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Enjoyed my Friday immensely - gotta smile when your UPS guy arrives shortly after you do from work.

The overall packaging was very well done. They took care to ensure that no metal parts were in contact. I enjoyed the wrapping of the side pipes The welds were superb. That long tube header medusa head was a work of art. I'd put the quality of Kooks alongside Corsa. Excellent. I can't wait to get these babies on - Monday. More pics and vids to come.

Old 5/13/16, 10:44 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Sorry about your granny, Darren.

[IMG]https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/themustangsource.com-vbulletin/2000x1124/80-2016_05_13_18_21_48_2dc6d86938788de99c900d52320d23 c6b67378f6.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/themustangsource.com-vbulletin/2000x1124/80-2016_05_13_18_22_49_0d722065dd2be49408754351a44481 3be8a89b3b.jpg[IMG]
Looks good! Love that color with those wheels.
Originally Posted by ford20

[url="https://youtu.be/k-GQyuSqtlc"]2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca 326ci coyote - YouTube[url]
That's all we get?
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Enjoyed my Friday immensely - gotta smile when your UPS guy arrives shortly after you do from work.

[img]http://s20.postimg.org/iaqpp9ujx/image.jpg[img]

The overall packaging was very well done. They took care to ensure that no metal parts were in contact. I enjoyed the wrapping of the side pipes The welds were superb. That long tube header medusa head was a work of art. I'd put the quality of Kooks alongside Corsa. Excellent. I can't wait to get these babies on - Monday. More pics and vids to come.

[youtube]Nzibgczn0KI[youtube]

[img]http://s20.postimg.org/tuqy3ke7h/DSC_1177.jpg[img]

[img]http://s20.postimg.org/x94j5yk8d/DSC_1184.jpg[img]

[img]http://s20.postimg.org/ldrfsn9il/DSC_1190.jpg[img]

[img]http://s20.postimg.org/nfrx6w7hp/DSC_1178.jpg[img]

[img]http://s20.postimg.org/dsjtjfp4d/DSC_1181.jpg[img]

[img]http://s20.postimg.org/k19qqrc31/DSC_1192.jpg[img]

[img]http://s20.postimg.org/kkeu013hp/DSC_1188.jpg[img]
Can't wait to hear it! Be sure to give us more than just a teaser like Sean.
Old 5/14/16, 12:53 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,635 Posts
Sorry for your loss Darren!
Old 5/14/16, 04:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 542 Likes on 422 Posts
My deepest condolences Darren
Old 5/14/16, 08:31 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Awwwww shheeeeeeettttt,...........
It's on. I forgot about the side pipes! NASTY!
Old 5/14/16, 09:24 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts

I had to picture quote these just because they are so beautiful and because coyote 5-0 would be disappointed if i didn't

Congrats Burton! Canna wait to hear em!

Thanks for condolences about my gramma everyone! She didn't suffer long so we are all sad but relieved too. Cancer is an awful thing.

I still didn't get the glaze on my car just yet but will today. I took my ducati out for a good rip yesterday instead. it helps clear my mind of debris and stress. I will cut my lawn first then rinse off the car then glaze her! once day i'll have a beautiful garage to store her in...

3 car with a 4th spot in tandem behind which will be the 'ducati room' lol with red, black and grey color scheme. the single spot will be the mustang only room with a 4 post lift to ease the detailing efforts . construction begins september

Last edited by DarrenGT; 5/14/16 at 09:25 AM.
Old 5/14/16, 10:17 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

once day i'll have a beautiful garage to store her in...

3 car with a 4th spot in tandem behind which will be the 'ducati room' lol with red, black and grey color scheme. the single spot will be the mustang only room with a 4 post lift to ease the detailing efforts . construction begins september
Very nice Darren! That is going to be awesome.
Congrats!
Old 5/14/16, 11:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

I had to picture quote these just because they are so beautiful and because coyote 5-0 would be disappointed if i didn't
Between this thread and the Post Your Pics thread, I've seen more pipes today than a plumber has seen all week...

I still didn't get the glaze on my car just yet but will today. I took my ducati out for a good rip yesterday instead. it helps clear my mind of debris and stress. I will cut my lawn first then rinse off the car then glaze her! once day i'll have a beautiful garage to store her in...

I think this'll do just nicely:

Old 5/15/16, 06:26 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
That's a garage with the house as an afterthought. LOL.

I hope that when I buy a new house I get me self a garage too.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?